• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

darklin0

Banned
New to this whole AC thing and was wondering if the different starting fruit varies in rarity. For example are apples worth more than oranges ect. Thanks!

They are worth more if they are not the native fruit from your town. They should all be the same price aside from that and
Perfect Fruit.

tumblr_inline_midv4nvUgF1roe3yv.png

The only face for me.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
New to this whole AC thing and was wondering if the different starting fruit varies in rarity. For example are apples worth more than oranges ect. Thanks!

Your native fruit is worth 100 bells, no matter what type. Foreign fruit is worth 500, no matter what type.

You start out with a random fruit, and you have to get other fruit from other people's towns to get other kinds, which you can bring back and sell (or grow) in your own town. It's also possible to get foreign fruit as gifts from your villagers.

XaosWolf

Hey Xaos want to join my Best Friends list? Or are you waitin' for the game to come out before deciding that? :D

My dear Stoof, I would be honoured! =D

Makes sense. But I still can't keep up.

You're not alone in being unable to keep up. Lord knows NeoGAF itself can't keep up sometimes. =P

SMH. Destructoid HATES portable games.

I discounted Destructoid after their Solatorobo review called the obvious cats "Pigs" and also only played one half of the game. Shambles.

Oh, and Jim Sterling is a tit. =D

SmithnCo

That's probably wise. I don't get why he's so 'respected'. To me, he's just an asshole.

When you give MK7 and KI:U both 5/10, it's pretty clear our tastes are different, lol. Two of my favorite 3DS games.

But I digress, in that light 7/10 seems pretty good. An impressive crop of scores so far.

LtOrange

Thanks for the quick answers! One more question for the vets.....is there any way to "re-do" the layout of your town? Can I move buildings and objects around at a later time if I end up not liking my earlier choices.

Stoof

Your native fruit is worth 100 bells, no matter what type. Foreign fruit is worth 500, no matter what type.

You start out with a random fruit, and you have to get other fruit from other people's towns to get other kinds, which you can bring back and sell (or grow) in your own town. It's also possible to get foreign fruit as gifts from your villagers.
I can't wait to make a huge orchard of all the fruits and make a ton of money. Especially with the new fruit stacking!

My dear Stoof, I would be honoured! =D

You're not alone in being unable to keep up. Lord knows NeoGAF itself can't keep up sometimes. =P

I discounted Destructoid after their Solatorobo review called the obvious cats "Pigs" and also only played one half of the game. Shambles.

Oh, and Jim Sterling is a tit. =D

Well then you are my 8th BFF! :p

Might cut it off there for now, maybe 1-2 more, but the rest I can add after playing with 'em!

Drago

When you give MK7 and KI:U both 5/10, it's pretty clear our tastes are different, lol. Two of my favorite 3DS games.

But I digress, in that light 7/10 seems pretty good. An impressive crop of scores so far.

5/10 is a reasonable score for MK7. Complete downgrade from DS in every respect aside from online.

A 5/10 to Kid Icarus, though? yeah ok
Once you get past the controls the game becomes the very best thing on 3DS. Lucky for me I never had a single issue with them. :)

pariah164

I didn't like KI:U very much, but it deserves a better grade than THAT.

And it really is! It's still on the upper end of scores.

So at this point, is it too late to add a friend code?

3523-2067-1712

Instead of just provisionally registers a bunch of people who probably aren't checking the list any more, if you add me, just let me know and I'll go hunt yours out!

Stoof

It currently has a 87 on Metacritic which isn't bad at all! But wow at the 92 on FE:A o_o And the 86 on LM2! 3DS is having such a good year so far. (Though I don't need a number to tell me that since I played the games myself!)

Unicorn

Is there an image with all of the faces with different eye colors? I may stick to a classic face if a different eye color will change it up enough.

Stoof

vSsIOtS.png

Let's not head there again.

Nah, that's Peanut. She's boss. The only squirrel for me.
Whoa, Whoa, I'd have to take them out to dinner first! :p

But in all seriousness I think 24 spots is enough left to fill with the people I play AC with the most.

ZeroEdge

Dammit I both love and hate this thread! Love it for the info and discussion but Hate it because it just keeps reminding me its still not the 9th yet! Damn Nintendo and their Sunday releases why can't the release on a weekday like everyone else :(

ZeroPoint

Neo Member
So at this point, is it too late to add a friend code?

3523-2067-1712

Instead of just provisionally registers a bunch of people who probably aren't checking the list any more, if you add me, just let me know and I'll go hunt yours out!

hey, I added you
my fc is 2793-1373-9307 (still have some room if anyone wants to add me)
Does anyone know an online pattern maker that lets you save your design?

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Dammit I both love and hate this thread! Love it for the info and discussion but Hate it because it just keeps reminding me its still not the 9th yet! Damn Nintendo and their Sunday releases why can't the release on a weekday like everyone else :(

But Sunday releases means I get to play ALL DAY Sunday. If it was a weekday, I'd be at work.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
that destructoid review is really disappointing. I thought they would like it for some reason.

Any word on a Giant Bomb quick look? Do we know who is reviewing the game?

Acid08

Banned
that destructoid review is really disappointing. I thought they would like it for some reason.

Any word on a Giant Bomb quick look? Do we know who is reviewing the game?
There's going to be a QL. Sounds like Brad and Jeff are playing it so the review will probably be by one of them.

Watch this week's I Love Mondays.

SmithnCo

There's going to be a QL. Sounds like Brad and Jeff are playing it so the review will probably be by one of them.

Watch this week's I Love Mondays.

Sounds like Brad's had it for a while. Maybe him. If he can stop playing DOTA and get the game away from his girlfriend.

Salsa

Brad's been playing this game for like a fucking month or something

I remember way back he was randomly playing it during a livestream of some other game, maybe TNT

I heard the catalog is completely gone in this game in favor of the online auctions and streetpass stuff. is this true? if so i think it's really awesome. makes furniture more valuable and stops me from just buying everything in the store every day to get it in the catalog.

TheRayJ

I'll be in Japan for a few weeks after the game comes out, hoping to get a lot of Japan-exclusive items and looking to build my friends list.

Friend Code: 1306-5175-3390

Let me know through post or pm and I'll add back.

Stoof

Now it's the time of day where the thread slows down. :(

4 days from right now I will be downloading Animal Crossing at last!

I am going to have a hard time waiting until morning on Saturday night and not downloading it (I want the physical game). If it was certain that if I ever got mine stolen or lost I could get my games back, I would download it. Also in the boat of worried about my SD card getting corrupted.

What percentage of you guys are downloading vs physical?

I am going to have a hard time waiting until morning on Saturday night and not downloading it (I want the physical game). If it was certain that if I ever got mine stolen or lost I could get my games back, I would download it. Also in the boat of worried about my SD card getting corrupted.

physical media is so 2012

XaosWolf

how most people see review scores these days:

1-7: bad
8-10: good

To be fair, reviewers do seem to be writing them as if that is indeed the system.

All Negative = 1-6
All Positive = 7-9
Mostly Negative = 7-9
Mostly Positive = 5-10

Then there's moneyhats and bias! =D

Anyone buying the poptart XL bundle is automatically in the Downloading category, along with anyone picking it up as part of the "So Many Games! Promotion".

GeekyDad

When did 7/10 suddenly become bad? A seven means its good.

And more importantly, can anyone truly argue his review isn't perhaps the most accurate and objective score-wise? I mean...it's more of the same. The gushing over that from some of these sites is industry jizz, nothing more. They're drunk on the smell of their own funk from playing the game for days on end. Doesn't make it a 9.6, sorry.

I'm looking forward to getting back in the swing of things with Animal Crossing -- the series is an old friend by now -- but come on, people, get a grip.

ramyeon

I'm surprised anyone is buying this physical tbh.

This just seems like THE game to have always on your system, regardless of Nintendo's bad account system.

mb.exe

What keeps me from going totally digital is that I do still like having game cases, and feel weird about what could happen to a digital library years down the line -- but that said, I'm going to download this one because it seems like the kind of game I'd want always accessible on the system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom