• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Labrys

April 14th just says #4. Now I'm even more confused.

NewGorilla.jpg

This is #4, also known as Rocket.

March 18th has to have the coolest animals birthday, am I right?

Nobody's birthday is on March 18th.

I just thought of a scenario I've never encountered before... what happens if you visit a town that has a villager that you also have? Will they act like they don't know you, as if they are an identical twin of some sort?

Labrys

I just thought of a scenario I've never encountered before... what happens if you visit a town that has a villager that you also have? Will they act like they don't know you, as if they are an identical twin of some sort?

In the past, they just acted like they don't know you. I'm not sure about NL, though.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
syTIbyBl.jpg

I don't know what it says.

Rocwell

While catching up with the thread I noticed some people have been adding lots of friends in the same time zone and just wanted to point out a few things. Mainly that their shops close around the same time as yours. So if you wake up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night wondering if you forgot to water your roses and your town is asleep it'll be the same for your friends in the same timezone. However, if you have a bunch of friends from all over the world, not only will you be able to visit their town, talk to their villagers and sell stuff in their store, but you'll also be able to see some of the region specific items and holidays.

Also consider befriending someone (like me :p) with the bellboom town ordinance so you can sell your native fruit and miscellaneous junk there for buku bells.

Question: On your house you can have everything, right? (Basement, Side Rooms, Upstairs. Etc. And have them all maxed out in size.)

Proven

I just need to get around to shopping for friends in other countries/timezones. I've been really lazy because this thread moves sooooooooooooo fast that I tend to skip it or just jump to the last few pages every 20 pages.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I just need to get around to shopping for friends in other countries/timezones. I've been really lazy because this thread moves sooooooooooooo fast that I tend to skip it or just jump to the last few pages every 20 pages.
I only read the latest page.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
While catching up with the thread I noticed some people have been adding lots of friends in the same time zone and just wanted to point out a few things. Mainly that their shops close around the same time as yours. So if you wake up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night wondering if you forgot to water your roses and your town is asleep it'll be the same for your friends in the same timezone. However, if you have a bunch of friends from all over the world, not only will you be able to visit their town, talk to their villagers and sell stuff in their store, but you'll also be able to see some of the region specific items and holidays.

Also consider befriending someone (like me :p) with the bellboom town ordinance so you can sell your native fruit and miscellaneous junk there for buku bells.

I add people from my timezone, or at least around mine so that they will likely be on when I am, and we can visit each others towns more often.

I don't mind adding people from other timezones (I don't really mind anyone adding me at all) but right now I am adding people from around my timezone.

SmithnCo

Awesome! Thanks. ^^ I can't wait to make my house. Hehe.

Anybody have specific themes they will be doing with their homes? :3

My main home will probably be the standard living room/kitchen/whatever, but I also want to have a haunted house. Haven't decided about the other two houses.

Anybody have specific themes they will be doing with their homes? :3

Keeping my desire to have the Modern theme in the main room. Will also use a Blue theme with Sapphire-encrusted stuff, an Ice theme, a Gracie theme, and whatever else I'm in the mood for.

Can other people enter your house when you're not playing? Either online or same system?

Only through the Dream Suite as I understand it.

I haven't bothered looking at the Wiki since I don't want to spoil anything for myself, but I'm sad that even though it's awesome that the Police Station returns... You can only have either Copper or Booker... Not both.

Going to be hard to decide. I do like Booker more but Copper....

syTIbyBl.jpg

I don't know what it says.
My Japanese is awful, but I think the gist of it is: "One day, I was walking in the shopping district when I spotted Shizue and the mayor, who seemed to be happy. Perhaps if I were only like that person, my Shizue would be just as amazingly radiant."

Rocwell

Can other people enter your house when you're not playing? Either online or same system?
You can visit anyone's town via the dreamsuite if you have their dream address.
You can visit other people's homes in the Happy Home Showcase. In Japan the HHS worked with streetpass but it seems they're going to add some spotpass functionality to the western versions although I'm not sure how that will function.
And people you've exchanged friend codes with can visit your town and check out your house when you open the gate at the train station.

SmithnCo

I haven't bothered looking at the Wiki since I don't want to spoil anything for myself, but I'm sad that even though it's awesome that the Police Station returns... You can only have either Copper or Booker... Not both.

Going to be hard to decide. I do like Booker more but Copper....

I have to go with Booker, I love that fat little doggie. Sorry Copper.

Picture frames everywhere.

Sounds scary actually. D:

My main home will probably be the standard living room/kitchen/whatever, but I also want to have a haunted house. Haven't decided about the other two houses.

That sounds like what i'm going to do. I was going to make a creepy haunted house on the outside, where nobody would want to go in. Then when you do, its all really fancy inside. :p You can have multiple houses??

Keeping my desire to have the Modern theme in the main room. Will also use a Blue theme with Sapphire-encrusted stuff, an Ice theme, a Gracie theme, and whatever else I'm in the mood for.

Hmm. That sounds really interesting, curious as to what you actually end up having. :eek:

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah... I don't think you can lock your doors or anything so they should be able to just walk in normally.

Yeah that's what I would have thought, online I know they can't unless in the dream but if they live in your town then I think they would just be able to come and go even if you're not there.

omg can't wait for Chores: The Video Game.

wooooooooo I'm dying where's my poptart halp me...

I look as Animal Crossing as "The Perfect World: That You Can't Actually live in"

No mandatory bills. Freedom. Living a peaceful tranquil life. Hanging out with friends whenever you want. No real stressful job. I would rather live in the world of Animal Crossing and I'm not afraid to admit it.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
I look as Animal Crossing as "The Perfect World: That You Can't Actually live in"

No mandatory bills. Freedom. Living a peaceful tranquil life. Hanging out with friends whenever you want. No real stressful job. I would rather live in the world of Animal Crossing and I'm not afraid to admit it.

Nerd.

Proven

My Japanese is awful, but I think the gist of it is: "One day, I was walking in the shopping district when I spotted Shizue and the mayor, who seemed to be happy. Perhaps if I were only like that person, my Shizue would be just as amazingly radiant."
lol, his Shizue even wears little skulls in her hairband.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom