• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: City Folk

Baconbitz

Banned
RaidenZR said:
I didn't. I'm guessing animals might just give you the usual stuff they tend to like when you help them out on normal days. No idea, though. The substantial thing about today seems to deal with Franklin, so that's who I helped. It's been a while since the GCN version so I don't even remember if it's any different now. At some point Tortimer will just get senile and keep giving them to you anyways, so go ahead and try one on an animal friend. Let us know.

Now I'm to stuff myself for reals.

HAPPY HARVEST-ING DAY EVERYONE!
Well they do tell ya where Franklin will be next but, I'm wondering if when I finish giving all the animals stuff if I get something from Tortimer.

dkeane

Baconbitz said:
Well they do tell ya where Franklin will be next but, I'm wondering if when I finish giving all the animals stuff if I get something from Tortimer.
You don't, I just did it.

Luigison

Deku said:
Luigison seems to have left his town open overnight and his Nooks remains closed even on normal open hours and his town may not have updated?

Perhaps this is a game feature that players have to close off gate every day for game to update and nooks to reopen.

I visited him 7pm his time and Nooks was closed and door sign actually says open 7am to 1am so it should have been open when I went to visit his town.
"It's not a bug. It's a feature."

This is sad. I'd left it open in part so that people could use my Nook's. Are the trees producing fruit? I wonder if I'll have dead flowers and lots of weeds when I return Sunday night. Can anyone confirm that my gate is still open and Nook's is closed?

Did anyone get any extra Mush dresser, wall, or stool that you can sell/trade? I'll eventually start another player (my wife already has one) and will be collecting mush, Mario, music, space, and game stuff. What is everyone else collecting?

bryehn

Luigison said:
"It's not a bug. It's a feature."

This is sad. I'd left it open in part so that people could use my Nook's. Are the trees producing fruit? I wonder if I'll have dead flowers and lots of weeds when I return Sunday night. Can anyone confirm that my gate is still open and Nook's is closed?

Did anyone get any extra Mush dresser, wall, or stool that you can sell/trade? I'll eventually start another player (my wife already has one) and will be collecting mush, Mario, music, space, and game stuff. What is everyone else collecting?

Gate's open, I was able to stop by easily.

Nook's is definitely closed though...

Trees don't seem to be resetting either.

Oh, no weeds though, that's something.

im opening my gate, but i wont be around. will some please bring apples and coconuts?

finally got a hybrid and put it in my beachhouse...go check it out

RaidenZR

I'm gonna leave my gate open cause my turnip price is decent today. 200 Bells a pop. Please don't pilfer my town completely, as I need to do some harvesting. Feel free to take a fruit here or there, but be considerate of me and of other visitors. Thanks!

If anyone has a Harvest Bed, I desperately need. Would appreciate it for buy or trade. Let me know. My character will be idle at the gate, just cause I have to work from home today.

Marvie_3

Banned
Harvest Festival was awful. Took me 2 hours to get the full set and they turn out to be the ugliest things ever...

Also added thebigkahuna.

Anyone else add me that I might have missed? That way I can add you.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Opening up my gate.

Will check here periodically if someone needs to be added

I have cherries growing all over town, help yourself

ONE REQUEST:
Leaving some paper at the entrance, send a letter from my town hall to someone in town. Fortune teller lady says we'll have good luck.

Secondary request:
If anyone has the Lunar surface carpet, or lunar horizon wallpaper, bring it on over, i'll give you bells for it. Almost have the full set.

Also, it's snowing in my town now, if anyone wants to fish.

swerve

Ysiadmihi said:
Anyone plan on having their town open soon? I'd like to sell some apples to finish up the first donation milestone.

My town is open. Name is in Japanese so make something up.

FC is 5198-6031-1776

I'll add you right away.

It's snowing right now!

Also added Glute and Dr. Forrester.

Added swerve. I'm going to open the gate to Wildwood in a minute. I'll leave a golden shovel and an invitation to Redds if anyone needs it. I could use any kind of fruit besides cherries. Still looking for a coconut.

thebigkahuna | Sonny | Wildwood | 5370-3929-1751

RaidenZR

thebigkahuna said:
Added swerve. I'm going to open the gate to Wildwood in a minute. I'll leave a golden shovel and an invitation to Redds if anyone needs it. I could use any kind of fruit besides cherries. Still looking for a coconut.

I left ya some Oranges and pulled some weeds. :)
Someone left you coconuts! Nice!

Finally caught a tuna!

Still looking for peaches and pears if anyone has 'em. I have a bunch of stuff in my catalog from playing the DS, so I can always trade you stuff if I've got it. thebigkahuna's the only person I've visited so far!

UltimateIke | Brett | Pasadena | 0688 8824 0762

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Casvegas has every fruit but coconuts. So if anyone needs something let me know a time you'll be on tomorrow and i'll try to make sure we have what you need available and gate open.

Does anyone have coconuts by chance that we could have one?:D

Thanks for the oranges and coconuts Raiden and Marvie. As soon as the coconuts bear fruit I'll share with anyone in need. I still have a gold shovel and invitation to Redds for anyone that needs it.

vumpler

thebigkahuna said:
Thanks for the oranges and coconuts Raiden and Marvie. As soon as the coconuts bear fruit I'll share with anyone in need. I still have a gold shovel and invitation to Redds for anyone that needs it.
What's the invitation to Redd's? Sound interesting and my wife nor I have that yet.

vumpler said:
What's the invitation to Redd's? Sound interesting and my wife nor I have that yet.
The invitation is a members only letter to shop at Redds. You can't shop at his store without an invitation. To get one, knock on his door (the left-most part of the city). He'll tell you that you can't come in without an invite. Then return to your village and talk to the animals. One may tell you that he is a member and asks if you want to be one too. They will then mail you an invitation. Not sure if swerve wants the shovel or invitation or both. :) I'll let you know.

I have two of the invitations to Redd's if there aren't enough to go around. I think they have to be mailed to someone though or Redd won't recognize it in your inventory. You can mail letters to yourself, can't you? If not, I can send them over wi-fi too, right?

swerve

Mr. Kahuna, I just took the shovel. Thanks! If you need it back for some reason, let me know.

There's 1000 bells sitting outside your door. Looks like your town has been busy, from the messages on the board.

Marvie_3

Banned
UltimateIke said:
Finally caught a tuna!

Still looking for peaches and pears if anyone has 'em. I have a bunch of stuff in my catalog from playing the DS, so I can always trade you stuff if I've got it. thebigkahuna's the only person I've visited so far!

Added you. I've got some pears and peaches if you still need them. I've got all the fruit in my town. Out of coconuts right now but I've got a lot of trees so I just have to wait for them to grow fruit again.

Marvie_3 | Adam | HongKong | 2535-7112-4561

vumpler

thebigkahuna said:
The invitation is a members only letter to shop at Redds. You can't shop at his store without an invitation. To get one, knock on his door (the left-most part of the city). He'll tell you that you can't come in without an invite. Then return to your village and talk to the animals. One may tell you that he is a member and asks if you want to be one too. They will then mail you an invitation. Not sure if swerve wants the shovel or invitation or both. :) I'll let you know.
Didn't work for my wife or myself. We did just as you stated and asked everyone in town. My wife would love an invite (Cassie in Cassvegas) if anyone could mail her one...

Thanks in advance. We spend just over an hour trying to get it to work and couldn't :lol .

Hey bigkahuna and Ysiadmihi, I added both of you guys if you wanna add me! I'm doing some cleaning of the friends list, trying to weed out the non-hearts and get some actual town visiting going on. :)

vumpler said:
Didn't work for my wife or myself. We did just as you stated and asked everyone in town. My wife would love an invite (Cassie in Cassvegas) if anyone could mail her one...

Thanks in advance. We spend just over an hour trying to get it to work and couldn't :lol .
I'll send you the invite, though I don't think you've added me yet.

Added Bobbyconover and Ysiadmihi. Town's open. I'll be off and on between football watching and work.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
thebigkahuna said:
Added Bobbyconover and Ysiadmihi. Town's open. I'll be off and on between football watching and work.

I stopped by. At first I thought "Aw crap, I forgot to bring some apples" since they're my native fruit and then I saw you had more in your town than I do :lol

RaidenZR

Hey Swerve thanks a ton for letting me keep that fossil. It completed my T.Rex :)
Subsequently, I found a fossil in my town for completion of Igaunadon. Here's both in one shot!
i2u99u.jpg

Also, here's me changing Glute.belly (Lorenzo's) TV channels. MWA HA HA HA HA!
m9yfyx.jpg

Luigison

Thanks to everyone that visited while I was gone. Sorry the town didn't refresh. It's open now with an open Nook's and lots of fruit. I still need a mush bed, wall, and stool if anyone got any extras.

RaidenZR

Luigison said:
Thanks to everyone that visited while I was gone. Sorry the town didn't refresh. It's open now with an open Nook's and lots of fruit. I still need a mush bed, wall, and stool if anyone got any extras.

I definitely have a wall. I might have a bed... have to verify. I also got your Mahjong table, don't forget. I picked up a billiard table too in case you wanted that for the game room.

Does anyone have a Harvest Bed? It's the only Harvest piece I'm missing!

swerve said:
Who wants to give me 5000 bells? I need to buy the Arwing that's for sale at Nook's today.

AAAAAAAAAAARGH.

If it's only 5000 I can cover you. Open your gate so I can come explore!

I was running around in swerve's town hitting rocks to see if I could get money from them (still don't know if I can while visiting), and what did I find?

2gvomr9.jpg

Totally wasn't expecting it! Had lotsa fun running around with ya' swerve!

Marvie_3

Banned
Glute: I added you on my friend's list. I can swing by with a few coconuts tonight or tomorrow sometime if you want...

Hey Luigison, I've got a kitten here who wants to be reunited with her mommy in your town, if you feel like opening the gates at all! :)

Top Bottom