• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing Mafia |OT| - Making Animal Friends Is Awesome!

Also, what would be the point of this little song and dance?

Yet again, there was no activity in my area tonight.

Well, you are lying with your role.

I investigated RobotNinjaHornets last night and found out he is an Ordinary Villager.

If you truly were a Light Sleeper my investigation should have trigger your role.

I'm about to leave work, will expand on this and what Ultron said later.

Why not just ask Kark about it in the HHA chat and wait for a response?

Kevyt

wmo6.gif

Looking back, I think I might have figured out when the HHA found the hidden partner

Night 3, franconp claimed to investigate Mazre. Hobohodo was in Mazre's chat at this point. No reason for fran to investigate Mazre then. Kalor did report activity, but it was an odd night so Haly would've flagged it. I imagine they tried to kill Haly and missed, while attempting to use that as a cover for fran to investigate someone else and still have it show up on Kalor's night report.

So now to see if anyone's playstyle changed

Darryl

Banned
Something that just occured to me: Why would Ouro need an HHA power to make him immune to an HHA player? We know that Kark laid out these powers purposefully, so why would he give Ouro immunity to the Light Sleeper role if the Light Sleeper were HHA? He could just tell the HHA Light Sleeper to lie.

No he couldn't, because we're looking for the Lost Partner. Someone who is not in contact with the HHA.

I cannot think of a way based on what has occurred in this game. BUT, we've already had another light sleeper who has been evicted. Kalor was confirmed as a light sleeper, and confirmed to be town when he got taken out. Has there been any indication so far that we have multiple versions of the same role? I've only seen Town Gossips. (I suppose it's possible that Razmos is an HHA gossip, but I don't think it's super likely.)

Additionally, back to my original point that you ignored. If we assume that the last mafia is the Lost Partner, do you really think that this would also be combined with another role? I really think the Lost Partner was an Ordinary Villager.

I don't have time to look into the rest of your points right now, but I will later this morning.

All 3 HHA right now have had an additional role.

On the flip side, how does Tom being HHA help them? All they'd get from that is that someone was doing an action every other night. What use is that to them?

Link to the day where the HHA were refusing to vote for him pls.

If Tucah never got evicted, it could've taken forever for the Commuter role to come out. They got really lucky with that eviction on day #1. If you look at the hypothetical ways this game could have played out, it is very likely the Commuter role would've been something that they struggled with. They suddenly lose an eviction night and have no idea why. What do? Well it turns out Tomas had activity on that night. And the night before last. A pattern. They can piece it together. It's the only use I can see right now for the Light Sleepers. They didn't, it turns out. But that doesn't mean it isn't something that was possible and that we shouldn't account for. TBH IDK WTF you guys think we should be looking at for evidence for evictions, if not for information like this. Are we going for feels here?

The image for the votes was here, and if you missed this then you obviously didn't read the post I made a few days ago. Good job for evicting Squidyj, HHA. We gained a day but we lost the only other person paying attention.

http://i.imgur.com/uXC9gr1.jpg

Look at Day #4. No attempt to capitalize on the push for Tomas eviction. This move, in effect, led to the downfall of the first 3 HHA.

nin1000

Banned
Thanks for this post right there Darryl don't want to crawl up anybodies ads but this was some nice insight. I agree that we have to look at the actions and not follow our gut feelings this time around. We got a good Chace to evict an HHA member today or tomorrow.

Yeah, it would have been different with Tucah in play. I would have been getting 'consistent' activity in my area so maybe we would have looked there earlier. With Tucah gone and Ouro's power, it really did allow them to go about their killing with less.. caution?

The only night I've had activity was the night that Fran said he investigated RNH. I believe that to be true as he used my wrong reporting as a gotcha! to place me as a liar. Ofcourse, he could have targeted someone else and someone in my area made a move, or investigated someone other than RNH in my area but it was just Retro at that point, and that's been claimed as Gossip (was it just Ouro invited into that, or did nin ever make it in/get invited? If not: do we trust Ouro to say that Retro (previously Foshy) is actually a gossip? I think one of the others claimed it first?)

While typing I think I've said those last different scenarios before, oh well!

I'm not sure if the gossips would be HHA, I don't think it's RNH at the moment (see post from yesterday) so I'm looking at Darryl or Nin. Nin has survived a couple of votes, Darryl is being forceful which would be a big loss to Town if he is Town at this point, but he might have good reason to put the focus on others.

No he couldn't, because we're looking for the Lost Partner. Someone who is not in contact with the HHA.

If Tucah never got evicted, it could've taken forever for the Commuter role to come out. They got really lucky with that eviction on day #1. If you look at the hypothetical ways this game could have played out, it is very likely the Commuter role would've been something that they struggled with. They suddenly lose an eviction night and have no idea why. What do? Well it turns out Tomas had activity on that night. And the night before last. A pattern. They can piece it together. It's the only use I can see right now for the Light Sleepers. They didn't, it turns out. But that doesn't mean it isn't something that was possible and that we shouldn't account for. TBH IDK WTF you guys think we should be looking at for evidence for evictions, if not for information like this. Are we going for feels here?

The image for the votes was here, and if you missed this then you obviously didn't read the post I made a few days ago. Good job for evicting Squidyj, HHA. We gained a day but we lost the only other person paying attention.

http://i.imgur.com/uXC9gr1.jpg

Look at Day #4. No attempt to capitalize on the push for Tomas eviction. This move, in effect, led to the downfall of the first 3 HHA.

Before you start accusing people of not paying attention, perhaps you should go back and read what happened on day 4. Salva voted for Tom, then immediately retracted it. A DAY LATER Haly, Launchpad and me voted for him, which caused him to reveal his role. We all then retracted our votes. Then Mazre voted for him, not because he believed he was HHA, but because we could get information from his eviction.

Meanwhile, no-one had voted for Hobohodo. That dogpile started way later in the phase, and at that point it was him or Salva. Tom wasn't in the picture at all when it went crazy. And I mean 3 votes is barely a push.

nin1000

Banned
Before you start accusing people of not paying attention, perhaps you should go back and read what happened on day 4. Salva voted for Tom, then immediately retracted it. A DAY LATER Haly, Launchpad and me voted for him, which caused him to reveal his role. We all then retracted our votes. Then Mazre voted for him, not because he believed he was HHA, but because we could get information from his eviction.

Meanwhile, no-one had voted for Hobohodo. That dogpile started way later in the phase, and at that point it was him or Salva. Tom wasn't in the picture at all when it went crazy. And I mean 3 votes is barely a push.

where does that leave us ? since we dont really got a hunch on anybody atm :(

RetroMG

Except that the Lost Partner still knows who the HHA are, so even if they weren't in contact, the Partner could still support the actions of the HHA.

Nope. All three of the HHA have had abilities. That's not the same thing. Ouro had the ability to evict without being noticed by the Light Sleeper. Hobo had an ability that triggered two evictions after he went down. Only Franconp had an ability that could possibly be construed as a Town Role, as an Investigator. Also: notice that none of these roles mirror other known town roles. My argument has been that the HHA is most likely not mirroring a town role. I don't think it's true of the Gossips, and I don't think it's true of the Light Sleepers.

Good job for evicting Squidyj, HHA. We gained a day but we lost the only other person paying attention.
Do all of your posts have to be so utterly condescending? Lighten up a little, eh?

But that doesn't mean it isn't something that was possible and that we shouldn't account for. TBH IDK WTF you guys think we should be looking at for evidence for evictions, if not for information like this. Are we going for feels here?

I'm looking at actions, and I'm trying to rule out those who I'm pretty sure are innocent. I've ruled out Me, Razmos, and Tomakasatnav. That leaves Nin1000, RNH, and you.
And tbh, I'm not sure if you're just doggedly determined to bark up the wrong tree, of if you're HHA, trying to get the town to do your eviction for you, since you can't.
At the moment, I'm leaning toward the latter.

where does that leave us ? since we dont really got a hunch on anybody atm :(

I was pretty clear about my opinions up above. You guys can evict Toma if you want, but I don't see enough compelling evidence to do so.

I'm looking at actions, and I'm trying to rule out those who I'm pretty sure are innocent. I've ruled out Me, Razmos, and Tomakasatnav. That leaves Nin1000, RNH, and you.
And tbh, I'm not sure if you're just doggedly determined to bark up the wrong tree, of if you're HHA, trying to get the town to do your eviction for you, since you can't.
At the moment, I'm leaning toward the latter.

Worth mentioning that Tom has effectively cleared both of us if there's only one HHA left. If he's town, he has no reason to lie about the lack of activity in our area over the last couple of days and the chances of there being two silent people in the same light sleeper area is miniscule, if he's HHA and lying, then...he's the last HHA and lying.

Question is, is there only 1 HHA left?
Probably

RetroMG

I will say, I've been looking through Darryl's history in the game, and I'm starting to doubt that he's actually HHA. If he is, the HHA have been playing crazy this whole game. But I'm still looking at stuff.

nin1000

Banned
TBH at this point of game I don't know what to think. I expressed my feelings that I am confused at the start of the day but did i sound convinced? At this stage nothing could convince me since we don't have anything to go by.

nin1000

Banned
Since we have 2 safe evictions before the HHA gets to act again, it is safe to say that we could get the last mafia player either today or tomorrow.

RetroMG

Okay, just went through the vast majority of the thread. God, my head hurts now, but I don't think Darryl is HHA, and while I don't know that I agree with him, I think I understand where he's coming from.

TBH at this point of game I don't know what to think. I expressed my feelings that I am confused at the start of the day but did i sound convinced? At this stage nothing could convince me since we don't have anything to go by.

Nothing? Apart from that we know who 3 HHA were, everyone they voted for, everyone they interacted with, how they interacted with them?

I'm not going to go for it just yet as I need to go back and read through all the conversations, but this is coming off to me as someone not wanting to accuse anyone so that they don't get accused back, because any accusation they make will be wrong. Do you seriously have no observations about anything that's happened all game?

nin1000

Banned
Nothing? Apart from that we know who 3 HHA were, everyone they voted for, everyone they interacted with, how they interacted with them?

I'm not going to go for it just yet as I need to go back and read through all the conversations, but this is coming off to me as someone not wanting to accuse anyone so that they don't get accused back, because any accusation they make will be wrong. Do you seriously have no observations about anything that's happened all game?

Exactly! this RNH! will have to go back and read thorugh the whole thread now.

Just found this post from franconp which is somewhat...amusing in hindsight:

Let's see your logic: Ourobolus is mafia because he didn't defend himself when he was accused and I'm mafia because I defended myself when I was accused. That makes sense.

I'm beginning to think Darryl is the most rational player here.

Not saying this is anything approaching good evidence, it's just kind of funny

Razmos

Though I find it a bit odd that Francorp thought Darryl was the most rational, and yet Darryl was never evicted.

Surely they would have tried to get rid of the best players right?

Though I find it a bit odd that Francorp thought Darryl was the most rational, and yet Darryl was never evicted.

I like to think I'm pretty ok and I'm still here >_>

Plus him saying Darryl is the most reasonable to save his and his compatriots necks doesn't necessarily mean anything

This however, is striking me as more and more odd the more I think about it:

unvote: Ourobolus
You role claim convinced me of you not being a thread.

I don't know really since he is the last survivor of the gossip chat my gut screams mafia but I don't know for the moment. I have to sleep over it. Since we have 2 votes today one will go for sure for kingkitty. Sorry mate

Nin was, aside from fran, the only person who really claimed to believe Ouro's role claim. He didn't even question it, just "OH, ok sure"

More updates soon from RNHNN (RobotNinjaHornetsNewsNetwork)

RetroMG

I just finished going through Nin's history.

Damn it, I don't want Nin to be HHA, but especially the interactions on Day 6 look really suspicious.
-Ouro cites Nin and Franconp as two of the only people that he's certain are town.
-Nin immediately believes Ouro's roleclaim.
-The crazy vote switching business at the end, voting and unvoting Ouro, (Which, looked at through the lens of suspicion, makes it look like he was establishing an alibi, but not wanting to actually evict Ouro.)

Finally, Fran does vote for Nin at one point, but Fran kind of made an art form of throwing his fellow HHA under the bus.

I'm not voting now, (Got to read more,) but damn, Nin. I want to believe you are town, but you've had a rough game.

Darryl

Banned

\well that post has got subtext, it's also sarcasm. being used as an insult to bring others down to "my level". no one has really listened to me the entire game. i just don't have the tact for this apparently.

i saw the posts above and i'll respond to them when i'm at work later

Darryl

Banned
i had to post again to point out that it's that i just thought it was really funny that i had to explain someone insulted me. LOL

RetroMG

We have a little over fifteen hours left, and no one has even cast a vote. Everyone is either stumped, or playing cautiously to see who makes the next step.

RetroMG

Ugh, I tried to force my brain into an investigation of RNH's posting history, but it's late, and it's been a long day. I'll pick it up tomorrow. Also going to look into Toma's game history, and see if I can figure out what's got Darryl and Raz all riled up.

Right now, I think Razmos and Toma are definitely town, I think Darryl is likely to be town, and Nin1000 is looking more suspicious than he was at the beginning of the day. (Sorry Nin, no hard feelings, I looked over the whole of the game, and I have to go where that takes me.) I'm on the fence about RNH. I think he's town, but that's just a gut feeling. I can't prove anything.

We need to evict someone today guys, as hard as it looks like that's going to be. We can't let Squidy's gift to the town be wasted.

Right, some of the reasons might be a stretch, but it's where I'm at at the moment.

vote: nin1000

Two days where he picked up a few votes, but HHA didn't pile in: http://i.imgur.com/uXC9gr1.jpg (though one day was to get rid of Hobo with the double vote)

In a gossip network with a HHA so could potentially be used to find who the recruit person is

Yeah, I think I got very luck when I posted earlier - came home from work, got on GAF straight away and saw no one posted, no idea GAF had been having problems..

RetroMG

In a gossip network with a HHA so could potentially be used to find who the recruit person is

While I don't necessarily disagree with the vote, I can say that no information was passed between Ouro and Nin in Gossip chat. In fact, once Nin came in to chat, Ouro stopped posting entirely.

RetroMG

All right. /sigh

vote: nin1000

Sorry, Nin. I honestly feel bad about this. However, while your actions themselves aren't suspicious, some of the interactions of the HHA around you are.

Since I think the secret HHA was found on night 3 (really, why else would franconp lie about investigating Mazre?), this:

While I don't necessarily disagree with the vote, I can say that no information was passed between Ouro and Nin in Gossip chat. In fact, once Nin came in to chat, Ouro stopped posting entirely.

seems suspicious as fuck

Not voting just yet since it'll mean the end of the day, but...I am tempted

Top Bottom