• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing Mafia |OT| - Making Animal Friends Is Awesome!

squidyj

I'm just pointing fingers at Ezekel. At least I'm staying consistent. You're honestly suspicious as hell Squidy. At this point I've only kept off it to see if you lived another day.

Maybe I'm cutting a little close? You and Eze followed the same patterns for evicts in the last day, which almost fucked us hard. Seemingly knew Ouro was gonna hop votes. Yet said or did nothing. Just a comment at the end which had no motivation other than to earn rapport with the town. Ew.

haly, myself, ezekal, yeah, you're just firing on all cylinders there and your arguments have been as thin as air, I pushed hard to get ouro evicted but was willing to let him slip out by hopping votes because I'm apparently completely retarded. You obviously won't believe me but when I saw that Ouro was his own deciding vote I knew that couldn't stand but the problem fixed itself before I said anything so I didn't say anything. You haven't stated anything damning about ezekal either, no forcing errors, no pressure, no logic. Your accusations and argumentation actually have the effect of making me think ezekal is more town.

RetroMG

I realize that no one who definitely knows the answer to this question will give a straight answer, but I'm going to ask it anyway.

Did the HHA players know the identity of the Hidden Partner before he was activated?

Assuming he has been activated and, in fact, exists.

I realize that no one who definitely knows the answer to this question will give a straight answer, but I'm going to ask it anyway.

Did the HHA players know the identity of the Hidden Partner before he was activated?

Assuming he has been activated and, in fact, exists.

They didnt know him, but he knew them.

Kevyt

Nothing against you! You are loved, but we need to give the game its space. We'll talk in the dead thread!

Anarchy!!

Revolution!!!

Coup D'etat

Overthrow: Karkador

Walking-dead-governor-shooting-gif.gif

Darryl

Banned
haly, myself, ezekal, yeah, you're just firing on all cylinders there and your arguments have been as thin as air, I pushed hard to get ouro evicted but was willing to let him slip out by hopping votes because I'm apparently completely retarded. You obviously won't believe me but when I saw that Ouro was his own deciding vote I knew that couldn't stand but the problem fixed itself before I said anything so I didn't say anything. You haven't stated anything damning about ezekal either, no forcing errors, no pressure, no logic. Your accusations and argumentation actually have the effect of making me think ezekal is more town.

You could take virtually anything you've said about me and argue it back at yourself and it fits just fine. Calling out a lot of people? I mean do you not know how far you've spread yourself? You've been all over the place just this turn. Presenting flimsy logic? I think the idea that the HHA worked together to keep Ouro alive another turn is strong and trying to figure out who did it is incredibly reasonable.

You've been the most gut-arguing poster this game. Fixating on emotions and outrage. And at this point, it's starting to look very damning. Me trying to put people like Haly (now town) in the hot seat was just fine but now that Eze is up there, it is unwelcome.

Here is some forcing: Explain to me why you believe the HHA did not rig Ouros eviction in their favor. Because to me it seems blatant that they atempted.

RetroMG

Hey Nin, do me a favor. I need you to confirm the following things from the Gossip Chat for the wider world.

1. Foshy was the Gossip, who I later replaced.
2. Foshy invited Ourobolus into the chat, and their first conversation was on 5/22, which was during night 2.
3. During this, they discussed how they both found Nin1000 suspicious, but agreed to let him come into the chat anyway, since "He probably couldn't get any info out of them."
4. You arrived in the chat on 6/11, which was during night 5.

squidyj

You could take virtually anything you've said about me and argue it back at yourself and it fits just fine. Calling out a lot of people? I mean do you not know how far you've spread yourself? You've been all over the place just this turn. Presenting flimsy logic? I think the idea that the HHA worked together to keep Ouro alive another turn is strong and trying to figure out who did it is incredibly reasonable.

You've been the most gut-arguing poster this game. Fixating on emotions and outrage. And at this point, it's starting to look very damning. Me trying to put people like Haly (now town) in the hot seat was just fine but now that Eze is up there, it is unwelcome.

Here is some forcing: Explain to me why you believe the HHA did not rig Ouros eviction in their favor. Because to me it seems blatant that they atempted.

I think you'll need to be a little more clear about 'rigging the vote in their favour' because that is a fairly vague accusation. In what way were they able to benefit from the vote? how did they intend to realize this benefit?

This turn I've put most of my mafia suspicion on nin but advocated that the best strategy for town would be to lynch franconp and ultron, to a lesser extent I found you suspicious, and I had a brain fart where I forgot you existed and postulated a hypothetical situation where retrogamer seemed like the best target out of a group of three.

You say I'm fixating on emotions and outrage, I'd like you to substantiate that claim and furthermore tell me how my behaviour makes me suspicious. What is mafia-sided about what I've done in this game so far? what is the thread of logic behind my behaviour? Who am I mafia with?

nin1000

Banned
Hey Nin, do me a favor. I need you to confirm the following things from the Gossip Chat for the wider world.

1. Foshy was the Gossip, who I later replaced.
2. Foshy invited Ourobolus into the chat, and their first conversation was on 5/22, which was during night 2.
3. During this, they discussed how they both found Nin1000 suspicious, but agreed to let him come into the chat anyway, since "He probably couldn't get any info out of them."
4. You arrived in the chat on 6/11, which was during night 5.

Yep, all of the above is true. I can confirm that. Everyone in that chat claimed to be town aswell.

franconp

I'm going to bed and don't think I will have the chance to post tomorrow.

I just want to say I'm getting soooo frustrated with this game.

Squidyj as me why I shouldn't be evicted and when I give him the reasons why it would be beneficial to town to keep me one more turn don't answer and avoid the comment.

I say why is obvious that Ultron is the other nephew, several think the same as me but still decide to follow his lead and evict us.

When I ask if anyone really thinks that there could be 2 HHAs in the same spot nobody answer.

ultron87

No one thinks there are two HHA in the same spot.

If it helps anyone believe I hinted at my real role name, Troublemaker, in my first post on Day 1.

Darryl

Banned
I think you'll need to be a little more clear about 'rigging the vote in their favour' because that is a fairly vague accusation. In what way were they able to benefit from the vote? how did they intend to realize this benefit?

This turn I've put most of my mafia suspicion on nin but advocated that the best strategy for town would be to lynch franconp and ultron, to a lesser extent I found you suspicious, and I had a brain fart where I forgot you existed and postulated a hypothetical situation where retrogamer seemed like the best target out of a group of three.

You say I'm fixating on emotions and outrage, I'd like you to substantiate that claim and furthermore tell me how my behaviour makes me suspicious. What is mafia-sided about what I've done in this game so far? what is the thread of logic behind my behaviour? Who am I mafia with?

They weren't able to realize the benefit because Kingkitty intervened and changed votes at the last minute. Had it not been for him, Ouro was enabled to change his own vote and the night would've ended with Kingkitty and a No Evict. Giving HHA two consecutive night evicts to set the game up while we scrambled to re-evict. Were you blind to this? since we were all on high alerts for vote tampering. You and Eze enabled this opportunity together, and funny enough you two are hopping right on each other now that I've called you out.

You resort to calling my arguments shallow. I'd like anyone interested to look back to Squidy calling for the eviction of Ourobolus. A substantial argument was that he just "felt like HHA".

Alongside the numerous contradictions in your arguments, like calling the eviction of Eze "worrying" that I would evict an active player. When you have personally called for most active players for evicition. Kingkitty, Haly, Ouro. Why is Eze the only active player that it would be worrying if we evicted? .

squidyj

They weren't able to realize the benefit because Kingkitty intervened and changed votes at the last minute. Had it not been for him, Ouro was enabled to change his own vote and the night would've ended with Kingkitty and a No Evict. Giving HHA two consecutive night evicts to set the game up while we scrambled to re-evict. Were you blind to this? since we were all on high alerts for vote tampering. You and Eze enabled this opportunity together, and funny enough you two are hopping right on each other now that I've called you out.

You resort to calling my arguments shallow. I'd like anyone interested to look back to Squidy calling for the eviction of Ourobolus. A substantial argument was that he just "felt like HHA".

Alongside the numerous contradictions in your arguments, like calling the eviction of Eze "worrying" that I would evict an active player. When you have personally called for most active players for evicition. Kingkitty, Haly, Ouro. Why is Eze the only active player that it would be worrying if we evicted? .

okay so im thinking now that you're ust willfully setting this up and trying to cast as much mud on me as you can right now. If you were an engaged town you'd understand the logic behind a kingkitty/haly lynch before the roleclaim, but if you're just mafia trying to throw mud you'll bring it up and hope town is too dumb to put 2 and 2 together.

Darryl

Banned
okay so im thinking now that you're ust willfully setting this up and trying to cast as much mud on me as you can right now. If you were an engaged town you'd understand the logic behind a kingkitty/haly lynch before the roleclaim, but if you're just mafia trying to throw mud you'll bring it up and hope town is too dumb to put 2 and 2 together.

you knew that I wanted Haly out. you literally posted about my suspicions towards Haly during this argument. you are just deflecting now. all your arguments don't add up. you're trying to win the crowd and not get to the bottom of this. there's no other way to read that last line other than an appeal to the town's emotions. "this guy thinks you're all stupid!". absolutely ridiculous, squidyj.

squidyj

following the plan of the 2 most likely HHA? I was pretty sure I laid out the potential outcomes of lynching roomies today and pushed for that action. If you disagree with MY analysis then please go ahead and argue it, I would particularly like to hear the argument as to why lynching nin would make better strategic sense for town even though I agree that he is likely mafia.

I already said it.

Don't you think Ultron is the other nephew? For me it's pretty obvious.

If you agree with me regarding Ultron, do you really think Kark would put 2 HHA (most likely half the team) in the same spot? It would be an easy win for town, it would be a game breaking mistake.

It doesn't make sense.

I think we should evict Nin because if he is HHA it's a win in the next turn (if there are only for HHA) and if he is not we reduce the number of unconfirmed players by one. I have one more turn to find the lost partner and If I don't find him you can evict me and have another one confirmed.

I think you are town because of the Ouro vote. Let's say we evict Nin this phase and I investigate Ezekel or Darryl (as Toma and Retrogamer already have their roles checked, my investigation it may not be so efective with them). If I find something weird with one of them it's good as we could get another eviction and the almost sure win. If I just find an Ordinary Villager you can evict me and prove that all the ones I investigated are town so you would have only one player with an unconfirmed role, who will be most likely the lost partner.

So, unless Toma or Retrogamer are HHA with the same role as townies, we could be winning the game in the next 2 turns.[/QUOTE]

Alright If you are town we have Darryl, Ezekal, Retro, and Tom that haven't been checked with retro and tom claiming roles and generally having their abilities confirmed. This suggests that investigating one of Darryl or Ezekal should return a suspicious role name. So in the case that we lynch nin today and he's HHA. we go to 7-2 and you investigate one and we lynch based on that investigation. If we don't get a mafia there, we drop to 5-2 and we absolutely must lynch you and ultron because at which point you will have proven yourself to be HHA (in this hypothetical), so we would likely drop to 3-1, of which timeaisis is the most likely HHA member.

In the unlikely event that nin is not HHA we go to 6-3 and if you are hha and you lead us in the wrong lynch we go to 4-3 the next day and we have to find every other mafia before we lynch you in order to win the game. I think this is unlikely mostly because i'm fairly convinced of Nin being mafia.

I think it might work. My major concern right now as town is protecting ourselves from you being HHA and feeding us misinformation so I want to avoid any situation where you could set us up to lose the game which is a major reason why I proposed lynching roomies today and gave my analysis. I'm hoping other players can chime in on this if there's something I've missed here.

RetroMG

So I was re-reading the Gossip Thread tonight, and had a few thoughts. I had Nin confirm a few facts in the thread ahead of time so that this wasn't just me spitting into the dark. Ultimately, I think I can make a good case that I'm not HHA, and I think there's a possibility that Nin isn't either. (My intention was to try and prove Nin's innocence, but I don't think I have quite a strong enough case.)

-Foshy, the creator of my Gossip group, invited Ourobolus to the group first, on Day 2.

If Foshy (who is now Retro) is HHA, why would he start by inviting Ourobolus to the thread? The Mafia already have a discussion board. It's not like they need a place to chat. If he were Mafia, it would have been smarter to start with Nin, so that he could work on getting Nin on his side. Result: Foshy/Retro is not HHA

-Foshy and Ouro immediately discussed how they suspected Nin to be HHA.

So I can see why Foshy would do this, because he doesn't know better. But why would Ouro go along with it if Nin is also HHA? At the very least, he would suggest an alternate candidate. But he didn't. Result: Nin is (probably) not HHA.

squidyj

So I was re-reading the Gossip Thread tonight, and had a few thoughts. I had Nin confirm a few facts in the thread ahead of time so that this wasn't just me spitting into the dark. Ultimately, I think I can make a good case that I'm not HHA, and I think there's a possibility that Nin isn't either. (My intention was to try and prove Nin's innocence, but I don't think I have quite a strong enough case.)

-Foshy, the creator of my Gossip group, invited Ourobolus to the group first, on Day 2.

If Foshy (who is now Retro) is HHA, why would he start by inviting Ourobolus to the thread? The Mafia already have a discussion board. It's not like they need a place to chat. If he were Mafia, it would have been smarter to start with Nin, so that he could work on getting Nin on his side. Result: Foshy/Retro is not HHA

-Foshy and Ouro immediately discussed how they suspected Nin to be HHA.

So I can see why Foshy would do this, because he doesn't know better. But why would Ouro go along with it if Nin is also HHA? At the very least, he would suggest an alternate candidate. But he didn't. Result: Nin is (probably) not HHA.

could you remind me who all was invited to your gossip girl group?

RetroMG

There is one flaw in my argument about Nin. If we were only talking about Mafia who started the game, he'd be in the clear, but since there is supposedly a hidden partner who came in later in the game, it is possible that Ouro didn't know about him ahead of time.

Sorry, Nin. I got excited when I realized that Ouro suspecting you didn't make sense, but there is an explanation that could cover it.

RetroMG

One more thing and I'll shut up. (At least for a while. Got a History test to take.) Can someone point or explain where the Lost/Hidden Partner idea came from? I believe it, but I've been phrasing it speculatively since I don't know where we got that info.

squidyj

One more thing and I'll shut up. (At least for a while. Got a History test to take.) Can someone point or explain where the Lost/Hidden Partner idea came from? I believe it, but I've been phrasing it speculatively since I don't know where we got that info.

The PMs ouro and hobo got from kark mentioned it.

I'm just pointing fingers at Ezekel. At least I'm staying consistent. You're honestly suspicious as hell Squidy. At this point I've only kept off it to see if you lived another day.

Maybe I'm cutting a little close? You and Eze followed the same patterns for evicts in the last day, which almost fucked us hard. Seemingly knew Ouro was gonna hop votes. Yet said or did nothing. Just a comment at the end which had no motivation other than to earn rapport with the town. Ew.
The part about you being consistent on me isn't true at all. You were heavy on Haly

I've been absolutely pissed at this game that people just sat by and overlooked haly, kalor, the 3 replacements, etc. No roomie evicts. I've been basically ignored this entire game. I want Haly gone. He is my #1 target by a long shot. That's my last will. You can evict both of us.

What voting patterns did we both follow?

As far as arguments without merit, I explained how/why I voted for KK. You are the one that seems to just be throwing accusations without backing them up much. Even Haly called you out on it.
Come off it. You've never once made a compelling argument in this thread, and your "suspicions" are fueled purely by how much beef you have with this or that poster. This is why you're being ignored and why I'm ignoring you. Your "accusations" are so flimsy as to be not worth my time addressing.

When Haly called you out, you didn't even bother to respond to him.

there were obviously 3+(?) HHA members acting in coordination to fuck the votes and lead to a KK/No evict.
I specifically said to vote for Ouro/KK. So where was it that I was trying to force a KK/No Evict vote?
yep, vote ouro/king

Instead of sayin he is town, just does a runaround.

1. You wanted Haly out and I locked on to KK. So whatever theory you have about vote rigging, would've applied to you if your vote for haly gained traction. You were never for voting No Evict.
pushing for a no-evict is stupid. fall back on the roomies at worst.
So we both wouldve been wrong and got a townie lynched.

2. How can you accuse both of us of working together, then point to the fact that we are defending ourselves as a negative?

there were obviously 3+(?) HHA members acting in coordination to fuck the votes and lead to a KK/No evict.

Ouro and KK weren't that active. Think KK's activity was from the most part from responding to me. Haly was very active at first, but since the Hippie voting, he post a lot less compared to earlier in the game. He even admitted to that fact the last day phase, due to frustration and things.

Darryl

Banned
I honestly don't see anything convincing in your message whatsoever. A lot of it is just wrong. Like that post from Haly was her deflecting criticism. She wasn't calling me out, and I actually did respond. Anyone can verify that. So at this point, it sounds to me like you two are blatantly piling onto me. With lies. What gives?

I honestly don't see anything convincing in your message whatsoever. A lot of it is just wrong. Like that post from Haly was her deflecting criticism. She wasn't calling me out, and I actually did respond. Anyone can verify that. So at this point, it sounds to me like you two are blatantly piling onto me. With lies. What gives?

My bad, skipped over that post. You say you saw a voting pattern with us, what is it?
You said I was part of a scheme to vote KK/No evict, where is it? Again you are complaining about us responding to you, when you are saying we are working together.

Uh

So I just realised

franconp investigated Timeaisis night 2 right?

Then night 3 was the no evict night?

Hmm

The only thing throwing me off from this is that if Timeaisis was the hidden player, the way that unfolded was a very very risky move (for those that can't be bothered going back and looking, after franconp claimed to investigate Time night 2 on day 3, Time challenged him to reveal his role name, as he'd said what it was in the private chat so Razmos could corroborate - ordinary villager would be the most obvious option, but had Timeaisis said anything else that would've fucked the entire plan).

Gah. Confusing.

nin1000

Banned
There is one flaw in my argument about Nin. If we were only talking about Mafia who started the game, he'd be in the clear, but since there is supposedly a hidden partner who came in later in the game, it is possible that Ouro didn't know about him ahead of time.

Sorry, Nin. I got excited when I realized that Ouro suspecting you didn't make sense, but there is an explanation that could cover it.

Thanks for trying though :)
I doubt that those players that think that I am 100% HHA will change their minds, but at least you mentioned the possibility that I could indeed be a town player. Don't forget to hold that against them if I get evicted and they play it like 'well it was his fault for acting that sfupid' or 'well better for us now since we have one less player who acts dumb'

nin1000

Banned
I think me and franconp are a two for one deal at this point. Why would he clear me if he was mafia? Unless he was trying to gain the towns trust (which doesn't really make sense since none of you know whether or not I'm town to begin with)?

That being said, I think fran is town.

I guess for me, top town would be:
Fran - I was hesitant at first, but he's been consistent.
RNH - No reason to suspect. Helpful this game.
Razmos - I have no reason to suspect him

Don't really have any top mafia, but I'm suspect of toma and Ultron.

Could you please give us some more thoughts into the remaining players since we are only 11 players left and you gave up on posting.
I still have a strange feeling towards you since I know you far better from last game.

Razmos

Don't forget to hold that against them if I get evicted and they play it like 'well it was his fault for acting that sfupid' or 'well better for us now since we have one less player who acts dumb'
Yeah because it would totally be our bad, and not you misleading us through your actions.
We wouldn't be suspicious of you if you weren't so suspicious.

Also whats with the sudden spike in activity from you anyway? You seem strangely active this day phase. Starting to panic?

nin1000

Banned
More like, having holidays :)
I don't panic since I want to move this game forward if I get evicted because of that, so be it, at least I had some fun. Even with you on my team 😘

Timeaisis

Uh

So I just realised

franconp investigated Timeaisis night 2 right?

Then night 3 was the no evict night?

Hmm

The only thing throwing me off from this is that if Timeaisis was the hidden player, the way that unfolded was a very very risky move (for those that can't be bothered going back and looking, after franconp claimed to investigate Time night 2 on day 3, Time challenged him to reveal his role name, as he'd said what it was in the private chat so Razmos could corroborate - ordinary villager would be the most obvious option, but had Timeaisis said anything else that would've fucked the entire plan).

Gah. Confusing.

Are you implying that I'm the hidden partner? I mean, I suppose it almost makes sense to think that, but I feel like the way that my roleclaim unfolded rules that out...as you said. Remember the mafia cannot communicate with the hidden partner before he becomes mafia.

Are you implying that I'm the hidden partner? I mean, I suppose it almost makes sense to think that, but I feel like the way that my roleclaim unfolded rules that out...as you said. Remember the mafia cannot communicate with the hidden partner before he becomes mafia.

That's exactly what I'm implying

And you know what, I'm not sure it does

If franconp had guessed wrong, that's a huge level of protection for you

The HHA would already know you're the secret partner, so you'd still be brought into the fold, and they'd effectively lost no-one and evicted a town and you'd seem hella trustworthy

And I mean, what would be the use of a HHA investigator this game other than to find the secret partner? It's not like last game where there was ultron's really anti-mafia role, the best we have are the light sleepers. Who would've narrowed the choices down to...6 people. Having an HHA investigator effectively gives them two shots to find the secret partner each turn, which seems way more useful for them than being able to find out that there are 2 roles called light sleepers and also a mayor and also some gossips.

Like, it's possible that I've gone down the rabbit hole into insanity, but you know.

We'll see next day phase

ultron87

So by my count it's 5 for me, 1 for Nin, and 5 no voters.

That many no shows does make me nervous that some nonsense is going to go down.

RetroMG

So by my count it's 5 for me, 1 for Nin, and 5 no voters.

That many no shows does make me nervous that some nonsense is going to go down.

A couple of people have commented that they are waiting to see if more information comes up before making the final decision. I was one of them, but I've gone ahead and cast my vote.

I thought long and hard last night about whether or not to evict the Roomies. Fran raises a good point - If Ultron is HHA, he's effectively a lame duck. Many of the remaining players don't trust him, and his ability is spent. Keeping Francorp alive to continue investigating would make a lot of sense.

The unfortunate side of this is that Fran's loyalty has also been called into question, and while he's not under as much suspicion as Ultron, there's been enough suspicion that his findings are called into question as well. (He found Hobohodo, but some argue that he sacrificed Hobo in order to boost his own standing and prove his ability.) We could keep Fran alive, but there's just enough doubt surrounding him that we would have to question the validity of whatever he came up with.

Personally, I believe that Fran is town, and Ultron is HHA. But the only way we can know for sure is to evict them.

Razmos

I doubt anything is going to change in the next couple of hours, so:
VOTE: Ultron87

I would vote for Nin but it would be a wasted vote right now. If more people voted for him I would consider it.

Razmos

In fact I kind it weird that Ultron is pushing people to vote when he has the vast majority of votes anyway. What benefit do we gain from ending the day early?

I don't see there being any vote shenanigans or the result really changing at this point, but won't push the day to an early finish.

With the generic names, such as Light Sleeper, I could have seen HHA leaving an investigator there since you can argue they could go either way, but the HHA so far obviously had the different kinda names.

If they both end up being Town, I guess they're just being left there so HHA could take out 2 people in one sweep, or leave us to take out 2 Town with the vote, then a third in the night, which could happen now!

Hopefully Ultron will be HHA, Fran will be town so we can trust (more or less, apart from any hidden role) those he's said roles for.

Timeaisis

That's exactly what I'm implying

And you know what, I'm not sure it does

If franconp had guessed wrong, that's a huge level of protection for you

The HHA would already know you're the secret partner, so you'd still be brought into the fold, and they'd effectively lost no-one and evicted a town and you'd seem hella trustworthy

And I mean, what would be the use of a HHA investigator this game other than to find the secret partner? It's not like last game where there was ultron's really anti-mafia role, the best we have are the light sleepers. Who would've narrowed the choices down to...6 people. Having an HHA investigator effectively gives them two shots to find the secret partner each turn, which seems way more useful for them than being able to find out that there are 2 roles called light sleepers and also a mayor and also some gossips.

Like, it's possible that I've gone down the rabbit hole into insanity, but you know.

We'll see next day phase

Ah, I see what you mean. I suppose that makes sense. I do know I am a regular villager, though. But I can understand the suspicion there. Evicting fran would absolutely answer a lot of questions for us. If he ends up as mafia I realize I am likely screwed the next phase. But if we get a mafia out of it, probably worth the cost.

VOTE: Ultron

Here we go.

ultron87

After my town alignment is revealed to show my advice is trustworthy I implore everyone to go back and look at what each of the HHA have posted in the thread and who they've aligned themselves (both openly and without actually saying so). Context is a wonderful thing and you're going to have a ton of it after Franconp is revealed as HHA.

Top Bottom