• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleepy

Wait what?? For real? :( When did that happen, because I would easily put %100 faith in amazon getting it to me fine. I'm just worried with me ordering it like a week before release that I might be in trouble but, who knows. I really want that bundle..

Happened after the 3ds came out. Two reasons are speculated: 1) Mass stock on hardware that didn't move Ninty said Amazon couldn't price cut, then Ninty let Walmart price cut--Amazon pissed; 2) Too many people sending units back saying that the screens were scratched, the hinge was defective, etc.

injurai

Banned
I never got into any of the other Animal Crossing games for whatever reason. What does it have to offer other than odd jobs and building up a house?

Aggrotek

I had no clue who tom nook was before this review, but he actually looks like a nice guy

Tom_Nook_Will_Rule_Us_All_by_pickassoreborn.jpg

You are in for a surprise.

Philia

Yay, electroplankton submitted his info on the sheet. :)

For those who don't know, -GJ-, DrForester, and electroplankton have early review copies and already got some stuff. :)

Stoof

No worries. I am not a constant poster so I'm easy to forget.
Well now I won't forget!

I never got into any of the other Animal Crossing games for whatever reason. What does it have to offer other than odd jobs and building up a house?
Well if you didn't get into the others, then you might not be able to get into this one as the formula hasn't changed much from the beginning. Though this one does allow you to be mayor so you can build town structures and set ordinances and stuff. This seems to be the best AC game yet to jump in though!

I am pumped to collect all of the
Nintendo
items. I loved collecting those even in the GCN version where the only way (that I knew of) to get them was through codes printed in the monthly Nintendo Power.

XaosWolf

Didn't see this in the OT but IGN posted their review on Youtube and their website

9.6/10

tCm8uTW.png

"GET IT?! NOT US!! HAHAHA-Ugh....."
~ Tom, ACNL Punstronaut

This seems to be the best AC game yet to jump in though!

3DS is doing well for that. Especially with Fire Emblem.

I am pumped to collect all of the
Nintendo
items. I loved collecting those even in the GCN version where the only way (that I knew of) to get them was through codes printed in the monthly Nintendo Power.
New thing to spend my Play Coins on! =D

darklin0

Banned
There was one in the IGN video review that I thought was funny, can't remeber what it is now though.
Gotta check that out now.
Can't wait for the snow, rain and when Gulliver gets washed up after getting hit by a punderstorm.
I am super excited.
So if you're the mayor then what is the "goal" of the game? Or do you not start off as the mayor?

Takes a bit to become Mayor, it allows you to build things around the map and what not. You do still have your debt to nook though.

XaosWolf

Serious question guys: If I get my code for ACNL via the So Many Games! Promo, am I able to give that code to someone else?

EDIT: Why the hell did I watch that Review~!?

zigg

Really, a Best Buy broke street date? The one time I'm not going to Best Buy to buy a game. I've got a $50 Meijer gift card, and ACNF is as good as anything to use it on.
I was actually thinking of looking at Meijer tomorrow. Assumed they'd be more likely to break street than BB.

zigg

If the copies are seriously arriving at stores already, I wonder if Kmart's actually gonna have any left by time the sale rolls around.

Man if I could just convince the local Best Buy to sell it to me, it's worked for me for a few games previously... Tempted to try it out tomorrow.

XaosWolf

Anyone know if you can give away Promo Codes then?
I'd assume it's just a normal code, but need to know if it's locked to my account or something. =/

Anyone know if you can give away Promo Codes then?
I'd assume it's just a normal code, but need to know if it's locked to my account or something. =/

Well if it's anything like the other Club Nintendo codes you can buy using coins I'd assume you'll be able to give it away because it's just a generic redeem code that you have to enter into the eShop.

zigg

Man if I could just convince the local Best Buy to sell it to me, it's worked for me for a few games previously... Tempted to try it out tomorrow.
They might already be sending out Important Memos to stores to tell them not to sell the copies they received yet based on the GN report.

In other news, my wife is getting a little upset at me for obsessing about copy availability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom