• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing Mafia |OT| - Making Animal Friends Is Awesome!

franconp

These numbers are precisely why the scenario where you're the town investigator, I'm HHA, and we're still alive is completely preposterous.

I said it before, I think it's just you and Nin1000 left so if you tried to evict us that would only mean HHA would lose this turn. You are just buying time forcing us to evict you during a day phase.

ultron87

What are you trying to say ? that it is almost unbelievable that you are still alive ?

In the scenario where Franconp is the Town Investigator and I'm HHA yes. There is no way we'd still be alive. I have no remaining value to the game and he'd be the most dangerous role the town has left.

In reality, where I'm the Town Troublemaker and Franconp is an HHA Investigator is makes tons of sense that we're still alive. Which is why we shouldn't make it to another night.

ultron87

I said it before, I think it's just you and Nin1000 left so if you tried to evict us that would only mean HHA would lose this turn. You are just buying time forcing us to evict you during a day phase.

Why would I be arguing to kill us right now if that's the situation we're in?

ultron87

I'd be going for literally anyone else if we're down to scenario of it being me and Nin left with our two shattered reputations.

nin1000

Banned
To buy Nin1000 a turn. I think that why you are pushing for evicting us at a day phase. You get your partner an extra turn and buy time.
So you think that only 2 mafia members, ultron and myself, are left and indeed working together? Where did you get that idea?

squidyj

So we've got 26 more hours to go and 2 votes on ultron, one of them by ultron. I suggest town members start voting soon as we don't want any shenanigans at the last minute.

nin1000

Banned
So we've got 26 more hours to go and 2 votes on ultron, one of them by ultron. I suggest town members start voting soon as we don't want any shenanigans at the last minute.

Well, evicting the roomies has been on the to do list for far too long.
Vote: Ultron87

I think now is probably the safest time to get rid of the double house. We're 2 HHA down, and there are 11 of us left. As I've said before, I reckon we've got 2 left (based on how the last game had 27 people and had 4 mafia who were in it from the start), so tomorrow it'll be one of the following -

1 V, 1 HHA = 8 vs 1
2V = 7 vs 2
2 HHA = we win

7 vs 2 is still good odds. Plus we'll know that me and Timeaisis (and anyone else I've forgotten) are definitely in the clear.

Now, I'm more of the thought that franconp is an HHA investigator. It's a good role to come out with early on as an HHA as there's no threat that you'll get killed overnight (unless there's a third party, but either we don't have one or they are terrible at picking targets). It also allows you to cover for other HHA. So if he does turn out to be HHA, I am going straight for Timeaisis.

Still, no point splitting the vote and causing a possible tie, so:

VOTE: ultron87

Oh, also, franconp, despite thinking ultron is definitely HHA, is pushing for nin. Meanwhile the supposed HHA ultron is pushing for himself to cover for nin? Which seems utterly ludicrous.

RetroMG

Eeesh, you three. Starting to wish Ultron still had his double evict so we could throw all of you out.

Also in the night phase I can investigate one of the four people that still we don't for certain what his role is (Tomakasatnav, EzekelRage, Retrogamer and Darrryl), that's a 25% chance of finding an HHA (50% if there are 3 HHA left). It's the bigger chance to find an HHA that we have.

Again, my role is confirmed. Both Ouro and Nin were in my chat, and both have independently commented on it. I am a gossip. If you're somehow suggesting that Ouro, Nin, and I are all mafia and are all in the same chat, let me ask - Why? The Mafia already have their own chat room. Why would we go to such lengths?

Razmos

Saving my vote for now, but I'll probably vote Ultron as well.

I think it's quite clear that one of the roomies is HHA, but there's no point arguing about which one since they'll both be going anyway.

ultron87

Admittedly this will be super embarrassing if we're both town. But HHA leaving the investigator and another townie alive since Day 2 (when the role claim happened) just for the purpose of us eventually voting ourselves out seems too crazy a situation to consider.

Razmos

Admittedly this will be super embarrassing if we're both town. But HHA leaving the investigator and another townie alive since Day 2 (when the role claim happened) just for the purpose of us eventually voting ourselves out seems too crazy a situation to consider.
Well the HHA all know who each other are. If there WASN'T a mafia in the roomie house, it would be gone by now.

Karkador

Banned
Clock bells chime in the distance

CURRENT PHASE
69IqNxy.png

Current Votes for this Round (7 needed for majority)
(a strike means the player voted for, then unvoted, the player)

Ultron87 (3)
Ultron87
squidyj
nin1000
RobotNinjaHornets

franconp (0)
squidyj

Time left until Day 7 ends
t1435091400z1.png

RetroMG

Unless the HHA couldn't remove the investigator without removing one of their own. It's double jeopardy. Neither side could afford to lose the roomies.

TBH, the HHA especially can't afford to lose you right now, which (if you really are HHA,) makes it odd that you are arguing for yourself to go.

So, possible interpretations off the top of my head, rated from most likely to least likely, IMO.

1. This is a ploy, and you are hoping to sow enough confusion that we won't evict you, or draw suspicion off of someone else.

2. You are HHA, but you are supremely confident that your last partner is so well hidden, that we won't find him. You think it's someone that we'll never see coming.

3. You are HHA and you have some kind of extra ability that triggers when you are evicted.

4. You're not thinking your cunning plan all the way through.

5. You're not HHA and you are telling the truth.

RetroMG

Dammit, I knew I was missing a possibility. I just remembered what it was.

2.5. You are HHA, but there's another one besides the nephew and the Hidden Partner, so you are confident that the HHA can take the loss.

nin1000

Banned
Again, my role is confirmed. Both Ouro and Nin were in my chat, and both have independently commented on it. I am a gossip. If you're somehow suggesting that Ouro, Nin, and I are all mafia and are all in the same chat, let me ask - Why? The Mafia already have their own chat room. Why would we go to such lengths?

I can vouch and say that that retro indeed a gossip, since he invited me into the chat. I still doubt that karkador would put 2 mafias so near next to each other. Since Ouro was mafia the possibility of retro ans me being town is higher than the other possibility of me being mafia aswell. I don't know why you would leave that possibility out Fran. But I get it since you want to save yourself.

To be fair, we should've killed you off way earlier last game :p

ultron87

TBH, the HHA especially can't afford to lose you right now, which (if you really are HHA,) makes it odd that you are arguing for yourself to go.

I know! That's why I want us to die! Franconp doesn't because he's the HHA Investigator. We didn't die early because my role wasn't that big a deal and they were trying to ingratiate Franconp and the other HHA members with the town by throwing Hobohodo under the bus. You can see the first step in that plan of Ourobolos being the first to vote for Hobohodo before the results of the investigation are even revealed. So you can see that the one actually game changing piece of info that Franconp gave us slotted neatly into an HHA plot.

So, possible interpretations off the top of my head, rated from most likely to least likely, IMO.

1. This is a ploy, and you are hoping to sow enough confusion that we won't evict you, or draw suspicion off of someone else.

2. You are HHA, but you are supremely confident that your last partner is so well hidden, that we won't find him. You think it's someone that we'll never see coming.

3. You are HHA and you have some kind of extra ability that triggers when you are evicted.

4. You're not thinking your cunning plan all the way through.

5. You're not HHA and you are telling the truth.

To respond to your other points:

1) That's a terrible plan.

2) If this was the case we would have died during a previous night because Franconp's ability, were it town aligned, is the best way to find that super hidden member. Keeping me alive (were I HHA) would have no value because my credibility is in the toilet.

3) We've already seen one HHA that has bad stuff happen when they die so I think a second one would be a stretch.

4) I am thinking it through. Admittedly I've been a little checked out of this game because the whole roommate thing made me feel useless. But now I am into it so I can make us dead.

5) This is the truth. Yay! I don't know why you think it is so unlikely.

RetroMG

I never said it wasn't. ;)

2) If this was the case we would have died during a previous night because Franconp's ability, were it town aligned, is the best way to find that super hidden member. Keeping me alive (were I HHA) would have no value because my credibility is in the toilet

But then you're still an extra life for the HHA. I wouldn't throw away resources, were I them. I'd let the Town do it for me, especially if it means throwing away the investigator.

BUT, on the other hand, there is just enough doubt about both of you that it makes sense to evict Fran to confirm the validity of his investigations. (Although outing Hobo did that in my eyes, others still need validation.) So here we are.

3) We've already seen one HHA that has bad stuff happen when they die so I think a second one would be a stretch.
I actually agree with this, I was just spitballing.

4) I am thinking it through. Admittedly I've been a little checked out of this game because the whole roommate thing made me feel useless. But now I am into it so I can make us dead.
This makes me sad. :(
Oh, you not thinking it through was supremely unlikely. I've never thought you were dumb. Even when I said that option 1 wasn't a good plan, I assumed that it was in place because you lacked better options.

5) This is the truth. Yay! I don't know why you think it is so unlikely.
/shrug. I've been pretty clear about why. Your ability strikes me as not being a town ability, I have faith in Francorp, and ultimately, it doesn't matter either way. If you are not HHA, I'm pretty sure Fran is, only because I don't think the HHA would have let two town roomies live so long when they could wipe out both in one night. ESPECIALLY if one of them is the investigator.

Ultimately, you and I agree that it's time for the roomies to go. The fact that you are arguing for it worries me, and that's why I'm considering these possibilities. But in the end, I'm not going to argue against it. Just trying to see things in all of the possible lights.

And no hard feelings either way. This game has been a blast, and I only came in half way through. :)

squidyj

Wait shit I messed these numbers up, should be 7 vs 1 and 6 vs 2

Ok yeah 6 vs 2 is hard, but franconp's actions are making me think that it's pretty unlikely at this point

I don't actually think both of them being Town would be an impossible or incredibly difficult scenario to overcome as town. it would give us a lot of information going into our next lynches and we should be able to hit mafia after that quite successfully.

Timeaisis

Oh yes, and I'd like to mention I also agree this is probably the best time to get rid of the roommates. I'd vote for Ultron, but I want to give it a little more time.

franconp

I just don't understand how this game is going. We have Ultron (who gave us a lot of proof he is the other nephew with his role, when he used his role, how he voted, he pushing for our eviction as soon as he used his role, etc), and Nin1000 (who is in the top of all the list as an HHA, he asumed an AC character as soon as the game started but the only ones that have a characters asigned to them are HHA, when Razmos asked about this earlier in the day he choose to don't answer, etc) saying that the best course of action is evicting us and all agreed.

All think it's OK follow the plans of the 2 more likely HHA.

I just don't understand. Maybe it's because it's my first time playing Mafia and I'm loosing something but it doesn't make sense to me.

When I'm out HHA just need to evict one of the confirmed towns and you will have 8 players, 2 that are confirmed town and 6 that you don't have any idea about them. In that group of 6 there will be 1 or maybe 2 HHA so you will have a 16% (or a 33% if there are 2) chance of finding an HHA.

If you evict Nin1000 and he isn't the lost partner (and I think he is) I can investigate one of the remaining five players (I have a 20% chance of finding the lost partner, 40% if there are 2).

If I don't find the lost partner this night phase I'm totally OK with town evicting us during the next day phase as it will prove that I'm town and will clear the name of an extra townie so you will have just a pool of 4 non confirmed players and a 25% or a 50% of finding an HHA the following phase.

I don't think I will be able to post tomorrow as I have a busy day at work so I will leave my vote now with what I think it's the best course of action:

Vote: Nin1000[/QUOTE]

If I'm out this phase it's been fun and good look finding the lost partner.

squidyj

I just don't understand how this game is going. We have Ultron (who gave us a lot of proof he is the other nephew with his role, when he used his role, how he voted, he pushing for our eviction as soon as he used his role, etc), and Nin1000 (who is in the top of all the list as an HHA, he asumed an AC character as soon as the game started but the only ones that have a characters asigned to them are HHA, when Razmos asked about this earlier in the day he choose to don't answer, etc) saying that the best course of action is evicting us and all agreed.

All think it's OK follow the plans of the 2 more likely HHA.

I just don't understand. Maybe it's because it's my first time playing Mafia and I'm loosing something but it doesn't make sense to me.

When I'm out HHA just need to evict one of the confirmed towns and you will have 8 players, 2 that are confirmed town and 6 that you don't have any idea about them. In that group of 6 there will be 1 or maybe 2 HHA so you will have a 16% (or a 33% if there are 2) chance of finding an HHA.

If you evict Nin1000 and he isn't the lost partner (and I think he is) I can investigate one of the remaining five players (I have a 20% chance of finding the lost partner, 40% if there are 2).

If I don't find the lost partner this night phase I'm totally OK with town evicting us during the next day phase as it will prove that I'm town and will clear the name of an extra townie so you will have just a pool of 4 non confirmed players and a 25% or a 50% of finding an HHA the following phase.

I don't think I will be able to post tomorrow as I have a busy day at work so I will leave my vote now with what I think it's the best course of action:

Vote: Nin1000

If I'm out this phase it's been fun and good look finding the lost partner.[/QUOTE]

following the plan of the 2 most likely HHA? I was pretty sure I laid out the potential outcomes of lynching roomies today and pushed for that action. If you disagree with MY analysis then please go ahead and argue it, I would particularly like to hear the argument as to why lynching nin would make better strategic sense for town even though I agree that he is likely mafia.

I still think we should hold off another day on evicting the roomies. Maybe get one more read from Fran. If Fran ends up being townie invest, the we don't have anything to weed out the lost partner other than playing Russian roulette.

Remaining Town
RNH
Toma
Retro
ER
Nin
Darryl
Raz
Timeaisis
Fran/Ult
Squid

With Fran dead, hopefully confirmed town, we would have

RNH/Time/Raz - Confirmed by Fran

Toma
Retro
ER
Nin
Darryl
Squid

Honestly, willing to put toma in the confirmed town list based on the fact that he confirmed to have his role by Kalor and Ouro was in his area. So for me the list of remaining suspects would be:

Retr/Nin/Darryl/Squid

Leaning towards Squid being town, since he did the thing with Ouro. But I think Ouro was on a couple ppl's list for top 3 Mafia. I think that leaves it between Nin and Darryl for the lost partner. I already said what I think aout nin. Flip flopped a lot last day phase and also he, ouro, and hobo voted within 10 minutes of each other in one voting phase. Darryl seems to post mostly filler. Admitted to posting vapidly. Trying to basically say I voted for KK for no reason. And that I bandwagoned on Ouro, like ouro already wasnt on my list for HHA.

to top this off, he initially early bandwagoned voted for ouro. that's a great spot to take to cover yourself, having knowledge that ouro was in fact HHA.

Assuming he is HHA, I believe you and Ouro are as well. Probably decided best to throw him under the bus first thing of the day. Which is why you two voted for him.
Leaning strongly towards RNH.

Then Ouro,Darryl, one of the roomies possibly

Ouro, just from his voting pattern\.
This is from like the 8th and 9th. I was like one of the first ppl to have Ouro on my list of suspects since his voting pattern at the time, he had voted in all 3 days for a townie eviction.

So at the start of the day Haly and Ezekal said they thought ourobolus was amon the most mafia in their opinion and I voted on Ourobolus.

Squid pointing out that I thought Ouro was suspcious

The following quotes puts my vote for Ouro in contest. You could argue I helped push for his role claim which helped in his eviction.
Seems like for the most part, you just mimick what has already been said in the thread.

When you say claim, do you mean role?

One of the days, ok, I admit bandwagoning. But I think my reasoning was sound. And seriously, just look at the posts after I changed my mind on days 4 and 5 - I had plenty of followers. 2 out of the past 3 days I haven't been a follower. Sure, I have been wrong 2/3 of those days, but fuck I will take a win when I can get it.

What about the 2nd part in my post?

I have a reason for not saying anything at this point. And honestly, I don't want to say anything unless I am forced to.

say it please

Haly squid are voting for u, and you are one of my top 2 for voting today as well. So spill it.

Ouro, what role are you?

I really don't want to reveal my role.
I know that I suspicious, but I have a good reason for not doing it

[hihlight]Vote: Ourobolus

Explain your role that you seem to claim you have.

Ugh. I know it is suspicious. But let me put it this way. If you were a Taco, and everyone else said they were a Taco, would you say your were a Taco?
"You were"

The fact that you claimed in gossip chat, you should claim now
im cool with voting king/ouro

Also looking at the map, I doubt there is no HHA in both column 5 and row E. So I think whether we evict roomies or not, Darryle and Nin should be next on the lists for eviction. This is assuming Fran is town.

squidyj

If Franconp is mafia investigator we need to know now, if he's town investigator I believe we will have enough of a town circle to find any mafia effectively. I don't think lost partner will be a problem, one of the things we have to remember is that lost partner is mafia and has always been mafia and will have behaved like mafia, they know who their teammates are and they know who town are, they might not have access to mafia chat but they still have enough rope to hang themselves with.

If Franconp is mafia investigator we need to know now, if he's town investigator I believe we will have enough of a town circle to find any mafia effectively. I don't think lost partner will be a problem, one of the things we have to remember is that lost partner is mafia and has always been mafia and will have behaved like mafia, they know who their teammates are and they know who town are, they might not have access to mafia chat but they still have enough rope to hang themselves with.

Yea, leaning towards roomies getting out today. The longer we wait to confirm Fran, the worse it is for us. If he is town then I think I mapped out a decent theory on the lost partner. Also there the chance the lost partner didn't get activated yet, since it is possible the HHA attacked Haly I guess.

VOTE: Franconp/Ultron87

squidyj

Nin is the absolute top mafia read in the game right now. I pointed out weird behavour going on AROUND him the other day looking back through past days activity, his voting pattern has been suspect, the reads he gave today contradicted THEMSELVES not to mention other player's understanding of the game, he says he made them up in 5 minutes, his defense from there on out has basically been to make a joke out of everything rather than seriously contesting his innocence. He's absolutely mafia but I still don't think we should lynch him today. as weird as that sounds.

Darryl has made wild and nonsensical accusations at people in past days to where it seems like he put on a blindfold and randomly pointed at someone and decided to accuse them, at this point in the game we have to treat him as a strong possibility for mafia.

Timeaisis is one of the biggest reasons I want to lynch franconp today, if franconp is mafia timeaisis becomes quite suspicious and if franconp is town we get timeaisis rnh and razmos as town. he hasn't really said or done much to push me one way or the other which after this much discussion is somewhat surprising.

There are also a few things that might work in our favor. I think it's entirely possible that mafia hasn't found their lost partner yet and that n3 was them trying and failing to get rid of Haly. Finding their lost partner would mean a lost night eviction for mafia and would put us as town further ahead.

franconp

If I'm out this phase it's been fun and good look finding the lost partner.

following the plan of the 2 most likely HHA? I was pretty sure I laid out the potential outcomes of lynching roomies today and pushed for that action. If you disagree with MY analysis then please go ahead and argue it, I would particularly like to hear the argument as to why lynching nin would make better strategic sense for town even though I agree that he is likely mafia.[/QUOTE]

I already said it.

Don't you think Ultron is the other nephew? For me it's pretty obvious.

If you agree with me regarding Ultron, do you really think Kark would put 2 HHA (most likely half the team) in the same spot? It would be an easy win for town, it would be a game breaking mistake.

It doesn't make sense.

I think we should evict Nin because if he is HHA it's a win in the next turn (if there are only for HHA) and if he is not we reduce the number of unconfirmed players by one. I have one more turn to find the lost partner and If I don't find him you can evict me and have another one confirmed.

I think you are town because of the Ouro vote. Let's say we evict Nin this phase and I investigate Ezekel or Darryl (as Toma and Retrogamer already have their roles checked, my investigation it may not be so efective with them). If I find something weird with one of them it's good as we could get another eviction and the almost sure win. If I just find an Ordinary Villager you can evict me and prove that all the ones I investigated are town so you would have only one player with an unconfirmed role, who will be most likely the lost partner.

So, unless Toma or Retrogamer are HHA with the same role as townies, we could be winning the game in the next 2 turns.

Darryl

Banned
I'm just pointing fingers at Ezekel. At least I'm staying consistent. You're honestly suspicious as hell Squidy. At this point I've only kept off it to see if you lived another day.

Maybe I'm cutting a little close? You and Eze followed the same patterns for evicts in the last day, which almost fucked us hard. Seemingly knew Ouro was gonna hop votes. Yet said or did nothing. Just a comment at the end which had no motivation other than to earn rapport with the town. Ew.

Razmos

Eh, it reached the point earlier today where the ghosts were posting more than we were. BEGONE EVICTED PLAYERS, BEGONE.

I'm just pointing fingers at Ezekel. At least I'm staying consistent. You're honestly suspicious as hell Squidy. At this point I've only kept off it to see if you lived another day..

Think you wanted Haly out before me.

Maybe I'm cutting a little close? You and Eze followed the same patterns for evicts in the last day, which almost fucked us hard. Seemingly knew Ouro was gonna hop votes. Yet said or did nothing. Just a comment at the end which had no motivation other than to earn rapport with the town. Ew.
What do you mean? I'm assuming the bold part is about KK. Idk what the rest is about.

Top Bottom