• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philia

So the Poptart 3DS is the Blueberry one, right?
Need to know so I can get some in for release day. =D

Well... there's several. I still think the cupcake poptart fits the most accurately.

Confetti-Cupcake-Pop-Tarts-printable-coupon-241x300.jpg

I had these last week and they were... okay. I wouldn't recommend it.

gpop.jpg

The grape one isn't made anymore since '07.

poptart.jpg

Frosted Strawberry is still around I think.

XaosWolf

Well... there's several. I still think the cupcake poptart fits the most accurately.

gpop.jpg

F that, strawberry frosted was the only one I remember as a kid that had the rainbow sprinkles. Blueberry also tasted horrible.

Ah, well I think Frosted Blueberry is as close as I'm getting in the UK.

I had WILD Grape ones not long back though. The ones that are bright-green on purple.

Best Buy over near me didn't break the street date. Nor did other others. Just picked up a larger SD card however and will just grab the digital version asap.

Clefargle

I made a swapnote for some peeps on here about collaborating to create a weekly thread/swapnote to feature one members house, town, patterns, ect. We could utilize the screenshot feature to have people vote for the next weeks winners in the previous weeks thread. It could even update people on potential holidays and dlc drops. I know eudaemonic plans to do a regular stalk market swapnote. I'm just brainstorming here and think there is the potential of doing something unique with both formats.

Elija2

Can the 3DS browser upload images to image hosting sites? Seems like that would be the easiest way to share screenshots and patterns.

Can the 3DS browser upload images to image hosting sites? Seems like that would be the easiest way to share screenshots and patterns.

Hopefully it finally gets Miiverse sometime soon after E3 and we'll be able to just upload screenshots there. Hopefully...

Chopper

Sorry to interrupt the Poptart chat, but can anyone confirm whether the catalogue is a comprehensive "guide" for collecting every obtainable item in the game, or if there are omissions such as Gracies special wallpapers and carpets or DLC items?

Elija2

Hopefully it finally gets Miiverse sometime soon after E3 and we'll be able to just upload screenshots there. Hopefully...

Knowing Nintendo, it'll come out near the end of the year.

3DS browser is slow as heck.
Even if you can use uploading sites on it, it'll be a painful experience.

Yeah, but it's better than turning off your 3DS and putting the SD card into a computer.

MoonGred

gpop.jpg

poptart.jpg

Thanks guys, craving poptarts now, if only they weren't so freaking expensive

OneLetter

On a great note, I've got my ACNL Prima guide coming my way. According to my buddy at Prima, the hard copy comes with a code for the digital guide as well. :D

Soul Beat

Why are you guys even talking about Pop Tarts?

Anyway, the store I work at is only getting 4 copies of the game. Also, they haven't been shipped yet which makes me a sad panda. :(

Gigglepoo

Either way it's a weird concidence lol. Wasn't really attacking just making an observation.

We tend to score harsher. Just know that I loved Wild World and I love New Leaf. I've given an 8.5 to my personal GotY in the past (Crack in Time, Dead Rising 2, Terraria), so an 8.0 is a terrific score.

gpop.jpg

poptart.jpg

Wild Grape and Blueberry are the best Pop-Tarts.

I get it guys, the AC 3DS looks like Poptarts... but may be best to tone down the OT or this thread will be closed before New Leaf even comes out.... Let alone before the poor Europeans get it.

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
We tend to score harsher. Just know that I loved Wild World and I love New Leaf. I've given an 8.5 to my personal GotY in the past (Crack in Time, Dead Rising 2, Terraria), so an 8.0 is a terrific score.
It's good to see the stricter scoring. Lot more credible than all the ridiculously high scores.

Labrys

Not on the shelf, or on the shelf and not sellable?

I'm particularly interested if anyone runs into the latter case.
Not on the shelf or in the back. They haven't gotten their shipment yet. The guy who helped me was very nice about it, though.

SmithnCo

I get it guys, the AC 3DS looks like Poptarts... but may be best to tone down the OT or this thread will be closed before New Leaf even comes out.... Let alone before the poor Europeans get it.

Well, poptarts are better than what usually sidetracks this thread(s) at least.

Philia

These were always superior to poptarts.

LOL I've not tried those.

FUCK

The website only does pickup

in South Carolina

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Aw!

OKAY, to NOT DERAIL the thread lol, I'll go ahead and post my "first day in town business". :)

Okay. First thing I do when I open up my town?

Name my character Philia, my town Destiny (Hope the Tales fans catch this reference... :3 ) and pick my layout to be either these...

jRSHPel.png
orhkQxW.png
FcHMAqE.png

if not available... RESET. Layout is a HUGE deal for me. You don't even KNOW. Source and explanation on layouts...

Pick my face with "I don't remember, I'm moving, and I don't think so" choices.

Pick my hair with Forest Town and Business/Fresh choices.

Go around and see what fruit I got. Upload my new avatar on GAF with any of these icons attached.

lLHkU6y.png
CapuK4Q.png
UOdpMvs.png
bJ0sTn4.png
fzhMggB.png
u2lWxJF.png

Everyone starts with a native fruit, you don't have any other fruit on that list. You can get more by visiting. There's benefits to this because you can sell foreign fruit for more money or your native fruits for more money in a friends' town. Anyway, I thought it'd be helpful for everyone in the thread to assign your native fruit icon to your avatar to let people know which ones you got.

Then, I'll check out which neighbors I got.

I'll list them here on GAF which ones I got. I don't personally prefer any villager except the friendly peppy ones (Rosie especially).

Next I'll head to the shops and try to get one of the tools they're selling.

Fishing Rod or Bug Net or a Shovel. These are the money making tools you need immediately imho. Axe is to clear away trees you don't like in an area. I do wish I can remove rocks though.

I'll go around my town and check out the placement of my neighbors houses and shops and see if I can pick a very nice wide area for an orchard for all kinds of fruits I'll get from trading with other GAFfers. Ditto with a garden of flowers.

After that, I'll check with GAF and see if any of my friends had added me back :D and I'll go trading with them for their fruits.

I'd want to buy their tools but I imagine they'd already bought it or need it eventually. But yeah only then the next day we'll see if we got dupes that we don't need and that we can share with others.

After the bit of trading and the like, I'll see if I have enough bells to buy a nice set of outfit to match my preferred character or something. Philia wore a white robe with red sash and green embroidery. Its lovely but there's no QR right now that fits that. I'll have to mess with the design of similar ones out right now for a bit.

Depending on which tool(s) I got, the rest can happen.

After I get all that, I'll dig up every chicken scratch I find, pick up all the flowers to assign in a garden alcove somewhere. I'll go bug catching/fishing if the hours haven't passed for those specific ones or carry on for those which haven't.

Bug/Fishing can go for all day because there's still a LOT to get. After I get all of those (fossils, bugs, fish) I'll donate to the museum to make Blathers happy lmao.

I won't chop down my trees until I get all of the fruits I can get to assign to manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom