• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing Mafia |OT| - Making Animal Friends Is Awesome!

Razmos

giphy.gif

Karkador

Banned
Clock bells chime in the distance

DAY 7 ENDS

Total Votes for this Round (7 needed for majority)
(a strike means the player voted for, then unvoted, the player)

Ultron87 (7)
Ultron87
squidyj
nin1000
RobotNinjaHornets
RetroGamer42
EzekelRAGE
Razmos
Timeaisis

franconp (0)
squidyj

nin1000 (1)
franconp

On Day 7, the Village finally threw down on the large house in D-4.

Before it was all torn apart by the ravaging villagers, you noticed how well ultron87 and franconp organized their home.

The furniture was neatly divided on either the "ultron87" side, or the 'franconp" side. They lived in separate rooms on opposite sides of the house. They shared nothing, and didn't speak to each other. It was one of those awkward roommate situations.

Shortly before being carried away, both of them came out of their rooms at the same time, pointing at one another - "it was THEIR fault!"

Ultron87, the Troublemaker, and franconp aka Timmy Nook the Older Nephew, are gone for good.

Karkador said:
Welcome!

You are a Troublemaker!

You are aligned with the Town. You win when only Town-aligned players remain.

Fine, we’ll do it your way. You know that the best way to settle an argument is to kill’em both!

Once per game, you can choose to have two banishments on one day by PMing me the command TROUBLE during the Night Phase. On the following Day Phase, I will announce that you called for a double-banishment, and the two players with the highest vote count will be Evicted (if applicable).

Since this action will out your role (but not your alignment), use it wisely.

Feel free to PM me any questions about your role. The public game thread is here.

Karkador said:
Welcome!

You are Timmy Nook, the Older Nephew.

You are aligned with the Happy Home Academy(psst, that's the Mafia)

Your partners are <redacted>. You also have another partner who is unknown to you, but they do know who you are.

Each Night Phase, you may investigate one other player’s role by PMing me with the command SNOOP: <player>. If your investigation yields the identity of your lost partner, they will become a full-fledged partner with eviction/night-chat privileges.

You win when Mafia-aligned players outnumber non-Mafia-aligned players.

Night Phase Eviction
Each night phase, one of the HHA-aligned player may Evict one of the non-HHA-aligned players by PMing me with the command EVICT: <name>. This action will be associated with the player who sent the PM. If you attempt to Evict your lost partner, they will instead become a full-fledged partner with eviction/night-chat privileges.

During the Night Phase, you may plot and scheme with other HHA-aligned players in a private QuickTopic board found here.

Feel free to PM me any questions about your role. The public game thread is here.

SCHEDULE CHANGE

As a result of being down to less than 10 players now, I'm going to shorten the schedule a bit for Day and Night phases.

From now on, Nights will be ~48 hours, and Days will be ~72 hours.
That's a reduction of 24hours for each.

NIGHT 7 BEGINS

Time left

t1435260600z1.png

Karkador

Banned
Clock bells chime in the distance

8 Villagers gather today, another innocent found on the pyre, burned a heap of maps and charts and graphs.

Their eyes shifted at each other.

EzekelRAGE the Ordinary Villager is gone for good.

Karkador said:
Welcome!

You are an Ordinary Villager

You are aligned with the Town.

You have no abilities other than voting. Your vote is your power!

You win when only Town-aligned players remain.

The game thread is here.

Day 8 Officially Begins

cfnOOPP.png

Time Left Until Day 8 Ends
t1435519800z1.png

squidyj

I'm not dead!

So we have 2 investigations of franconp's that we know were fake (hobo, haly) i think he checked me the night before last. but I don't know about where he claimed to check hobo. I think it's probable that franco lied about the extent of his ability as well, I'm pretty sure he got ability information back as well, which means mafia would know more about some people's abilities if they aren't the vanilla town they claimed to be.

anyways, I always like hearing about top town and top mafia from every player, especially with how things shook out last night.

squidyj

oh razmos, i was going to wait until this thread was open to explain why franco being mafia made sense. you just had to look at the people he chose to check and the whole thing where he suggested sacrificing RNH. If i'm town investigator I generally don't go around investigating known quantities or investigating people to prove i have my ability, i hunt scum because i'm the single best scum-hunting tool town has and the best way to prove myself town is to find mafia. Instead he invests a bunch of town type people and investigating haly who was a. clearly town, and b. clearly a high priority mafia target was massively suspicious.

nin1000

Banned
I'm not dead!

So we have 2 investigations of franconp's that we know were fake (hobo, haly) i think he checked me the night before last. but I don't know about where he claimed to check hobo. I think it's probable that franco lied about the extent of his ability as well, I'm pretty sure he got ability information back as well, which means mafia would know more about some people's abilities if they aren't the vanilla town they claimed to be.

anyways, I always like hearing about top town and top mafia from every player, especially with how things shook out last night.

The thing is , how much of what he said can be seen as true ?
I will have to look up and see who he claimed to have investigated.
The thing is , maybe he could have found the lost partner on one of those ocasions but claimed to just have seen an ordinary villager.

squidyj

The thing is , how much of what he said can be seen as true ?
I will have to look up and see who he claimed to have investigated.
The thing is , maybe he could have found the lost partner on one of those ocasions but claimed to just have seen an ordinary villager.

thats what we think timeaisis is.

RetroMG

Oh man, we're back! I meant to post more to the Gossip board before we came back in.

Okay, so Franconp... Did not see that coming.

According to the list that Fran posted at the beginning of the last day, (and assuming that we can trust his word on this,) he investigated Razmos on night 1 and Timeaisis on night 2. If we assume that the lack of kills on night 3 means that the Lost Partner was found, it makes sense that one of these two is the Lost Partner.

So Timeaisis is looking pretty suspicious right about now.

Razmos

Razmos, if you wouldn't mind, how exactly did Timeaisis roleclaim?

Also, just to make sure, Tom, was there any activity last night?
Darryl roleclaimed straight away when he joined my chat, and then Timeaisis did straight after saying that it was a sound idea. He claimed to be a regular villager with no powers.

Weren't you investigated as well RNH?

squidyj

Oh man, we're back! I meant to post more to the Gossip board before we came back in.

Okay, so Franconp... Did not see that coming.

According to the list that Fran posted at the beginning of the last day, (and assuming that we can trust his word on this,) he investigated Razmos on night 1 and Timeaisis on night 2. If we assume that the lack of kills on night 3 means that the Lost Partner was found, it makes sense that one of these two is the Lost Partner.

So Timeaisis is looking pretty suspicious right about now.

I need you to go back and read the role pm that franconp got and then tell me what's incorrect about this post.

Razmos

According to the list that Fran posted at the beginning of the last day, (and assuming that we can trust his word on this,) he investigated Razmos on night 1 and Timeaisis on night 2. If we assume that the lack of kills on night 3 means that the Lost Partner was found, it makes sense that one of these two is the Lost Partner
Not quite sure how the 2 things are connected there. How is me and Timeaisis being investigated and then there being a no-evict on the 3rd connected at all?

I think it's way more likely that they targeted Haly on that day. With it being an odd day and Haly being an odd day commuter.

It doesn't prove or disprove me and timeaisis at all.

Darryl roleclaimed straight away when he joined my chat, and then Timeaisis did straight after saying that it was a sound idea. He claimed to be a regular villager with no powers.

Weren't you investigated as well RNH?

Yup, but if there's only one HHA left, which I feel like there probably is, depending on the results of Tom's night activity log, it can't be me. If there was activity...either Tom or Retro are lying >_>

And regular villager eh?
Not really gonna read too much into that, just wondered how it went down

Razmos

Especially since we now know that being investigated activates the sleeper as well.

For all we know, the sleeper hasn't been activated yet. It doesn't necessarily mean that one of the people investigated is mafia. The mafia were just as blind and guessing as to their identity as we are.

RetroMG

I always like hearing about top town and top mafia from every player, especially with how things shook out last night.

Who do I think is HHA?
Timeaisis - In the wake of Franconp's revelation, I have to now question the people he cleared. Assuming that Fran was telling the truth, (which is probably dangerous,) Timeaisis was investigated on Night 2 - Right before the time when we believe that that Lost Partner was activated.

RobotNinjaHornets - Less suspicious, but I feel like anyone who was cleared by Fran and claims Ordinary Villager is worth suspecting.

Who do I think is Town?
Nin1000 - He's been under a lot of suspicion lately, but when I looked over the last few days, a lot of the pointing fingers have been from HHA members. (Ourobolus and Franconp) Unless it's an epic ploy, I can't imagine that they were really going to try to get rid of their own man.

Tomakasatnav - Mostly because I can't see how a light sleeper would be a useful role for the HHA.

Who am I not sure about?
Darryl - He's kind of abrasive sometimes, sure, but he seems to have the town's interests at heart. I lean toward Town, but I'm not positive.

Razmos - Razmos was cleared by Franconp, which puts him under suspicion now. I am inclined to think that he is Town, because I don't actually believe an HHA Gossip exists. That being said, have members of his group confirmed that he is, in fact, a gossip?

Squidyj - Let's be honest, I think Squidy is Town, but I'm wary, because if I were HHA, I would probably play just like Squidy, working hard to root out the "HHA" so that no one would suspect me. (Who's watching the watchman?)

squidyj

Especially since we now know that being investigated activates the sleeper as well.

For all we know, the sleeper hasn't been activated yet. It doesn't necessarily mean that one of the people investigated is mafia. The mafia were just as blind and guessing as to their identity as we are.

I think it's incredibly unlikely that mafia failed to activate their sleeper. mafia has had 8 night kills and 6 investigations, while other town were claiming town roles and we were lynching people.

Razmos

Razmos - Razmos was cleared by Franconp, which puts him under suspicion now. I am inclined to think that he is Town, because I don't actually believe an HHA Gossip exists. That being said, have members of his group confirmed that he is, in fact, a gossip?
Yes. both Timeaisis and Darryl confirmed.

Realistically they can't both be mafia, because then I would be surrounded on all sides by Mafia (Hobohodo included) and they would have no reason to lie unless I was ALSO mafia, and having 4 mafia right next to each other is not possible.

RetroMG

I think it's incredibly unlikely that mafia failed to activate their sleeper. mafia has had 8 night kills and 6 investigations, while other town were claiming town roles and we were lynching people.

I wonder - If there were no more Mafia and the Lost Partner hadn't been activated, would the game just end?

squidyj

To extend that thought the only missed kill occured on n3 and was likely an attempt on haly when they didnt know he was commuter, The balance of probability is that they found the lost partner with an investigation, now if they revealed that investigation target to us is another question.

RetroMG

Yes. both Timeaisis and Darryl confirmed.

Realistically they can't both be mafia, because then I would be surrounded on all sides by Mafia (Hobohodo included) and they would have no reason to lie unless I was ALSO mafia, and having 4 mafia right next to each other is not possible.

Agreed. I had a similar problem with Nin1000 and Ourobolus.

Karkador

Banned
I was asked something via PM before the day started, about franconp's revealed role PM, that I'm gonna answer here for everyone.

This part:

Each Night Phase, you may investigate one other player’s role by PMing me with the command SNOOP: <player>. If your investigation yields the identity of your lost partner, they will become a full-fledged partner with eviction/night-chat privileges.

I originally wrote the PM too vaguely, and had to clarify it for franconp, so here's the clarification: the result returned by his SNOOP command was only the name of the role, not alignment or any description about the ability.

squidyj

I think TImeaisis is today's best target. out of the group of three investigations he's most likely to be lost partner and I've been reviewing his posts from earlier on and I don't like a few things he's done

he has a tendency to delay voting (as he did yesterday) which feels like he's trying to figure out which way the wind is blowing and then be on the right side of it.

He was the first one I saw suggest that there would only be 4 mafia in a 23 player game and he used that information to defend against lynching the roomies on day 1.

He said and I quote "Ideally we should be lynching every day" on day 1, where he voted twice for no-evict (once before the statement and once after).

He was willing to call Franconp confirmed town but not razmos, off of the same information and situation (I'll try to find this post, it should be more clear what I mean if you read it)

His voting history isn't exactly clean either. I know it's not a lot to go on but I get the impression that Timeaisis knows what he's doing and as HHA he's not really going to give us a lot to go on unlike some others.

Also, just to make sure, Tom, was there any activity last night?

No activity last night.

I'll do a quick post tomorrow with all the night's activity or not on my side.

I'm guessing on the one night that I had activity in my area (when I originally posted there wasn't any and Fran said that was a lie) he did actually investigate someone in my area, or probably far less likely - maybe it was a cover of up of a HHA in my area doing something.. but I think Ouro was still alive at that point and could kill silently right?

squidyj

No activity last night.

I'll do a quick post tomorrow with all the night's activity or not on my side.

I'm guessing on the one night that I had activity in my area (when I originally posted there wasn't any and Fran said that was a lie) he did actually investigate someone in my area, or probably far less likely - maybe it was a cover of up of a HHA in my area doing something.. but I think Ouro was still alive at that point and could kill silently right?

I think he actually checked RNH, that and trying to sacrifice RNH are reasons I think RNH is likely town out of the 3, since razmos has a role and has more or less confirmed that ability I feel that just leaves Timeaisis out of people who have been checked by franconp/

Razmos

Fran might not have investigated Ouro, since he knew Ouro was mafia and they communicated at night.

He probably investigated someone else that night, and lied.

squidyj

Fran might not have investigated Ouro, since he knew Ouro was mafia and they communicated at night.

He probably investigated someone else that night, and lied.

you mean hobo? we know of at least 2 investigations that he did not make, I said this earlier, the one on hobo and the one on haly. I think instead of haly he investigated me but I don't know who he investigated instead of hobo.

Razmos

you mean hobo? we know of at least 2 investigations that he did not make, I said this earlier, the one on hobo and the one on haly. I think instead of haly he investigated me but I don't know who he investigated instead of hobo.
ah yeah, Hobo, my bad.

What makes you think he investigated you?

Timeaisis

What makes me more likely the lost partner over anyone else?

How would fran have known I had roleclaimed ordinary villager to Razmos? If I was the hidden partner as some of you claim, fran would have investigated and converted me, but would have had to "clear"me for everyone else by having Razmos corroborate. Which would have been really risky if he guessed wrong.

squidyj

What makes me more likely the lost partner over anyone else?

How would fran have known I had roleclaimed ordinary villager to Razmos? If I was the hidden partner as some of you claim, fran would have investigated and converted me, but would have had to "clear"me for everyone else by having Razmos corroborate. Which would have been really risky if he guessed wrong.

Razmos has claimed a role and provided information from it that verifies his ability, Franconp offered to sacrifice RNH to prove his ability, would he offer that if the person he was sacrificing was mafia AND would prove he was lying about his role? We also can't confirm any other investigations.

Your role wasn't revealed in general chat until after you had been checked at which point if you were the lost partner you would have had full mafia membership and full ability to coordinate with franconp. At any point after the check you could have simply told him what you claimed to Razmos.

squidyj

Like I've always thought of Timeaisis as a careful and thoughtful player so the fact that he tries to defend himself with this sort of bad information is quite strange to me and a little bit suspicious.

RetroMG

I think TImeaisis is today's best target. out of the group of three investigations he's most likely to be lost partner and I've been reviewing his posts from earlier on and I don't like a few things he's done

You know, I think it's really funny that you were so snide when I said Timeaisis was suspicious, and now you're calling him out.

I know you were mostly calling out the logic behind my suspicion, but it's still funny.

squidyj

You know, I think it's really funny that you were so snide when I said Timeaisis was suspicious, and now you're calling him out.

I know you were mostly calling out the logic behind my suspicion, but it's still funny.

Since we learned Franconp was HHA at the end of last day it's been Timeaisis and Nin up on the chopping block in my mind and I think there is some level of doubt about nin.

Top Bottom