• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramyeon

What keeps me from going totally digital is that I do still like having game cases, and feel weird about what could happen to a digital library years down the line -- but that said, I'm going to download this one because it seems like the kind of game I'd want always accessible on the system
As someone that travels a lot, carts and cases are all excess baggage. They've become an annoyance to me more than anything :(

After not playing really any 3DS for quite a while, I'm thinking this might be the best game to get me back into the console. Especially before E3 has me jonesing for some 3DS fun.

Side note: really want Tom Nook in smash bros haha

I am going to have a hard time waiting until morning on Saturday night and not downloading it (I want the physical game). If it was certain that if I ever got mine stolen or lost I could get my games back, I would download it. Also in the boat of worried about my SD card getting corrupted.

What percentage of you guys are downloading vs physical?

I'm going physical too. There's no Nintendo customer support where I live so if something happens to my 3DS at least I won't lose my save file since it's saved to the cart...

I'm surprised anyone is buying this physical tbh.

This just seems like THE game to have always on your system, regardless of Nintendo's bad account system.

I agree that it is but the lack of account system + lack of customer support =always physical for me. Also, pretty box to look at!

Cody_D165

Banned
I've decided digital. The idea of having constant access to my town whenever I have my 3DS on me, even several years down the line, is too good to resist.

and then when I find a physical copy cheap I will buy it anyway

Trying to figure out a way to give this away on here:

cHzY6uh.jpg

I got 2 from work, and am sure someone on here would desire this. This is a deal more for the US. Free shipping. Willing to ship anywhere worldwide but shipping my cost a lot (and paid at your expense).

Anyone have an idea how I could give this out?!?

mb.exe

As someone that travels a lot, carts and cases are all excess baggage. They've become an annoyance to me more than anything :(

I'm definitely leaning towards more digital with portable systems. I'm not sure about home consoles yet, though. If the price is the same, I'm more likely to go physical, I think. At least at this point.

I got 2 from work, and am sure someone on here would desire this. This is a deal more for the US. Free shipping. Willing to ship anywhere worldwide but shipping my cost a lot (and paid at your expense).

Just give it to me :D Haha just kidding. There have been a few game giveaways on here you can look at those threads to get idea's on what you'd like to do.

Bladenic

Never played Animal Crossing, but I'm thinking of getting this one strongly. Partly because some cool Gaffers I like are getting it, and partly because I just wanna be in on the craze and it looks fun and cute. Need more 3DS games anyway. Dunno if Day 1 though.

I almost always buy digital but the Nintendo World Store having it a day early in NYC is tempting me towards a physical copy.

Which is silly, honestly. But...can't deny the need to dig for fossils.

Browsing through what I missed; page 92 out of 111. God help me.

Very glad to see so many new faces and people interested in getting this as their first Animal Crossing game; you shall be hooked.

I thought about getting it digital, but my internet is crap so it would take a long time to download it. Rather have it physical and stuff.

Trying to figure out a way to give this away on here: I got 2 from work, and am sure someone on here would desire this. This is a deal more for the US. Free shipping. Willing to ship anywhere worldwide but shipping my cost a lot (and paid at your expense).

Random name drawing? That being said, I would like that box.

SmithnCo

Oh man, I didn't realize how big it was at first. That is cool.

XaosWolf

Browsing through what I missed; page 92 out of 111. God help me.

Very glad to see so many new faces and people interested in getting this as their first Animal Crossing game; you shall be hooked.

Join the 100ppp group. It's what all the totally zarkin' froods are doing these days.

And more importantly, can anyone truly argue his review isn't perhaps the most accurate and objective score-wise? I mean...it's more of the same. The gushing over that from some of these sites is industry jizz, nothing more. They're drunk on the smell of their own funk from playing the game for days on end. Doesn't make it a 9.6, sorry.

I'm looking forward to getting back in the swing of things with Animal Crossing -- the series is old friend by now -- but come on, people, get a grip.
Animal Crossing: New Leaf has a ton of new features and quirks. Whether this constitutes 'more of the same' or.... 'fresh new experience' would depend heavily on what you think about the base Animal Crossing experience. Reading Jim Sterling's review, I wouldn't think he was overly fond of it since he ascribes a negative connotation to that phrase. Still it's a decent review, but hardly with enough grounds to suddenly make it the most accurate/objective. If anything, his stance is incredibly subjective since HE is the outlier.

JazzmanZ

what the heck is that?

Labrys

Ummm, to someone who asks nicely?

I'll start:
I would really enjoy that giant box of a game I've been anticipating for 2+ years. Could I possibly, please have it?

My town tune will be...the same as my Wild World and City Folk tune. I'll keep it a surprise for when you visit my town; many of you will know it, actually, and it's not originally from a game.

And I'm thinking of having this as my town flag:
Club+Am%C3%A9rica.PNG

But with wooden colors. You know, 'Madera' colors. And for the few of you that recognize it, *high fives*.

GeekyDad

Animal Crossing: New Leaf has a ton of new features and quirks. Whether this constitutes 'more of the same' or.... 'fresh new experience' would depend heavily on what you think about the base Animal Crossing experience. Reading Jim Sterling's review, I wouldn't think he was overly fond of it since he ascribes a negative connotation to that phrase. Still it's a decent review, but hardly with enough grounds to suddenly make it the most accurate/objective. If anything, his stance is incredibly subjective since HE is the outlier.

Being an outlier doesn't equal subjective. It means exactly that -- outside what's typical. His criticisms of the game are the only thing that be measured as objective or subjective. To be fair, I ain't played the game, so I couldn't say for certain. But damn, if it doesn't look mostly like "more of the same."

Salsa

send it to me through mail

SmithnCo

Ummm, to someone who asks nicely?

I'll start:
I would really enjoy that giant box of a game I've been anticipating for 2+ years. Could I possibly, please have it?

Dear FoxMcCloudDS,

You are my friend.
Please give me that box please.

Signed, SmithnCo

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
A single Fruit no longer takes up a whole inventory space! REJOICE!

I've been playing for over a week and I'm learning this now...

Though to be fair, fruit isn't the big moneymaker in NL. Fish and beetles from The Island are where the money is made.

Being an outlier doesn't equal subjective. It means exactly that -- outside what's typical. His criticisms of the game are the only thing that be measured as objective or subjective. To be fair, I ain't played the game, so I couldn't say for certain. But damn, if it doesn't look mostly like "more of the same."

His conclusion that 'more of the same' is somewhat a negative is the subjective outlier because it comes down to personal taste. Just because someone takes a more negative stance does not mean they are suddenly more objective -- just more critical.

But yeah - I haven't played this either! And it's funny because I skipped WW/CF because I thought they were too much of 'more of the same', so I even understand his position. I greatly enjoyed the GC game but it was an incredible time sink, yet all I've read about NL tells me that there are enough new things to draw me in again this time...still more of the same sure, but with enough bells and whistles (ugh lol), that is hardly a bad thing ;)

pariah164

Dear FoxMcCloudDS,

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But I love Animal Crossing,
So send me that box, maybe?

Signed, pariah164

I know ohlawd's Best Friends list already. sergioalb64-1 through sergioalb64-32. I'm cool with that.

Unique town names; GO:

- Arcadia
- Ardaqia
- TownTown
- You-Nick
- U-R-COO
- Posedia
- Coapa

It's getting late.

XaosWolf

I've been playing for over a week and I'm learning this now...

Though to be fair, fruit isn't the big moneymaker in NL. Fish and beetles from The Island are where the money is made.

I can't personally confirm it, but going by what I've heard:
"Fruit can now be stacked in baskets of up to 9 in your inventory to save space."

WANT!

XaosWolf

Everyone please focus on this part. I doubt picking whoever asks the nicest is the greatest decider. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom