• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleepy

tumblr_m9m3qfGgFc1rswueuo3_250.gif

Shit like this is possible, omg

I said goddamn! How is that possible??? They have all that in the game? or do you make those items?

Assuming you don't have a 3DS yet, once you get your AC 3DSXL, you should be able to pop in your new SD card and Animal Crossing will be in your download history from the eShop. I was under the impression that you could just copy it from one SD card to another but that didn't work for me. I had to download the game from my download history.

Wait, so I'm kinda confused. I have a regular 3DS with a 32GB card, once I get my poptart I can just take the 32GB card and stick it inside the poptart (lol) and it'll automatically have new leaf in my download history? I don't have to do a system transfer or anything like that?

I saw some Animal Crossing New Leaf games stocked at my local gamestop, but the person said that they could not sell them until release. Dammit, why does my gamestop have to follow the rules!

lilty

Wait, so I'm kinda confused. I have a regular 3DS with a 32GB card, once I get my poptart I can just take the 32GB card and stick it inside the poptart (lol) and it'll automatically have new leaf in my download history? I don't have to do a system transfer or anything like that?
No. You have to do a system transfer but since you have a big SD card already you will just need to put that in the new system after the transfer. You will need to redownload AC from the eshop once that process is done.

Tangeroo

If you already own a 3DS, you *will* have to do a System Transfer. Technically, yes you can just download it to your system but it will be the only playable game you have until you do a transfer.

Another AC noob question: How does one enjoy this game with other people?

Kind of a stupid-sounding question, I know, but after reading the OP I'm super-paranoid about wandering into someone's town and doing something they don't want me to. I understand the ground rules, like walk as much as possible and watch what trees you chop, but is there anything else I should know about? Is there any way I can help someone else without worrying about stepping on their toes?

Tangeroo

I thought it was on the card, not yet installed.

So digital is the only way... if the game is already on your system via digital, does it reject a cartridge version?

It's on the card but "installed" to the card just like any other game you would buy from the eShop and install to your SD card. In a sense, it is locked to the poptart (unless you do a system transfer). You can't just pop the SD card in a different 3DS and expect it to work.

Yofaycesux

Neo Member

Kind of a stupid-sounding question, I know, but after reading the OP I'm super-paranoid about wandering into someone's town and doing something they don't want me to. I understand the ground rules, like walk as much as possible and watch what trees you chop, but is there anything else I should know about? Is there any way I can help someone else without worrying about stepping on their toes?

Feel free to water flowers, explore, talk to people, etc. If you dig up anything or shake down any trees, be sure to clear that with the owner. After that its whatever. I've only ever chopped down trees when clearing out old towns in WW, I generally never even bring axes with me. but fishing and bug hunting is totally fair game to anyone.

In short, have fun, and don't take or break what isn't yours. Fish and bugs are pretty much free game.

Tangeroo

Honor system. Granted, only your friends can visit you and you can only visit your friends. Later in the game, you can
visit other people's towns without them being there via a "Dream Suite" which doesn't affect their town in any way

Elija2

I think it would be best to just ask the person about their rules once you visit their town. Some people are more lenient on what you can do in their town, while others are more strict.

No. You have to do a system transfer but since you have a big SD card already you will just need to put that in the new system after the transfer. You will need to redownload AC from the eshop once that process is done.

Ah, so I do a system transfer from the Poptart to my OG 3DS (with the 32GB card) to get Animal Crossing onto my account and then just switch the memory cards right?

lilty

Ah, so I do a system transfer from the Poptart to my OG 3DS (with the 32GB card) and then switch the memory cards right?
If you plan on using the poptart as your primary system you would transfer FROM your OG TO the poptart. If you want the OG as your primary one then do what you said.

I upgraded to an XL last week from my OG so if you need any help or have any questions let me know.

It really depends on the person but as others said, usually fishing and bug catching are fair game.

Feel free to water flowers, explore, talk to people, etc. If you dig up anything or shake down any trees, be sure to clear that with the owner. After that its whatever. I've only ever chopped down trees when clearing out old towns in WW, I generally never even bring axes with me. but fishing and bug hunting is totally fair game to anyone.

In short, have fun, and don't take or break what isn't yours. Fish and bugs are pretty much free game.

So bugs and fish basically respawn indefinitely?

jmls1121

Banned
OK, I have a very important question for you guys. I was a huge fan of Wild World, but mostly played it without friends and didn't go on the internet with it. My wife also loves Animal Crossing (even though she likes Harvest Moon better...pfft).

My question is, without taking price into consideration at all, would it be better for us to download the game on a single 3DS and have 2 accounts in the same game? Or would we have more fun if we downloaded the game twice (once on my 3DS XL and once on her OG 3DS)?

Labrys

For everyone interested in that gif, there is a set of items like that. It also includes a lady like in the Halo games, and you can
recolor the light they give off.

My question is, without taking price into consideration at all, would it be better for us to download the game on a single 3DS and have 2 accounts in the same game? Or would we have more fun if we downloaded the game twice (once on my 3DS XL and once on her OG 3DS)?

Assuming you buy the download for each system, this is the best choice.

Aggrotek

OK, I have a very important question for you guys. I was a huge fan of Wild World, but mostly played it without friends and didn't go on the internet with it. My wife also loves Animal Crossing (even though she likes Harvest Moon better...pfft).

Well you can only have 1 mayor. So probably if you both had it.

jmls1121

Banned
For everyone interested in that gif, there is a set of items like that. It also includes a lady like in the Halo games, and you can
recolor the light they give off.

Assuming you buy the download for each system, this is the best choice.

I'm guessing it is because we can visit each other's towns and play at the same time, yes? Can you interact with another player in their town in real time?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
It's on the card but "installed" to the card just like any other game you would buy from the eShop and install to your SD card. In a sense, it is locked to the poptart (unless you do a system transfer). You can't just pop the SD card in a different 3DS and expect it to work.
Maybe I'll get a pink one and the game on cart...

Double download or bust. There's only room enough in your town for one mayor.

With all this talk about SD cards, if I download and play AC using my 4GB card, will I be able to just take all the files off the 4GB, put them on a larger one later on and be ok?

Labrys

Huh. My Amazon estimate changed from the 7th-11th to just the 11th. Looks like I'm going digital. So much for one day shipping!

A big thank you to everyone involved making me a banner for my youtube channel. It was a tough decision, but I would like to congratulate HawthorneKitty for the banner contest winner! Great work everyone! I will need a PM from HawthorneKitty for your address! I appreciate everyone helping to get me a banner and it looks awesome!

See the winning banner on my channel for friend codes and gaming related fun -

http://www.youtube.com/user/foxmccloudds

Hate to repeat a question, but my original asking of this question has been buried. I'll try again. :)

One of the things that annoyed me about Wild World and City Folk was how long it took to have a friend come to my town. Once we'd decided to play multiplayer, I had to run to my gates, go through the whole dialogue and gates-opening process, wait for them to attempt to come to my city (with all of the dialogue/animation involved on their end), and so on. I liked the 'personality' of it the first time, but eventually I got a bit tired of how long it took.

Is it any quicker this time around? Do any multiplayer elements seem more streamlined?

Labrys

Hate to repeat a question, but my original asking of this question has been buried. I'll try again. :)

One of the things that annoyed me about Wild World and City Folk was how long it took to have a friend come to my town. Once we'd decided to play multiplayer, I had to run to my gates, go through the whole dialogue and gates-opening process, wait for them to attempt to come to my city (with all of the dialogue/animation involved on their end), and so on. I liked the 'personality' of it the first time, but eventually I got a bit tired of how long it took.

Is it any quicker this time around? Do any multiplayer elements seem more streamlined?

It's easier to open your "gate" this time. Porter is back, and just asks you if you want local, long distance or never mind. After that it's pretty quick, based on footage I've seen.

Noaksey

Neo Member
A big thank you to everyone involved making me a banner for my youtube channel. It was a tough decision, but I would like to congratulate HawthorneKitty for the banner contest winner! Great work everyone! I will need a PM from HawthorneKitty for your address! I appreciate everyone helping to get me a banner and it looks awesome!

See the winning banner on my channel for friend codes and gaming related fun -

http://www.youtube.com/user/foxmccloudds

Damn I was hoping to be in your friend list in your video

:D Subscribing now..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom