• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how many different villagers there are, and if its possible to have all of them?

I believe someone say 303... and no, you can't possibly have anywhere near all of them at the same time. They will "swap" themselves out from time to time so you'll always get a mix of people.

Bananas aren't native, though...?

Aren't they beach fruits? You get either bananas or coconuts on your beach, I believe.
I believe someone say 303... and no, you can't possibly have anywhere near all of them at the same time. They will "swap" themselves out from time to time so you'll always get a mix of people.
In additon they may have the same personalities... in which case try to make one leave XD

Chopper

For new page:
Sorry to interrupt the Poptart chat, but can anyone confirm whether the catalogue is a comprehensive "guide" for collecting every obtainable item in the game, or if there are omissions such as Gracies special wallpapers and carpets or DLC items?

Alex

Throwing up my lonely little friend code again, I hadn't bothered to do anything with it, swapnote, etc until yesterday, but this is pretty fun so I'll keep it going:

4038-7456-8368

GMT7

Marvie_3

Banned
OKAY, to NOT DERAIL the thread lol, I'll go ahead and post my "first day in town business". :)
That's like....a lot of planning. I'm just gonna go with the flow man.

YByrII7.png

Another day of City Folk done. My town's inevitable destruction is getting much closer. Just hope someone new moves in before Sunday morning

Kiryu

Should I get eShop or get retail game? I own all 3DS retail games in my shelves.

I only have Fire Emblem eShop game on my Fire Emblem 3DS.

Should I get eShop or get retail game? I own all 3DS retail games in my shelves.

I only have Fire Emblem eShop game on my Fire Emblem 3DS.

Due to animal crossing's real time nature, I would highly recommend going digital so you can access it all times without having to worry about a cartridge. The only real downside is that you cannot have a physical box to collect.

MoonGred

I was looking at these layouts too, haha. No crazy squiggly rivers for me.

Ive been looking at these layouts but seeing as i haven't played an AC game before, i don't really know what is good or bad. Is there even such a thing, or is it just personal preference?

Philia

How large are the towns compared to WW/CF?

People were saying NL's number of acres is smaller than the previous games... but it could be superficial for several reasons... so I have no clue to make an accurate comparison.

Ive been looking at these layouts but seeing as i haven't played an AC game before, i don't really know what is good or bad. Is there even such a thing, or is it just personal preference?

When you play a game REALLY long enough, some of the paths gets REALLY irritating in terms of running around and reaching Nook's in time and so on and so on. And also there's a garden/orchard planning that could benefit from a good layout too.

injurai

Banned
Well if you didn't get into the others, then you might not be able to get into this one as the formula hasn't changed much from the beginning. Though this one does allow you to be mayor so you can build town structures and set ordinances and stuff. This seems to be the best AC game yet to jump in though!

Well, I enjoyed GBA Sims Bustin Out, which is pretty much moving to a new town, doing odd jobs and climbing the social ladder while decking out your various homes.

However that game at a ton of really crazy secrets to explore like a haunted house, secret island paradise, rocket ships, underground sewer.

AC seems very similar, and maybe it's the pace of the game or maybe the debt and the recurring yard work. All my friends are going crazy over the series except me.

Kiryu

Due to animal crossing's real time nature, I would highly recommend going digital so you can access it all times without having to worry about a cartridge. The only real downside is that you cannot have a physical box to collect.
That's why I had to decide... Digital is better to go with but I own all physical box to collect...

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
LOL. I spent 400 hours in WW. I know what I'm doing and going for.

What makes those town layouts horrible? I saw your post, but you didnt explain WHY these were bad. Not mocking, just curious.

In the past games it was a pretty big deal because what you got was all you had to deal with forever. In this version you can build bridges as mayor so it's not as big of a deal because you can add more ways across the river if the default bridges you're given are in bad locations.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Read my previous post.

Some of the other layouts dont seem bad for reaching Nook either. Like this one:

Has everything on one side and close together, that should cut down on walking times for the shops and extra buildings by a lot.

Philia

Some of the other layouts dont seem bad for reaching Nook either. Like this one:

Has everything on one side and close together, that should cut down on walking times for the shops and extra buildings by a lot.

Oh yeah, there's extra bridges too! No biggie then. I just prefer not to have too much river taking up valuable space.

Toma

Oh yeah, there's extra bridges too! No biggie then. I just prefer not to have too much river taking up valuable space.

Ah yeah, I can see that. It probably makes a difference if a river takes up 9 instead of 6 spaces.

Marvie_3

Banned

That layout is awesome.

Kiryu

I would just not "Reset" to get good layout. I will enjoy what I have in first place that I ever touch in my AC:NF :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom