• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkusRJR

My inner Animal Crossing fan has gotten the best of me. I've saved up enough money to purchase the AC 3DS XL bundle. Do you guys think it'll be easy to find if I waltz in on Sunday, or will it be all sold out? Or will it be coming in on Monday even (a lot of the time products come in the day after release date)? I'm in Canada btw, where the bundle is exclusive to Best Buy.

hunnies28

My inner Animal Crossing fan has gotten the best of me. I've saved up enough money to purchase the AC 3DS XL bundle. Do you guys think it'll be easy to find if I waltz in on Sunday, or will it be all sold out? Or will it be coming in on Monday even (a lot of the time products come in the day after release date)? I'm in Canada btw, where the bundle is exclusive to Best Buy.

I was planning to just head into the store on Sunday and buy that bundle. But I have to catch a plane that day :( Digital for me.

Philia

Could I get a PM to the IRC chat's link? I somehow lost it and I want to keep it for bookmarking purposes.

Sure thing, I'll pm you. :3

Anyone who wants the link to the chat, feel free to pm me. I do not want this thread to be derailed by the IRC talks. Thanks.

Sure thing, I'll pm you. :3

Anyone who wants the link to the chat, feel free to pm me. I do not want this thread to be derailed by the IRC talks. Thanks.
Thanks! And definitely, I understand. This will (hopefully) by my last post about the IRC stuff.

Three more days.

rouken

uh guys i have a dilemma, I'm now contemplating in buying the game digitally. Which I never done for a game before...

can somebody give a pros and cons list for buying digital and physical :) thanks.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
As Philia doesn't want the thread further derailed I'll only post this one final time.

That will link you to a browser based IRC app.

Or:

You know the drill quote to see.

uh guys i have a dilemma, I'm now contemplating in buying the game digitally. Which I never done for a game before...

can somebody give a pros and cons list for buying digital and physical :) thanks.

I looked at it this way

+ From what I hear this game would be perfect for it since you will be doing a lot of short bursts of play
+ Relates to the first since you will not have to switch carts all the time
+ No tax (in US at least)
+ Available at Midnight in NA from home :)

- No cool box art
- Not able to sell the game if you don't want it anymore.

The pros outweighed the cons for me. That's why I have lots of funds waiting in my Eshop :)

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member

I'm considering the same. Never played an AC game, but think I'll probably give it a shot.

I think I'd prefer having it digital since you play in short bursts--I'd play less if I was always having to take out whatever game I was more seriously playing and pop this in a time or two a day.

The big downside obviously is not having the ability to sell/trade the game when I'm sick of it--or if I don't like it since I've never played an AC game.

In that vein, one quick question---how much does the game penalize you if you don't play for a while? That's my one worry as I don't want something I have to play every day or it gets screwed up as I'll sometimes get busy and not touch any games for a few weeks.

Question: has any european types gotten the free downloadable game for any other title prior to release? Wondering if Nintendo will leave me hanging over the weekend for my animal crossing code : (

In that vein, one quick question---how much does the game penalize you if you don't play for a while? That's my one worry as I don't want something I have to play every day or it gets screwed up as I'll sometimes get busy and not touch any games for a few weeks.
Based on my experience in the original AC:

1) A character in the game will tell you how long since you last played (I think if you take a long break or do "time traveling").
2) Weeds
3) Roaches in the house.
4) Neighbors move out of town at any given time.

Other than 4, I think that's the worst of it, so you have little to worry about.

Why is the thread going so slow now :(

Basically this thread consisted of the same 15-20 people chatting about anything animal crossing. The mods didn't like how this thread was a "Low value chat thread", and they warned everyone to stop or bans will be issued. Now, most of those people have left this thread to avoid being banned. Since the thread is functioning like a normal OT now, it has slowed down considerably because -lets face it- there really isn't THAT much interest in animal crossing on Neogaf to warrant 2,000 posts per day.

bs000

You don't have to play everyday. I'm only speaking from experience in previous games, but if you don't play for a long time there's just weeds that accumulate overtime that you'll have to pull, and your house will be full of cockroaches that are fun to squish. It's a couple of weeks before it gets bad and even then you'll only spend 5-10 minutes running around to get rid of it all.

Linius

Basically this thread consisted of the same 15-20 people chatting about anything animal crossing. The mods didn't like how this thread was a "Low value chat thread", and they warned everyone to stop or bans will be issued. Now, most of those people have left this thread to avoid being banned. Since the thread is functioning like a normal OT now, it has slowed down considerably because -lets face it- there really isn't THAT much interest in animal crossing on Neogaf to warrant 2,000 posts per day.

The fact that this thread moved faster than the football community thread says a lot I guess :p

But when the game is finally released I guess things will speed up again with actual Animal Crossing stuff to discuss. As a European that's another week waiting for me though :(

The guys at somethingawful started an image board to work as a QR code repository. There are already a number of neat things there, and it would be an easy place to link to rather than everyone and their mother using imgur, flickr, photobucket links that could eventually run out.

(And the fact that I'd miss most of them as the thread moved)

http://acnlqrrepo.x10.mx/

Regarding the QR codes, since I'm too lazy to look and I also need to get my post count up to get towards member status, I'm guessing we scan the QR codes in-game to get said patterns?

3 more days..

SmithnCo

The guys at somethingawful started an image board to work as a QR code repository. There are already a number of neat things there, and it would be an easy place to link to rather than everyone and their mother using imgur, flickr, photobucket links that could eventually run out.

(And the fact that I'd miss most of them as the thread moved)

http://acnlqrrepo.x10.mx/

Thanks, some of these are great.

lol:

277%20-%20Jesus%20mural%20painting.jpg

I looked at it this way

+ From what I hear this game would be perfect for it since you will be doing a lot of short bursts of play

- No cool box art

The pros outweighed the cons for me. That's why I have lots of funds waiting in my Eshop :)

How I made my desicion wether to pick up physical or go digital. The game is more of short bursts here and there than a long continuous play. So it makes much more sense to go digital. Also I only buy a few games (Gamefly/RedBox rest) and the ones I do I never sell off.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Based on my experience in the original AC:

1) A character in the game will tell you how long since you last played (I think if you take a long break or do "time traveling").
2) Weeds
3) Roaches in the house.
4) Neighbors move out of town at any given time.

Other than 4, I think that's the worst of it, so you have little to worry about.

You don't have to play everyday. I'm only speaking from experience in previous games, but if you don't play for a long time there's just weeds that accumulate overtime that you'll have to pull, and your house will be full of cockroaches that are fun to squish. It's a couple of weeks before it gets bad and even then you'll only spend 5-10 minutes running around to get rid of it all.

Thanks. That doesn't sound bad at all.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I won't call a thread that reached 76 pages (counting 100 ppp) in 4 days "slow"...

It's slow NOW not always, but obviously Chezzymann explained it.

StayDead

So all this talk about stacking fruit, that means that you can have any one fruit type in a single inventory slot (to a max of maybe 10)?

If that's the case, that is good news!

It's 9 per slot of inventory. It doesn't stack automatically though so you have to stack it as you pick it up.

rouken

I looked at it this way

- No cool box art

thank you :) very insightful. i think i'll now probably go digital. it really beats getting up and going to the store in the morning to buy it.

Tangeroo

A friend of mine left me a little bundle last night!

ibqRzYXlyjSgcl.jpg

Now I just need to figure out how to transfer my old system to my new baby without obliterating my copy of Animal Crossing!

beta_fuse

j6x66m9TWCE9w.jpg

Now I just need to figure out how to transfer my old system to my new baby without obliterating my copy of Animal Crossing!

:O Lucky you! System transfer is pretty simple just follow the on-screen instructions.

Linius

Oh btw, these paintings you can get with QR codes don't cost you any bells to actually place in your house or something? Or is that not possible?

darklin0

Banned
Pretty cool. Spotted an Gryffindor outfit on that webite. Awesome stuff.
There were some flags from all four that were pretty cool.
DEAR GOD!

I had no idea this was possible.

Can't wait for some Doctor Who paraphernalia.
Yeah there is some pretty cool stuff made already.

Removing pic to remove serial
So jealous.

zigg

Been scanning the local shops (including a few Meijers.) The best I got was a gal who told me I could buy it tomorrow. (?!)

I just read about the fact that not only can you stack fruit (YESSS), but you can also assign various tools to the d-pad for quick swapping (YESSSSSSSSSS).
The d-pad thing was in City Folk, but YESSSSSSS indeed. Now let's get stacking sea bass and I'll be Super Happy Man.

Physical:
+ resellable (as if you'd ever want to)
+ can be on sale for less than $34.99
+ town saves to some hardcore reliable save chip Nintendo was having a hard time finding in Japan for awhile
+ can get early if you're lucky
- you might lose the card somehow
- some people have pathological opposition to physical media

Digital:
+ always on your system
+ don't have to worry about stock (sounds like store allocations are low)
- subject to losing your town (though not your license) over SD card corruption, can't back up save (specific to this game… of course, I'm not aware of a way to back up the physical version either)
- might be slow to save if you have a slow SD

darklin0

Banned
Oh btw, these paintings you can get with QR codes don't cost you any bells to actually place in your house or something? Or is that not possible?

I think the only fee is when you got to the Able Sisters and pay to create the design. After ou have it you can place it as much as you want.

Linius

I think the only fee is when you got to the Able Sisters and pay to create the design. After ou have it you can place it as much as you want.

Okay, that's good to know. I'm not that creative but I'm sure the internet is. Bookmarked that website for future use :D

Also, the screenshot option is something I really like. Think I'll use it a lot.

zigg

Well, i have the 4gb SD card that came with the 3dsXL

Will it be slow?
Dunno what that card's actual rating is, but I'm sure it'll be OK.

Some other cards are indeed dreadfully slow though. I originally replaced my original 2GB with a 4GB microSD I had lying around and it was awful. Now I'm rocking a 32GB Sandisk Ultra instead and it's very nice.

People are getting the game already!?
I'm trying, man. But those darn cashiers are blocking me! Like I said, though, local Meijer clerk said tomorrow, which I'm kind of amazed at—probably enough to go back and check in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom