• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Mostly a weak year, but the Action 52 / Cheetahmen episodes are probably some of the best he's ever done.

for me it was a pretty good year:

January 6, 2010: Street Fighter 2010

Not that funny, but a good overview of a very underrated game.

January 20, 2010: Hydlide

short,meh episode

February 4, 2010: Ninja Gaiden

one of his best. Funny,entertaining, and a great homage to a classic game.

February 18, 2010: Swordquest

so epic and nostalgic. A perfect overview.

March 6, 2010: Pong Consoles

lazy episode, basically just a slideshow of pong consoles.

April 30, 2010: Action 52

June 10, 2010: Cheetahmen

again, one of his best.

July 8, 2010: Game Glitches

maybe his worst episode ever. About as funny as kicking a cactus with bare feet.

August 5, 2010: Zelda II

didn't like this one. Zelda II is a great game.

September 3, 2010: Back to the Future Trilogy

pretty good one, but he should have covered BTF III better.

October 7, 2010: Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Re-Revisited

another good one.

November 4, 2010: Lester the Unlikely

lazy episode.

December 6, 2010: Christmas Special 2010

i was bored after like 5 minutes. Didn't like it at all

Cow Mengde said:
You mean this right?

23w1d7o.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

Jasoco

Banned
That's brilliant. Why was he in that? Who cares. It's nice to see him in something real.. shame it's a banned commercial. Stupid Christians. I'm sure Super Mega Death Christ would have a sense of humor.

Why did the priest remind me of The Todd from Scrubs and the other priest guy kinda looked like Spoony. But now I think I'm just seeing things. :lol

Jasoco

Banned
It's just so out there. I want to know more about how he ended up in this commercial! Is Dorito's and Pepsi an advertiser on his site? Do they have AGVN fans working in their companies? So weird. But awesome. And once again, fuck Christians for being so pissy.

Jasoco

Banned
Cow Mengde said:
I think he just went for it when they sent out adds for casting. I'm willing to bet whoever that made this commercial knew who he was so they had him do the frown.

Here's the behind the scenes with a few more shot of James.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi-qp_HQsIw
Awesome. Hate that every year the good commercials get banned. This country sucks. Uptight Christian morals are ruining everything.

I love how the guy in front of him was trying his best to get into the picture. In the end he just kept himself visible enough to know it was him. Shame now no one will see it.

Zabka

Jasoco said:
It's just so out there. I want to know more about how he ended up in this commercial! Is Dorito's and Pepsi an advertiser on his site? Do they have AGVN fans working in their companies? So weird. But awesome. And once again, fuck Christians for being so pissy.
It's an entry for a contest Pepsi/Doritos were holding.

The commercial hasn't been "banned" - as stated, it was a contest. The winning commercials will be seen during the Super Bowl and the winners get $5 million. The winners won't be announced until January 3, and Feed your Flock is still in the list. Note, however, there are tons and tons and tons of submissions, and that one *is* getting a lot of complaints on the contest website.

Zabka

You're acting like it was banned by the government or the church. It's one of several thousand entries in a contest held by a corporation to air during the highest rated television event of the year. It's a funny commercial and it's well-made, but they'd have to be the worst businessmen in the world to even consider airing it.

That Turtles vid is horrible. I mean god damn it looks like there is wadded up tissue paper in the crotch area of their costumes.

The Tornado Rex vid is hilarious. I'm immature as hell o I lost it at:

"I saw you blowing on the pieces!"
"I saw you blowing a goat last night."
:lol

Jasoco

Banned
Combichristoffersen said:
I quite liked his christmas episode.

Wow.

The third TMNT movie was bad. The Coming out of their Shells stuff was shit. But this.. This is beyond awful. Holy shit :lol
The third movie pales in comparison to the other two piles of shit. :lol These shitty straight-to-VHS TMNT videos.

Metal B

firehawk12 said:
This game was made by Hal Labs? Or is that just a coincidence?

The game was from a us company named Sculptured Software, Inc. and published by HAL America and they were later bought by Acclaim. Some noticeable games they created were Super Star Wars (SNES), Mortal Kombat Ports for the SNES, WWF Royal Rumble (SNES), Looney Tunes B-Ball Port for the SNES and WWF Warzone (N64). Funny never really heard from them before, but played a lot of there games and ports.

N4Us

Oh man, Davey:lol

Haven't watched the review yet but this game is such garbage. One of the worst NES games I've played but I never expected him to review it.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Game didn't seem that bad, based on the footage. Not great, but not awful by NES standards either.

Medalion

Banned
The nerd said it best, the game was mediocre... he even admitted it at the end

It's like he's not even trying anymore to find really really awful games

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Metal B said:
The game was from a us company named Sculptured Software, Inc. and published by HAL America and they were later bought by Acclaim. Some noticeable games they created were Super Star Wars (SNES), Mortal Kombat Ports for the SNES, WWF Royal Rumble (SNES), Looney Tunes B-Ball Port for the SNES and WWF Warzone (N64). Funny never really heard from them before, but played a lot of there games and ports.

Yeah, that makes more sense. I suppose when you're a kid, HAL is HAL. :lol

Kusagari

He should start doing some newer crappy games if he's running out of earlier generation material. There's always classics like Drake of the 99 Dragons and that Aquaman game.

Top Bottom