• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangeroo

I completely forgot that the game supports screencaps:

Qthef1T.jpg

Tangeroo

How are you hosting them? Is there an option to host them online directly from the game or do you just have to upload them from your SD card?

That's the downside. The photos automatically save to your photo folder on your SD card and then you have to copy them from the SD card to your PC to upload them.

womp

Going to trade in a few 360 accessories tonight to Gamestop to get in on that bonus credit and preorder two copies for $8. Cancelled my old ass NewEgg preorder already since I am getting the wife the XL bundle.

Then on Sunday morning will head to TRU and get my five year old a copy using his $25 gift card from his birthday and price match it with KMart's ad.

After getting off the phone with Gamestop, the girl who answered said I could get two copies....no problems at all. I guess the 'tight allocation' may be store specific.

zigg

Is it only the main Mii? Or can I snag one for any of the ten or so Gold-Pantsers I've snagged?
Smithnco noted above you can use any Mii, though I imagine it would have to be a Mii in Mii Maker, not in StreetPass Plaza.

How are you hosting them? Is there an option to host them online directly from the game or do you just have to upload them from your SD card?
Nintendo has a site (currently in Japanese, planned to be localized to at least Europe), https://i.nintendo.net/, which can post screenies on an SD to Twitter or Tumblr from the 3DS web browser, but it will only deal with either Animal Crossing or Tomodachi screenshots.

I wondered several days ago if it would work with the North American or European versions of New Leaf. To my knowledge, nobody's tried it yet.

If all that fails, there's always http://tw3ds.com/, which will link to Twitter and can post any SD screenshot (I used it with Style Savvy as a test.)

Officially going for a TARDIS/Doctor theme for my town. This is my first AC so I'm not sure how involved that will be. Having a clear purpose of what I plan to do with the game has me a lot more excited.

SmithnCo

Officially going for a TARDIS/Doctor theme for my town. This is my first AC so I'm not sure how involved that will be. Having a clear purpose of what I plan to do with the game has me a lot more excited.

There's a phone box furniture item... I wonder if they let you make it blue. That would be awesome, haha.

Yofaycesux

Neo Member
Smithnco noted above you can use any Mii, though I imagine it would have to be a Mii in Mii Maker, not in StreetPass Plaza.

Niiice. I've managed to snag four of the RE:R gold's, Miamoto, and I think Reggie, amongst others. All in my Mii maker.

PolishQ

No, that works just fine! You just have to make a "clean break" from one SD to another. Process:

1. Save to your old SD card one last time.

2. Shut down 3DS all the way.

3. Copy files from old card to new card.

4. Start up 3DS with new card.

After this process, the identifier matches perfectly, so there's no problem. If you tried to go *back* to your old card after using the new at this point, though, you risk losing both saves.

Alright, screw it. Buying a bigger SD card and going digital!

Wait, I bought a 32 GB Class 10 SD card because I knew I'd be getting more and more digital purchases as time went on. Can I still use that same SD card for the AC 3DSXL? Is it just as simple as copying the files on the SD card to my computer, doing the system transfer, and then recopying them to the SD card or something?

Tangeroo

Wait, I bought a 32 GB Class 10 SD card because I knew I'd be getting more and more digital purchases as time went on. Can I still use that same SD card for the AC 3DSXL? Is it just as simple as copying the files on the SD card to my computer, doing the system transfer, and then recopying them to the SD card or something?

Assuming you don't have a 3DS yet, once you get your AC 3DSXL, you should be able to pop in your new SD card and Animal Crossing will be in your download history from the eShop. I was under the impression that you could just copy it from one SD card to another but that didn't work for me. I had to download the game from my download history.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I don't even think you need to copy the files onto your computer, but better safe than sorry I guess.
Hoo, but I digress, it is that simple.

Revven

I'm having one of my friends over on Saturday and we're both gonna download it at midnight. It's gonna be the sickest thing everrrrrrr (assuming it doesn't take eons to download, lol).

My copy is coming from Newegg but I preordered it all the way last year for $29.99. Can't wait for it to come :)

That 3DS XL looks nice. Right now I have Black 3DS, Blue 3DS XL, and Pikachu 3DS XL. Will probably get that Luigi & Charizard ones too lol. That way if one system breaks one day I have lots of extras to play :)

I should get a Japanese XL huh...?

Megatron

That's another downside to buying digital, you can't take advantage of a retailer mistakenly putting the game out early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom