• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

XaosWolf

Tempted by the Samus Visor one, but it seems a little too basic.
Need me a Mightyena or CHain Chomp decal.

Ohhh didn't see you there ! I should have paid more attention to the other racers' name ! I need to stop playing with Wario, I know he's slow as hell, I have to really give it my best to win against all these Toads, Koopas and Lakitus :p

I was Shy Guy. Came in just behind you. =P

Lé Blade Runner;61268921 said:
What is the character-limit for a town-name, by the way?

Yay! First one I've seen today! =D
It's Eight characters.

EDIT: GET ME DOWN FROM HERE.

darklin0

Banned
This may have been addressed before and i apologize, i did a quick search and couldn't find anything out.

The midnight release for the digital title, i assume that is midnight pacific time?
I believe its Midnight Eastern
You're just unlucky :p
Side hype effect, you're not hyped enough!
I must get more hype, gonna lisent to more K.K. songs.
Ahh was just looking for this as well.

Does anyone still have the website with answer for the 3 opening questions? I don't want to be stuck with an ugly mayor.

Here ya go. http://www.jvgs.net/new-leaf-face-guide.htm

Edit: Mine was the old version, had the wrong bookmark. Fixed.

Animekatt

I called the Best Buy I go to, and they said the street date is still on for the 9th. I think the BB in that person's picture had no clue of the street date.

Grizzo

Okay so I checked by myself : looks like you can't go to "dream shops". But you can still buy some of the other players' items in their dream town. I don't really know how it works. Oh well, I'll get it once I play it.

XaosWolf

This is actually my main concern with my white supermario 3ds,does anyone know a way to keep the white nice and white?

Keep it clean. None of my old stuff ever yellowed no matter what the colour.
It's how I know my SNES, Gameboy etc and associated controllers are mine. They still have the same colour as when I bought 'em.

Yellowing I always associated with smoke damage.

Article of the Best Buy breaking the release date possibly:
http://www.technologytell.com/gaming/113073/best-buy-breaks-animal-crossing-new-leaf-street-date/
Best Buy has broken the June 9, 2013 Animal Crossing: New Leaf street date. I repeat, a Best Buy is now selling physical copies of Animal Crossing: New Leaf. If you are within the Chicago-land area, you could be mayor of your very own town within an hour.

The Best Buy in question is the one in Arlington Height on Rand Road. Though really, the exact street address is 615 E Palatine Rd, Arlington Heights, Illinois, in case you need it for your GPS. The copies of Animal Crossing: New Leaf are in the 3DS section, next to the pre-owned 3DS and DS games. The price is $34.99 and, when I visited, there were 12 copies jammed into the shelf. From what I observed, it appeared as though the copies had just been put on display. However, when I asked an employee, he said that he wasn’t sure when they were put up for sale.

If you’re feeling especially crafty, you could always try calling ahead to that Best Buy and see if they’ll hold a copy of Animal Crossing: New Leaf on the side for you at the service desk, until you can come in and pick it up. Also, people in other areas may want to call their local Best Buy stores and see if any of them have the game on their shelves.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf is set to be one of the hottest 3DS games of the summer. Or, at the very least, the biggest first-party, 3DS release of the summer. If you live around Chicago, it may be worth trying to snag an early copy. Then, go onto your favorite social networking site and flaunt your find! Personally, I can’t wait to see all the Animal Crossing: New Leaf Streetpass hits I get at E3.

Stoof

Woo now that I'm home I can add people and keep up with the thread better. Added B00TE and Kouriozan back.

My current Bests Friends list is shaping up to be

1. partner
2. Aggrotek
3. FlynnCL
4. darklin0
5. SuperSah

Think I got everyone I said I'd add, though since I was on my phone before I may have missed someone :x Probably won't add too many more before playing though.

So my preorder for the 3DS XL AC bundle is finally placed, although I did it kind of late, this past Sunday, 6/2. I really hope Gamestop's reserves aren't all screwed because the last time I preordered a CE late was Starcraft 2 and I got screwed over with that. Amazon wasn't offering it, so I assumed it was a GS exclusive. Do you guys think I'll be ok? :(

MoonGred

Just wash your hands before you use it. I have a white XL and no yellowing

Sounds like have nothing to worry about then, always wash my hands, and nothing stresses me out more than people with dirty/food covered hands touching my stuff.

Tenumi

Banned
Really, a Best Buy broke street date? The one time I'm not going to Best Buy to buy a game. I've got a $50 Meijer gift card, and ACNF is as good as anything to use it on.

Kouriozan

Do you expect this game to be sold out?
I'm wondering since Fire Emblem was sold out and Animal Crossing should sell better than FE.

Acid08

Banned
So my preorder for the 3DS XL AC bundle is finally placed, although I did it kind of late, this past Sunday, 6/2. I really hope Gamestop's reserves aren't all screwed because the last time I preordered a CE late was Starcraft 2 and I got screwed over with that. Amazon wasn't offering it, so I assumed it was a GS exclusive. Do you guys think I'll be ok? :(
Amazon doesn't sell Nintendo hardware unfortunately.

Animekatt

I have a white PS3 controller that I've been using for 5 years now. There's no yellowing, besides some dirt that got in the seams.

XaosWolf

Alright, picked up these three. I'll see which one looks best.
(I have a scratched patch in the middle of my Red XL)

sh1GTbj.png

My wife and I share a birthday on Sunday, so, will be out late Saturday. Will definitely queue up the download after midnight to be ready for Sunday morning. Can't wait.

Grizzo

Woo now that I'm home I can add people and keep up with the thread better. Added B00TE and Kouriozan back.

My current Bests Friends list is shaping up to be

1. partner
2. Aggrotek
3. FlynnCL
4. darklin0
5. SuperSah

Think I got everyone I said I'd add, though since I was on my phone before I may have missed someone :x Probably won't add too many more before playing though.

Did you see my swapnote ? And you can have up to 32 BFF on your list :D

Yellowing is just an urban legend? Oh well I still like the red one :p Does anyone know a reliable place where I can buy a 3DS XL screen protector? The main reason I upgraded was because my old one had a big scratch on the middle of the screen.

XaosWolf

Very good choices. I got myself the miniature Navi decal for my 3DS.

I love Metroid so much, so I had to at least check one out, as there's no pics of it actually on a 3DS. =/

Runner up will be AC leaf on the right hand side, then the Pokédex. =D

Lé Blade Runner;61274949 said:
I'd love to get that AC Leaf decal.
There was a smaller version of it too, for those who didn't want it so HUGE.
Or for those with a standard 3DS, I guess.

Amazon doesn't sell Nintendo hardware unfortunately.

Wait what?? For real? :( When did that happen, because I would easily put %100 faith in amazon getting it to me fine. I'm just worried with me ordering it like a week before release that I might be in trouble but, who knows. I really want that bundle..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom