• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: City Folk

Luigison

bryehn said:
Anyone got an open Nook's today? I have pears, apples, oranges and some mushrooms (and a mush bed) to ditch.
If you still have that mush bed I'll pay you for it.

I have an extra mush chair. I'll be off and on today with my gate open or visiting since my nooks is closed.

Edit: I need to sell my turnips today or tomorrow since I'll be going out of town for Thanksgiving. I was going to check Candi's, but forgot and now she's not showing up. Anyone with a Nook's open please post his turnip prices. Thanks.

Deku

Banned
Added

Ironballs | Dahltin | Medina | 4940-8976-4007

Decom|Qeynos|2278-0153-2874

thebigkahuna1| Sonny| Wildwood| 5370-3929-1751

If you've added me and there's still no heart next to my name, please let me know and I'll make sure you're added.

Anyone have a town gate open? My nook's is closed today.

Ironballs

JoeFu said:
Hello! Just started playing this game, will most like not play much due to every other game coming out, but here's my info and I'll try to play whenever people come to my town. If you added me let me know!

JoeFu | Jonathan | Fuville | 2063-2757-4696 and I have pears!

Deku said:
Added

thebigkahuna1| Sonny| Wildwood| 5370-3929-1751

If you've added me and there's still no heart next to my name, please let me know and I'll make sure you're added.

Anyone have a town gate open? My nook's is closed today.

Added you both.

RaidenZR

Gonna do some friend code cleanup later on tonight after work. I'll notify whomever I add-in. Welcome to the party, new guys!

Deku

Banned
Kristua, I think you mentioned you had sent me a letter.

I've checked since last night and nothing's come up yet.

Deku

Banned
bmore, saw your town open after 5-6 attempts at searching i ran to grab my stuff, back and its off.

Was gate open since 6:30? didn't spot it till about 10 minutes ago (7:10~ EST)

yea i had it open at 7-ish, doing some tidying up and wifey wanted to play. she hasnt played yet...its just been me and my daughter. so i let her

RaidenZR

I added the following people:

JoeFu | Jonathan | Fuville | 2063-2757-4696

Deku, yeah I did send you a letter. Still not come?
And for anyone who wants to contribute to my Mushroom cause... on the lookout for TV and/or Stool.

Ironballs

RaidenZR said:
I added the following people:

JoeFu | Jonathan | Fuville | 2063-2757-4696

Deku, yeah I did send you a letter. Still not come?
And for anyone who wants to contribute to my Mushroom cause... on the lookout for TV and/or Stool.

Added.

Got a gate open and an Open Nook's for another hour, so add me. I'll be here checking for the next hour

RaidenZR

I think my post office is just funked. I sent Deku 2 letters now that he's yet to receive. Nothing I can do about it, man.

In other news, thanks for the Mush TV, Deku. And thanks for rocking my logo on your shirt! :D
hvzbjq.jpg

Also, I put this in the official thread, but it made me chuckle so I'm reposting here. Spork's the man and he wanted to let us know where Thanksgiving comes from.
2mfyuts.jpg

Luigison

Thanks for the Mush TV Anja. I ordered the Kiddie Wall and will send it to you when it arrives if I'm here. I also have an extra Mush Table and still need a Mush dresser, stool, and wall. I also want all the Mario stuff of course. Just got a slingshot today, but haven't seen any presents floating by. Anyone need the Mush Table or a Redd invite?

My Nook's has expanded and is now open. He's only paying 63 for turnips though. That sucks. I paid way too much for mine. (10 for 110 and 10 for 93.) Anyway, I'm opening my gate now. Apples are native so take all you want. If you take other fruit please leave an something besides apples.

I have at least three weeds in my town now and something is supposed to happen if a visitor picks three. The wording wasn't clear, but I think either that visitor or I will have better luck with finding stuff and/or money. Anyone else have a charm/fortune I could help with?

BTW, I'm leaving early tomorrow morning and will be gone the rest of the week so I need to sell my turnips today. Please post your Nook's prices and when your gate will be open. I think he might have a different price in the morning and afternoon, but I can't check yet.

Edit: I'm going to the DMV now so I won't be around my town, but I'll leave the gate open. Write a message on my bulletin board.

Luigison, I went to TMK to pick your weeds buy someone must have beat me to it. I have 3-4 weeds I left for someone if they want to try the fortune thing. Town's open now. I could use peaches and coconuts also.
thebigkahuna1
Sonny
Wildwood (cherries)
5370-3929-1751

Proven

JoeFu said:
Hello! Just started playing this game, will most like not play much due to every other game coming out, but here's my info and I'll try to play whenever people come to my town. If you added me let me know!

JoeFu | Jonathan | Fuville | 2063-2757-4696 and I have pears!

Adding to OP

swerve

Just arrived in my Japanese town. I'm good for unique seasonal presents!

5198-6031-1776 (town name is japanese - does that matter?)

Message me if you add me. Thanks.

Luigison

I don't see any more weed in TMK, but I'm not sure if multiple visitors picking them will work for the charm. Oh well. My town and the two others I check had turnip prices in the low fifties. Anyone have an open Nook's with higher prices? I've got to unload mine 20,000+ bells turnips tonight before I go out of town tomorrow.

Anja, I mailed the Kiddie Wall. I still have an extra Mush table if anyone needs it. I need a Mush Dresser, Stool, and Wall. I'll probably have to depend on others to get them since I'll be gone until late Sunday night. My gates open again. It's been open for nearly eight hours today. Thanks to everyone that left me fruit. I think I have as much fruit (except coconuts) that I need now.

RaidenZR

swerve said:
Just arrived in my Japanese town. I'm good for unique seasonal presents!

5198-6031-1776 (town name is japanese - does that matter?)

Message me if you add me. Thanks.

Oh, I will totally add you later.

This morning I finished the Mushroom Series with a few I picked up in my town at random. I will endeavor to help others finish off theirs now since I couldn't have done it without the generosity of members in this thread. Thanks.

Luigison

JoshuaJSlone said:
Ha. I think I got 2 of Luigison's weeds, but I didn't have a larger goal in mind other than that I just ran into them.
No problem. I'll be gone five days this week and I'm sure that's plenty of time to get more weeds. Though if they are not pulled Sunday night I expect there will be a new charm for December.

Anyone have a Nook's open and a good turnip price? If so please open your gate. Thanks.

I've had my gate open almost all day and my town has had all the fruit wiped out. That's fine since it's why I opened the gate in the first place. I got so many fruit from people the last couple of days and have planted most of them to the point that I have too many trees for my environment. Anyone have an extra axe? Is it possible to tell which trees will have fruit and which will not? Does it matter what kind of trees are in the town as far as the environment is concerned? I'm think about cutting down all the nonfruit trees including the spruce or whatever the pines are called and replacing them with fruit and/or coconut trees eventually.

If anyone needs anything let us know so we can all be on the lookout for the item(s).+

Edit: I saw some present float by the first day, but haven't seen any since I got a sling shot. Do they come on a schedule?

Just added :
Ironballs | Dahltia |Medina | 4940-8976-4007
Joefu | Jonathon | Fuville | 2063-2757_4696
Gimz | Gim | 663a | 5069-7465-0459
Marvie_3 | Adam | HongKong | 2535-7112-4561

Gates open.
Sorry Luigison, Nook's buying at 59 in my town.

thebigkahuna1
Sonny
Wildwood (cherries)
5370-3929-1751

Luigison

I sold my turnips in Rezz's town so I'm opening my gate now. I'm also leaving thinks at the gate for anyone to pick up. There's a slingshot if anyone needs it. Post in my bullition board if you want. See ya.

Sorry Luigison, I thought I could buy flowers to plant at your Nook's but he was out. I went to check my store but someone must have bought them today. I will plant them tomorrow if your town is open (unless someone else has flowers I can buy tonight?). Thanks for the slingshot and shovel.

I don't have enough people on my friend's list who are hearted/active. If anyone else plays often please add me (PM me) and I'll do the same.

thebigkahuna1
Sonny
Wildwood (cherries)
5370-3929-1751

Luigison

I'll be gone for the next five days, but I'm gonna try to leave my gate open as long as it doesn't have an error. I left some stuff by the gate. If you take something please leave something for someone else. My bulletin board is close to my gate so leave a message if you have time.

If you come across and extra mush dresser, stool, or wall please save it for me. I have an extra mush table if anyone still needs it.

Deku

Banned
RaidenZR said:
What is that, exactly?

I think it downloads the character data to the DS which allows players to upload to another Wii but not through Wifi

I sent you a 'test' mail from my town yesterday, did you receive it?

Seems like the town to town mail server is really bonked.

Aponi

Hey All,

Bad timing to be posting my friend code as I leave to go out of town to visit Impirius's family tomorrow-Sat, but figured I'd go ahead and post it before I forget.

Aponi | Wampler | 3094-0660-4033

Native fruit is pears and we've got one coconut tree. The fishing's pretty decent though!

RaidenZR

Deku said:
I think it downloads the character data to the DS which allows players to upload to another Wii but not through Wifi

I sent you a 'test' mail from my town yesterday, did you receive it?

Seems like the town to town mail server is really bonked.

Sure did. thanks! :)

swerve

RaidenZR said:
Oh, I will totally add you later.

This morning I finished the Mushroom Series with a few I picked up in my town at random. I will endeavor to help others finish off theirs now since I couldn't have done it without the generosity of members in this thread. Thanks.

I added you.

UltimateIke | Brett | Pasadena | 0688 8824 0762

I'd like to hang out in somebody else's town. Mine's boring when I'm all alone. I've got apples if anybody needs them, and I need peaches, pears, and oranges.

I have little else to give but friendship. :D

UltimateIke said:
Added. I don't have too much stuff yet either. I have cherries and apples. I'm growing everything else except coconuts. I leave my gate open almost everyday. Feel free to stop by as much as you want.
thebigkahuna | Sonny | Wildwood | 5370-3929-1751

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
thebigkahuna said:
Added. I don't have too much stuff yet either. I have cherries and apples. I'm growing everything else except coconuts. I leave my gate open almost everyday. Feel free to stop by as much as you want.
thebigkahuna | Sonny | Wildwood | 5370-3929-1751
Add my wife :D We're in the OP.

Deku

Banned
Luigison seems to have left his town open overnight and his Nooks remains closed even on normal open hours and his town may not have updated?

Perhaps this is a game feature that players have to close off gate every day for game to update and nooks to reopen.

I visited him 7pm his time and Nooks was closed and door sign actually says open 7am to 1am so it should have been open when I went to visit his town.

Proven

Aponi said:
Hey All,

Bad timing to be posting my friend code as I leave to go out of town to visit Impirius's family tomorrow-Sat, but figured I'd go ahead and post it before I forget.

Aponi | Wampler | 3094-0660-4033

Native fruit is pears and we've got one coconut tree. The fishing's pretty decent though!
UltimateIke said:

I'd like to hang out in somebody else's town. Mine's boring when I'm all alone. I've got apples if anybody needs them, and I need peaches, pears, and oranges.

I have little else to give but friendship. :D

Adding to the OP..

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Guys where do you buy turnips? I want to play the stalk market :D

I've watched the prices pretty good this week and get an idea the range of fluctuation. Do you guys ever see it go below 60 bells? What's the Highest you've seen?

Final question: I remember reading from someone on here that turnips can only be sold up until some day of the week. What is the turnip cycle?

You can buy red and white turnips from Joan every Sunday (she will be wandering around town). You can only buy one red turnip. You bury and water it every day and sell it at Nooks for 15,000. White turnips have to be sold by Saturday or they'll go bad. I haven't been checking his prices this week since I didn't buy from Joan.

Town's open. I left an extra slingshot at the entrance if anyone needs it. How do you use it though? Do you push up on the D-Pad and wait until a balloon passes or do you just randomly see a balloon pass by while playing? I have yet to see one.

Baconbitz

Banned
thebigkahuna said:
Town's open. I left an extra slingshot at the entrance if anyone needs it. How do you use it though? Do you push up on the D-Pad and wait until a balloon passes or do you just randomly see a balloon pass by while playing? I have yet to see one.
You wait till you see a random one. Pull out the slingshot and shoot at the balloon.

Not related but, on topic: Does anyone have coconuts?

Proven

Baconbitz said:
You wait till you see a random one. Pull out the slingshot and shoot at the balloon.

Not related but, on topic: Does anyone have coconuts?

I'm growing four or five coconut trees now, and already gave out two so far, so don't worry. Soon everyone will have coconuts.

Also, in Wild World red turnips were used for trade quests that would get you about 10 different rare items.

One final tip, Joan appears on Sundays, but only in the morning. Once the day hits noon, she leaves, which is why despite this game coming out two Sundays ago, we're only doing the market this week.

Baconbitz

Banned
I'm not sure what I should do. I have the Turkey Franklin in my town. Should I deliver them to who Tortimer asks me to give them to or do I give them to the turkey?

RaidenZR

Baconbitz said:
I'm not sure what I should do. I have the Turkey Franklin in my town. Should I deliver them to who Tortimer asks me to give them to or do I give them to the turkey?

If you want Harvest Furniture, give them to the Turkey. It's the only way to get that series.

Speaking of, in the past hour I managed to get a crapload of doubles of the Harvest Series stuff, but I'm missing the following:

Harvest Bed
Harvest Bureau
Harvest Lamp

For some reason Franklin just wouldn't cough those up no matter how many utensils I gave him. I'm tired of playing hide and seek with him, so I'm done now. I'd love to trade with someone for those anytime this weekend.

RaidenZR

Baconbitz said:
What does helping Tortimer do? Do you get anything for that?

I didn't. I'm guessing animals might just give you the usual stuff they tend to like when you help them out on normal days. No idea, though. The substantial thing about today seems to deal with Franklin, so that's who I helped. It's been a while since the GCN version so I don't even remember if it's any different now. At some point Tortimer will just get senile and keep giving them to you anyways, so go ahead and try one on an animal friend. Let us know.

Now I'm off to stuff myself for reals.

HAPPY HARVEST-ING DAY EVERYONE!

Top Bottom