• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: City Folk

RaidenZR said:
Lorenzo! I need that mushroom chair! I'll trade or buy!

Pahleeeeeease....

sorry dude just getting back home. i should be back on shortly and add some more people

thanks to whoever left me that $10,000 mushroom!

also caught a nice sized pike in Weymouth. Devan, thanks for your hospitality sir!

daike, thanks for the table!

ok - my gates are open. i'm adding everyone here that added me. come on by! i desperately need fruit besides peaches.

raiden the chair is yours for an axe

RaidenZR

Glute.Belly said:
sorry dude just getting back home. i should be back on shortly and add some more people

thanks to whoever left me that $10,000 mushroom!

also caught a nice sized pike in Weymouth. Devan, thanks for your hospitality sir!

daike, thanks for the table!

ok - my gates are open. i'm adding everyone here that added me. come on by! i desperately need fruit besides peaches.

raiden the chair is yours for an axe

I'll be on later but my axe broke and my Nook's is a sitngy POS. :(

Anything else I could do for it?

ummmm...i dunno. a slingshot? axe or slingshot

my gates open. im playing mk vs dc universe for a while

edit: theres an iris table at my gate - up for grabs

Luigison

I checked about an hour ago and the following people still weren't hearted on my file:

Baconbitz | Bacn'bit | Anapolis | 5069-7412-7640 contacted
Captain N l Buffalo l Digby l 3179-9563-4511 contacted
creamsugar | XianG | Eridanus | 1333-1191-7100
Dragmire | Chad | SilCloud | 2106-2156-1000
JasoNsider | Jason | Starwood | 1934-4168-0222
jibblypop | billy | olmankim | 4983-8424-9874 contacted
Kandinsky | Marshall | Onett | 4854-9950-7057 contacted
Mejilan | Mejilan | Hyrule | Oranges | 0560-0273-6528
RaidenZR | Kristua | Julik | 3738-3014-7796 contacted
Toy Soldier l Jason l Top Town l 4210-7485-9929

The ones noted as "contacted" have let me know they have or will be adding me soon. So, that leaves the following I'll be deleting from later tonight unless I hear otherwise:

creamsugar | XianG | Eridanus | 1333-1191-7100
Dragmire | Chad | SilCloud | 2106-2156-1000
JasoNsider | Jason | Starwood | 1934-4168-0222
Mejilan | Mejilan | Hyrule | Oranges | 0560-0273-6528
Toy Soldier l Jason l Top Town l 4210-7485-9929

That's exactly the same number I need to add:

Deku | Daike | Kakariko | 4554-3469-3782
Glute.belly | Lorenzo | Bmore | 0302-3314-2435
dkeane | Devan | Weymouth | 0302 3315 5829
Delio | Delvin | Reefside | 3910-1005-1134
tetrisgrammaton | 1805-5727-8091 (What's your name and town?)

Edit: I also need to add:

thebigkahuna1 | Sonny | Wildwood | 5370-3929-1751

tmaynard

Just played with DrForester and bobbyconover. It was pretty fun aside from the CONSTANT disconnects. Seriously, what the hell is that all about? We got disconnected every single time about 7 minutes after we connect.

At least I got some good pictures from it.

RaidenZR

Glute.Belly said:
ummmm...i dunno. a slingshot? axe or slingshot

my gates open. im playing mk vs dc universe for a while

edit: theres an iris table at my gate - up for grabs

Well right now I don't have either of those. Oh well...

Maybe tomorrow something will show up in Nook's.

Luigison

My gates open, but I'm not there since my daughter is watching a DVD. (I shouldn't have put the DTV, PS3, and Wii on the same input because now I can't do split screen.) Anyway, I have apples if anybody wants any. Please don't dig up my shovel that's near Nook's. Oh, and please don't run. I've lost a lot of flowers lately. Nook has a shovel, net, and watering can. If you want anything from Wild World's catalog transfer let me know and I'll order it for you and not charge a fee.

Luigison, is there any way I can get you to add me? It sounds like you're pretty active lately and so am I. My list is about 90% non-hearts at this point so I'm always on the lookout for people to actually play with! I added you the other day.

And yeah tmaynard, that was cool! Sucks about the resets, but at least we got to go see KK Slider together. I'm so glad they added the ability to watch KK in other peoples towns.

dookins - i unplugged my mic becuz wifey was watching csi earlier while my gate was open

thanks whoever left me those pears!

pics coming...

RaidenZR

Glute.Belly and Luigison, I've quadruple-checked my info inputted for you guys and it's totally legit based on what's in the OP. Can you check the stuff for me on your end?

Luigison

RaidenZR said:
Glute.Belly and Luigison, I've quadruple-checked my info inputted for you guys and it's totally legit based on what's in the OP. Can you check the stuff for me on your end?
I closed my gate and turned of AC for the night. I'll check later.

I deleted:
creamsugar
JasoNsider
Majilan
Toy Soldier

I added:
Glute.belly
thebigkahuna1
Deku
bobbyconover

There's still three or four people that want me to add them, but I'm going to give the people who I've already added and have said they'd add me one more day before deleting anyone else. I'll also check the codes for people that aren't hearted to make sure I didn't make a mistake.

Tonight was productive. I got a gold shovel from burying mine for 24 hours. Actually someone else dug it up, but gave it to me so I gave them the standard shovel. I also planted 3 apple trees for them as part of their charm/fortune in Logville. I tried to get stuff from the flea market sales, but everything I wanted they wouldn't sell. My charm is to get a visitor to pull three weeds. I can't stand it though and have pulled several weeds myself. I'll leave them for awhile and see if someone can get three. I also got K.K. Ballad. I didn't find the bell rock, but was told by a villager who got the bells from it. I had one disconnect tonight that cost me a pill bug and some bells, but that wasn't too bad. I had 5 visitors total and visited Logville myself. I planted more foreign fruit, and haven't sold any. All in all a productive night if you consider "playing" AC productive. Good night.

Baconbitz

Banned
Luigison said:
I checked about an hour ago and the following people still weren't hearted on my file:

Baconbitz | Bacn'bit | Anapolis | 5069-7412-7640 contacted
I swear I added you. I will add you again.

Luigison

I bought 80 turnips for 110 each. Do they sell for different amounts in different towns? My Nook's will be closed Monday, but I'm pretty sure I can sell and friends Nook's. I think it may be a good idea for use to post are turnips prices and what Nook will pay for them in our towns.

Also, I'll be out of town Wednesday through Sunday so I likely won't be able to finish my Muschroom series. If you have anything you are willing to sell please let me know. I need the wallpaper, TV, dresser, chair w/ log back, bed, a possible some other things.

I also still need a slingshot and axe, but I think most people here do.

I have apples native, but think I have trees of all the other fruits planted now. I don't have coconuts.

Edit: I'll check the codes for people on my list that aren't hearted later tonight.

Marvie_3

Banned
Marvie_3 | Adam | HongKong | 2535-7112-4561

I have all the fruits and Nook was pretty good with turnip prices last week(of course I couldn't buy any....)!

Let me know if you add me.....My friends list is about half full so I don't have room for everyone.

Proven

Ok, OP updated with every friend code posted in this thread. If I missed one, msg me.

After the end of next week I'm going to separate the list into those who are on often and those we aren't/haven't responded in a while. As people slowly stop playing, they probably aren't going to post in this thread to tell about it. Luigison and others who are checking the hearts are already a big help and I'll check my own later.

I know I created the thread and but haven't been active much. I've only been to a few people's towns, and yesterday I played Left4Dead online with friends for about 12 hours, and the college dorm I'm in has the most inconsistent wireless connection I've ever seen, which makes me afraid to go online much, but I have been sending letters every few days.

Also, pictures and stories, I've still been taking pictures, but now I've taken so many that I'm not quite ready to put in the effort into tying them in together and making a huge post about it. Watch for little chunks and stories later.

Deku

Banned
Thanks everyone who came today.

Lorenzo
Kristua
Cassie,
TMK|Mario

I may have missed some more who I didnt see. Was busy all afternoon so I only had a few mins to drop in and greet you all.

Oh, Mario, about the coconut, I'll mail you one soon as the tree is ripe.

RUU_0012.jpg

Wildwood's gate is open (will be open pretty much all night). I have native cherries and I'm growing apples. I need the rest. I'll be watching football and working but I'll pop in every now and again. If you haven't added me I have likely added you. Just please don't trample on my precious red turnip. :)
thebigkahuna1
Sonny
Wildwood (cherries)
5370-3929-1751

Luigison

Baconbitz | Bacn'bit | Anapolis | 5069-7412-7640

Those are the only two not hearted on my file. I'll check the codes later tonight.

Edit: I have both entered correct and am opening my gate now.
Edit 2: Sonny's code appears to now work. I'm going there and closing my gate. That just leaves Baconbitz.

RaidenZR

Deku and I after I traded in my motocross helmet:
oigl1x.jpg

I hate that the HUD isn't stripped off when pics are snapped. So obnoxious.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Glute.Belly said:
gate open. need apples & coconuts if anyone can spare.

i have lots of everything as you will see. help yourself
Yeah my wife (cassie) LOVES your town :lol She was so excited to visit she said you had everything. She grabbed one of each fruit :D Thanks Glute :)

Deku my wife liked your area too. I believe you gave her peaches? If so thanks again!

RaidenZR

vumpler said:
Yeah my wife (cassie) LOVES your town :lol She was so excited to visit she said you had everything. She grabbed one of each fruit :D Thanks Glute :)

Deku my wife liked your area too. I believe you gave her peaches? If so thanks again!

Your wife ran all over my sprouts and then promptly left. It seemed pretty rude. Deku was witness!

:mad:

vumpler said:

cas vegas is pretty nice too. been there twice already.

im gonna hook my town up next week during my time off. hopefully i'll have coconuts and apples by then

Baconbitz

Banned
Luigison said:
Baconbitz | Bacn'bit | Anapolis | 5069-7412-7640

Those are the only two not hearted on my file. I'll check the codes later tonight.

Edit: I have both entered correct and am opening my gate now.
Edit 2: Sonny's code appears to now work. I'm going there and closing my gate. That just leaves Baconbitz.
Added. Just won't be able to play though.

Luigison

Baconbitz said:
Added. Just won't be able to play though.
Thanks. Do you mean just tonight? You're still not showing up hearted, but I assume that you will be next time you connect to the channel.

My gates open now. I need someone to pull three weeds from my town. I planted three trees for two different people, but I'm not sure what the charm/fortune changes. If anyone needs anything done let me know.

I need a mushroom wallpaper if anyone gets and extra. I'll be out of town from Wed to Sun so I'll have to find it before then or buy it from someone else. There may be other stuff I'm missing, but I don't know the whole series.

vumpler

RaidenZR said:
Your wife ran all over my sprouts and then promptly left. It seemed pretty rude. Deku was witness!

:mad:
oh noes. Does walking on sprouts hurt them? I know walking on flowers hurts them but didn't know walking on trees did. I'll tell her.

RaidenZR

I'm playing now. If anyone wants to swap Mushroom stuff, I have a double of the lamp and the end table. I'm looking for the Stool, TV, and Chair.

Proven

RaidenZR said:
Deku and I after I traded in my motocross helmet:
http://i38.tinypic.com/oigl1x.jpg

I hate that the HUD isn't stripped off when pics are snapped. So obnoxious.

All you have to do is keep the pointer off the screen when you press the 1 button for most of the HUD to leave. As for the clock, to remove it while not in a conversation just hold down B or Z.

Ironballs

Finally started playing.

Ironballs | Dahltin | Medina | 4940-8976-4007

I have peaches. I usually have my town open, so let me know if you add me.

updated my friends list

there's a few on there still not hearted, so i will remove those tomorrow an add new people if not yet hearted by tomorrow.
i have all fruit (Lots of it)

Proven

Ironballs said:
Finally started playing.

Ironballs | Dahltin | Medina | 4940-8976-4007

I have peaches. I usually have my town open, so let me know if you add me.

Every time I pop in here to update the OP, I'll just quote the post(s) I'm updating the OP with. Gives extra exposure and keeps people that have their unread posts far from the front page from having to go back.

Proven

Ysiadmihi said:
Does anyone plan on opening their gates anytime soon? I really need to sell shit but Nook is closed for remodeling :(

I was going to post that I would be on for my own chores in a little bit and just open my gates for you, but then I realized that today is the 24th, not the 23rd, which means my Nook's closed too. Heh, I'll play later tonight to grab some mushrooms and plant some fruit then.

Glute.Belly said:
dookins - i unplugged my mic becuz wifey was watching csi earlier while my gate was open

thanks whoever left me those pears!

That was me -- no problem! And yeah, I had fun listening to you guys watching CSI and hearing all your local commercials and such. It was crystal clear over the mic! :D

RaidenZR

vumpler said:
oh noes. Does walking on sprouts hurt them? I know walking on flowers hurts them but didn't know walking on trees did. I'll tell her.

Yeah, if you run on a planted sapling it will likely be stunted the next morning. You can walk over them, just not run. It's recommended you just steer clear of them for a day as it were. Safer that way.

Proven

RaidenZR said:
Yeah, if you run on a planted sapling it will likely be stunted the next morning. You can walk over them, just not run. It's recommended you just steer clear of them for a day as it were. Safer that way.

What? Really? At least I didn't lose anything, but jeez...

Next you're going to tell me the same rule applies for red turnips.

RaidenZR

Proven said:
What? Really? At least I didn't lose anything, but jeez...

Next you're going to tell me the same rule applies for red turnips.

No red turnips are immune. They just need water. I'm basing this on experience and not some hacker-revealed game logic or guide PROtips. It could be AC myth but in my experience, if I don't go anywhere NEAR a planted tree, the next day it'll rise up.

Somethings seem to vary of course. I'm not sure if it ignores if an animal neighbor is constantly walking all over a planted sapling. I'm not sure if watering it helps or recovers it, and if so how much. And this may or may not apply to coconut saplings since, as far as I know, those are just sensitive as to the location of where you plant them. Plant them at the border of sand/grass but not in the actual sand, in case you were curious.

Taichu

Anyone got some spare cherries to give?

I don't have much to offer back... I can let you touch my Master Sword and Tri Force so you can reorder them. Otherwise, I have pears.

JoeFu

Banned
Hello! Just started playing this game, will most like not play much due to every other game coming out, but here's my info and I'll try to play whenever people come to my town. If you added me let me know!

JoeFu | Jonathan | Fuville | 2063-2757-4696 and I have pears!

bryehn

JoeFu said:
Hello! Just started playing this game, will most like not play much due to every other game coming out, but here's my info and I'll try to play whenever people come to my town. If you added me let me know!

JoeFu | Jonathan | Fuville | 2063-2757-4696 and I have pears!

Added to my very last slot.

bryehn | Bri-Nat | Riceton | 1247-2201-7099

vumpler

bryehn said:
Anyone got an open Nook's today? I have pears, apples, oranges and some mushrooms (and a mush bed) to ditch.
Doh our town needs apples but nook is closed today. Are multiple people's closed today?

Top Bottom