• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

Shame that he didn't go ahead and make it a multipart series. There's a massive well of SW games that he could've gone into (he acknowledges this at least) but he stops when he gets to some good ones.

A good episode, but there's a missed opportunity here.

Dreamwriter said:
Don't forget, his big interest isn't videogames, it's movies.
That may be true, but Rolfe is unquestionably more well know for his AVGN persona,and its very apparent that he's losing steam. (To me at least.) The one video a month pretty much confirmed that for me
Look at Nostalgia Critic!! He's cranking out a video a week and the character is still there
The Nerd?? Not so much.

maharg

idspispopd
Ysiadmihi said:
He's really gotta stop bringing the episodes to a halt anytime something "wacky" happens in a game. Yes, Darth Vader turned into a scorpion. No need to spend 10 minutes on it.

I think that's entirely fair.

I wonder if it's a sprite glitch from some previous form the game took, maybe before it was licensed.

Mael

CJUNDERGROUND said:
That may be true, but Rolfe is unquestionably more well know for his AVGN persona,and its very apparent that he's losing steam. (To me at least.) The one video a month pretty much confirmed that for me
Look at Nostalgia Critic!! He's cranking out a video a week and the character is still there
The Nerd?? Not so much.

Considering that NC doesn't do games....

Jasoco

Banned
CJUNDERGROUND said:
The Nerd?? Not so much.
Not to mention that he also has like a half a dozen different persona's, at least a dozen people working for him and does this for a living.

Speaking of which. His 3 year anniversary is coming up in May. I wonder what they'll do this year. Kickassia was amazing last year and the Critic vs. Nerd war the year before was totally epic.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
maharg said:
I think that's entirely fair.

I wonder if it's a sprite glitch from some previous form the game took, maybe before it was licensed.

Nah, not a sprite glitch. You face Vader in just about every level, and he turns into something different every time. It's completely intentional.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Seraphis Cain said:
Nah, not a sprite glitch. You face Vader in just about every level, and he turns into something different every time. It's completely intentional.

I never played the game but I figured it's just a false Vader each time (which would explain why Luke is actually able to beat him).

Jasoco

Banned
Ysiadmihi said:
I never played the game but I figured it's just a false Vader each time (which would explain why Luke is actually able to beat him).
Jasoco said:
Maybe.. maybe he's like Bowser's disguised minions in the first 7 castles. "Sorry, Luke. But our Princess Leia is in another Space Station."
*cough*

Darklord

Banned
CJUNDERGROUND said:
The Nerd?? Not so much.

The Critic does it as a full time job. James wouldn't.

he couldnt beat JVC star wars? :\

I couldn't either. Fucking impossible.

Edit: Wait I'm talking about the SNES games.

rezuth

Feels like there was an lack of effort in this episode but I'm guessing he is spending most of his resources elsewhere now.

Mzo

Darklord said:
I couldn't either. Fucking impossible.

Edit: Wait I'm talking about the SNES games.
The NES game was much more difficult than the SNES games. I finished SW and ESB on Jedi difficulty.

I didn't do it for RotJ because it sucked; a normal playthrough was good enough for that one.

isny

napkin dispenser
isny said:
Ditto.

This is episode 99...the 100th episode is probably going to be with the NES competition cart. (Crossover with Pat the NES punk)

http://thepunkeffect.com/?p=1018

Herbspicesoy said:
Yesterday I saw that Pat the NES Punk had made a new video with The AVGN about how he goes about making his videos. I though it was pretty cool & interesting.
This is about 18 minutes of a full 45 minutes version to be released later:
http://thepunkeffect.com/?p=1091

Combined for your viewing pleasure.

Man, I want to play the Namco
t
game just because of Sasori (or Scorpian) Vader.

875screenshot3.png

krae_man

crimzonflame said:
I dont remember the SNES Star Wars games being difficult. I used to pass Empire and Jedi all the time as a kid.

I remember that they were. But I'm at the point now where I have the muscle memory and can beat them without any trouble.

Super Star Wars is one of my favorite games of all time. Many people don't know if you shoot 10 scorpians on the first rock of the first level, you get a blaster power up. My Step dad woke me up in the middle of the night to show me how he found it:lol

Amalthea

Banned
The Spoony Hou said:
Man, I want to play the Namco
t
game just because of Sasori (or Scorpian) Vader.

875screenshot3.png

Too bad it was never released in the West.
Much better than the turd we got on the NES.

Junior

Banned
More epic than i would have ever thought.

Only beef: i wish he would have yelled "FIRE" when shooting his helmet beam.

-KRS-

This episode was better than a lot of his newer ones that's for sure. It did not disappoint. I did go in with pretty low expectations though.

Top Bottom