• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

XaosWolf

Oh.
I wouldn't say it's creepy, it's.... charming. Yeah, charming.

I'd much rather have this:
tumblr_m5daruJTvS1qeg6edo1_500.gif

I meant as in ones that washed up on the beach. Damn it it's been a long time since I visited Animal Crossing. =/

Philia

I meant as in ones that washed up on the beach. Damn it it's been a long time since I visited Animal Crossing. =/

Ah, yeah its only coconut that does this. You have a set group of "Village Native Fruits", Palm Native Fruits and Island Fruits.

There's only two Palm which were coconut and banana. The icons I've listed were the Village native fruits that are rare and hard to obtain outside of gifts from neighbors and the like.

Different question: How long do you approximately need to play until you can meet up with someone else in his town?

Not long I hope! We should be able to trade immediately after everything is established.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Different question: How long do you approximately need to play until you can meet up with someone else in his town?

darklin0

Banned
I'm HOPING for cherries, but I would be happy with apples.
Cherries! My second choice is butt fruit.
Dunno if I should use the internet to get a specific hair and face or if I should just do it regularly. I just know my answers are gonna get me something dumb or weird. They always do. Even in the original PMD I was always getting Pokemon like Machop and Psyduck. But at the same time I don't want to use any outside help on my first time playing an Animal Crossing game. Hrm.
I will probably do it live. As long as I don't get stoneey baloney or the one that looks like he stares into your soul.
I'm more tolerable to these kinds of things so I didn't hate her, but I can see why others did.
It was that fact that she had to stop me to tell me everything I knew that drove me nuts.

Acid08

Banned

I will probably do it live. As long as I don't get stoneey baloney or the one that looks like he stares into your soul.

It was that fact that she had to stop me to tell me everything I knew that drove me nuts.
Stoney baloney is god tier AC. How dare you.

Philia

How do you get bananas again? A little confused.

If you don't start with it, you'll definitely need to trade with someone who does. As I understand it... you're resetting til you get "Butt" fruits? The odds of getting them BOTH.. is uh... yeah kinda low.

bomblord

Banned
A little off the current topic but still on topic..

Can you keep the tent look for your larger houses? I think that tent looks really cool and I would love for the inside of my house to look like that when it's full sized.

Stoof

You copyin' mah fruit selections?!
:p

And yeah, I didn't really need the whole "always tutorial" that is Fi but I ignored it. I still enjoyed Skyward Sword a lot though!

darklin0

Banned
Stoney baloney is god tier AC. How dare you.
But I don't want stoney baloney! If I end up with that face I will accept the fate.
Followed closely by:

Untitled-10.png
or
bigeyes.png

HEYHEYLETSBEFRIENDSNOWWEREFRIENDSLETSGOFISHINGOHCHRISTWHATDIDITAKELETSGOFISHINGHELLOHI
Does be evil eyes.
You copyin' mah fruit selections?!
:p

And yeah, I didn't really need the whole "always tutorial" that is Fi but I ignored it. I still enjoyed Skyward Sword a lot though!

Glad it picked up in the second half cause it ended up making me enjoy the game.

Salsa

I've collected some reviews since this OT is moving super fast and some people might still be on the fence and it's getting pretty much universal praise. I can't make threads atm but I leave it up to a mod if he wants to split this into a review thread since this thread is pretty bloated

GameRevolution - 10/10

Animal Crossing: New Leaf finally evolves and revitalizes the formula, expands on the way you interact with your town in meaningful ways, and more importantly returns the series to portable hardware.

GamingAge - 10/10

There’s charm oozing out of every single corner (across both screens!), and even if you’re not a long-time fan there’s a good chance this will be the entry that draws you in.

Telegraph - 10/10

Every time you open your 3DS to play New Leaf, you know you’re almost certain to experience something new or surprising. And how many games can you say that about?

GamingTrend - 9.7/10

It’s not something that you can marathon, it’s not something you can “beat,” and going in without those expectations will ruin it for you. Its portable nature, plus all of the extra features that they’ve been adding since the first game on the GameCube make this not only the best game in the series, but also a perfect starting point for newcomers.

IGN - 9.6

New Leaf is a truly magical game, one that you can easily expect to invest hundreds of hours in over the course of years. Anyone with access to a 3DS should absolutely give this game a try - just be prepared to kiss your “real” life goodbye.

Polygon 9.0/10

Animal Crossing: New Leaf's addicting, ceaseless progression is all in the service of creating an identity for yourself and your surroundings. The expansion of the series' multiplayer capabilities — a vehicle for you to actually showcase that identity — is one of the best things New Leaf has going for it.

Joystiq - 9.0/10

Yes, it can be boiled down to "just more Animal Crossing," but the introduction of your mayoral duties, a few housing and furniture enhancements and (let's be honest here) the ability to buy your character pants is enough to make Animal Crossing: New Leaf worth playing, even for series veterans.

NintendoLife - 9.0/10

It is apparent from only a comparably short time — as opposed to months and years — spent with the game that Nintendo has done a great deal to address the complaints of its Wii predecessor, and provided plenty of exciting new features and buildings to enjoy.

EDGE - 9.0/10

Animal Crossing: New Leaf has a revitalising new flavour, and in 3DS it’s finally found the ideal place to settle down and make its home.

Eurogamer - 9.0/10

Playing it my way has lead me to the kind of self-reflection that a man in his 30s can't always afford. Why do I care what this leopard thinks of me? Why am I losing sleep over the construction of a virtual bench?

GameTrailers - 8.6/10

Despite the daily chores and bee stings, there's something truly captivating about this virtual life, and you'll grow attached to its endearing characters as you chat and exchange letters. For long-time fans, there's much of the familiar, but the vast array of tweaks and additions to Animal Crossing: New Leaf blow through your town like a fresh breeze. It's good to be mayor.

GameInformer - 8.5/10

New Leaf is one of the most purely pleasant experiences in gaming, free of stressful boss fights, combative multiplayer experiences, or cynicism in any form. Instead, it focuses on clever humor and forming friendships with the residents of your town. Some may find it cheesy or without direction, but I enjoyed this endlessly charming outlier in the current gaming landscape.

EGM - 8.5/10

New Leaf brings updates both major and minor, but the most important of them for me was the push for customization. You’ll now spend far more time making your town just the way you want it to be and personalizing your character to suit your specific tastes—and, really, that’s what Animal Crossing should be about.

Gamespot - 8.0/10

New Leaf is an expected sequel that doesn't stray far from its predecessors. Still, the happiness of your citizens is so intoxicating that it's easy to be sucked into this portable adventure as you live out your dreams as an all-powerful mayor.

Destructoid - 7.0/10

A new leaf has not been turned. Rather, an old dog is on display. Faithful, loyal, and hard to dislike, but you know what it can do already.

Salsa

I dont mind Jim Sterling. Often times all reviews seem pretty bland and same-y, I dont mind having a different perspective from a guy with other standards. Some times he's spot on too.

LtOrange

New to this whole AC thing and was wondering if the different starting fruit varies in rarity. For example are apples worth more than oranges ect. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom