• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
They might already be sending out Important Memos to stores to tell them not to sell the copies they received yet based on the GN report.

In other news, my wife is getting a little upset at me for obsessing about copy availability.

So you're saying I should go right now? :) (not really though, I've already got my mind set on the digital version).

dkeane

I've gone to stores like Target/Walmart for other games and even if they have the game once they scan it it says not to sell it. Just wait till Sunday unless you have a friend at one of these stores!

Tenumi

Banned
I was actually thinking of looking at Meijer tomorrow. Assumed they'd be more likely to break street than BB.

I would have thought so, too. I was just at my usual one (Holland, Michigan) today and they didn't have any out yet, nor any 3DSXL bundles.

zigg

I've gone to stores like Target/Walmart for other games and even if they have the game once they scan it it says not to sell it. Just wait till Sunday unless you have a friend at one of these stores!
This is why I was thinking of hitting a lesser-known store. Actually, I'm not sure if Best Buy's systems do street dating.

I would have thought so, too. I was just at my usual one (Holland, Michigan) today and they didn't have any out yet, nor any 3DSXL bundles.
They might not put them out immediately. Tomorrow or Thursday would be my guess as to when they'd become available.

daydream

Banned
I'm also tempted to invent some story involving vacation and a plane ride to get it a few days earlier. But I'm not that desperate (yet). The US impressions could push me over the edge, though.

Animekatt

Who ever is going to a Best Buy store, have them check the street date in the RSS. Sometimes the date changes, and the employees won't have a clue, since it may happen without notice. (Used to work at a BBY)

Animekatt

Would they be able to tell you if you called up or would you have to go there to check?

They can maybe tell you if you call them. Just be insistent on them checking the RSS. When I called earlier, the girl I spoke to wouldn't check for me, and I wasn't feeling up to debating her. Buuuut on second thought, I should find out who the manager is, and ask them. Hmmm.

zigg

They can maybe tell you if you call them. Just be insistent on them checking the RSS. When I called earlier, the girl I spoke to wouldn't check for me, and I wasn't feeling up to debating her. Buuuut on second thought, I should find out who the manager is, and ask them. Hmmm.
You sound good at this. Can I get you to work my local store for me? ;)

Philia

Is he lurking on this thread XD? Cause if we added him he won't know unless he's lurking at every page XD

Well he did post his email address on the public sheet before (where I got it from). So, if anyone wanted to add him, they could pm me for the address or I can ask him personally to see if he wants to add anyone.

Wait, Best Buys are selling early?

God, if I wasn't incredibly strapped for cash and getting the AC 3DSXL bundle... I would totally go and check tonight...

Admittedly, I still almost kind of want to check...

Why the hell do I have to do a bunch of parental guardian crap to check my swapnotes over spotpass when I'm over 18? There's no way to turn parental guardian stuff off, and it acts like i'm an 8 year old.

MoonGred

I feel like AC will be one of those games that you will always want to play, even if its for 20 min. Nothing is worse than wanting to play but not having the cartridge with you. I did the same with MH, and have not regretted it since.
I don't think id go full digital though.

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
I'm going physical. I'm a physical purist so that is how I always go. I don't have enough money for the pop tart 3ds anyway. I would've if I had the cash.

Unicorn

Anyone else have any luck finding it in stock? Tempted to call up local Best Buy...
None in Arizona (phoenix area). Went to one and they looked it up on the computer (not on shelf). Basically just pulled up the website with release date not a POS or anything. I then called another store nearby and she said they didn't have it in stock and no stores nearby had it in stock yet either.

Seriously, this is the worst parental controls crap I have ever seen in any electronic system. I have to wait for an email with a code to be able to disable parental settings even though I'm over 18? What the hell? -_-

soulx

Banned
So I just booted up Wild World for the first time in like 5 years and found a letter that I wrote to my "future self" there about my life at that point and my hopes for the future. Brought back all sorts of feelings. Damn, time sure does fly.

...now i'm hyped for new leaf. :D

1upmuffin

My friend tried to buy a Poptart but they were sold out in the Gamestop and Best Buy near us. He ended up getting a 3DS XL and preordered the game seperately.

Animekatt

So I just booted up Wild World for the first time in like 5 years and found a letter that I wrote to my "future self" there about my life at that point and my hopes for the future. Brought back all sorts of feelings. Damn, time sure does fly.

...now i'm hyped for new leaf. :D

Hey that's pretty cool. Like a letter time capsule. I will probably do this in NL now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom