• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangeroo

So, I was this close to having a copy from bestbuy. I was on the phone, said they had copys in stock, go to the store, don't have it out, keep looking through the isle with some guy, then he gets another guy who checks in the back. The guy tells me it comes out the 4th, after I lied and told him I didn't know when it comes out. He can't figure out why it came out the 4th but they didn't have it on shelfes. He checks the system which tells him it's the 9th, that it comes out.

Redd would be proud.

20101028194451!Redd.png

So, I tried to pre-order the AC XL 3DS, and it's already sold-out everywhere. D:

My only hope is that some stores will have some set aside for walk-ins.

magnetic

I'm starting to get surprisingly excited for this game. I love that it's a title that seems to confuse so many people - a pure, goal-free game about just hanging out and enjoying things.

I think I could really use a game just about "hanging out" in my life right now. The more I think about it, the more it fascinates me - a game where the point is just living in the game world.

(Tried WW on the DS before, but the bad framerates and generally muddy graphics kind of killed it for me. NL looks super sweet with these subtle shader effects going on.)

I'm starting to get surprisingly excited for this game. I love that it's a title that seems to confuse so many people - a pure, goal-free game about just hanging out and enjoying things.

I think I could really use a game just about "hanging out" in my life right now. The more I think about it, the more it fascinates me - a game where the point is just living in the game world.

(Tried WW on the DS before, but the bad framerates and generally muddy graphics kind of killed it for me. NL looks super sweet with these subtle shader effects going on.)

Yeah. I really need a game where I can just casually play without worrying about goals or time limits. There aren't that many games out there that are as relaxing as animal crossing, and that is probably why I love the franchise so much.

Chopper

I was very pleased to read that Redd's items
show visual flaws if counterfeit
in New Leaf.

Redd doesn't get enough credit. Dude's a cool character, even if he is technically an arsehole.

DAhbU2T.png

Quick FAQ
To further induce hype, I'll be running an AC: City Folk stream every day until release. You can watch, mellow out to the music, join in the chat, or if you have a copy of the game (NA or EU regions work) you can register my friend code and hang out on the stream.

Also, June 8th (New Leaf's eve, I'm calling it!) I'll be doing an extra long stream starting at 9pm EST (6PM EST, 1am GMT) where I'll be giving away games live on the stream. But come midnight I'm dropping everything to download NL <_<.

Q: Where can I watch the stream?
A: http://www.twitch.tv/marriedtoletsplay

Q: What times will the stream be on?
A: 5pm EST (that's 2pm PST or 9pm GMT)

Q: Are you playing on an emulator or...?
A: A real wii using an Avermedia digital capture card and xsplit to stream gameplay

Q: What's your friend code?
A: 0992-2728-6006. If you want to join my town, just put your AC:CF friend code into stream chat.

Q: What if I want to chat?
A: Just click on the stream link and create a user name for twitch if you don't already have one.

Q: Will you stream New Leaf?
A: I would love to, but I lack the proper hardware to capture 3DS video and unfortunately it's fairly cost prohibitive for a free web series like ours (approx $400 before shipping). We will look into acquiring it down the road, but for now we're limited to streaming from console based games.

Labrys

I think it has been an in-game song since forever. At least since WW.

Really? It was on a list of "new K.K. songs for New Leaf", I may of been mistaken. I didn't really put that much time into WW or CF, though.

Labrys

You're a good man. At least Redd is upfront about his douchebaggery. Nook is a sly cunt.

He may of been like that in the old games, but Nook is a bit more reasonable this time. You technically don't have to upgrade past the first house, he doesn't push it on you.
IMO he's misunderstood for the most part. Dude gives you a house when you only have 1000 bells on you in the old games, doesn't even bother you to pay it back.

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-3ds-xl-with-animal-crossing-a-new-leaf/109156

Is it worth a deal with the devil?
Yes. Yes it is.

EDIT: My bad, I didn't actually try adding it to my cart.

:O um...I'm not sure but, thank you?

I visited three different GS's and they were all adamant that the window for pre-ordering this has long gone and they're sold out, but I just tried and it just allowed me to complete placing an order, and got an order confirmation email.

hopefully it won't be one of those "Oh sorry we don't actually have this, here's your money back" situations but we'll see.

Question. Does being the mayor in this game give you any control over your town's inhabitants?

You can make your town either a night owl, an early bird, or a beautiful town. Early bird means your townsfolk come out in the morning, night owl means your townsfolk come out late at night, and beautiful town means that your townsfolk keep the town clean (I.E. no weeds, etc. There's also a money related one but it doesn't have much to do with the inhabitants.

Chopper

He may of been like that in the old games, but Nook is a bit more reasonable this time. You technically don't have to upgrade past the first house, he doesn't push it on you.
IMO he's misunderstood for the most part. Dude gives you a house when you only have 1000 bells on you in the old games, doesn't even bother you to pay it back.
I guess. Or he's just fucking stupid.

Quick question: Can I move stuff like bridges once I've paid for them, or do I have to commit once?

After a long think, I've decided to commit to Beautiful Town, despite my awkward sleeping/work patterns. Having booted up Wild World again, I've decided that watering all my own flowers is just too much of a ball-ache.

And my final new City Folk neighbor is.....Opal :/

How incredibly lame. And I saw Pascal talking about laws and shit before he decided to finally GTFO of my town.

MoonGred

All this talk about the poptart 3ds is
really making me want to buy one (they haven't sold out at all here), but I can't possibly buy a 3rd 3ds. Choices choices choices

zigg

After a long think, I've decided to commit to Beautiful Town, despite my awkward sleeping/work patterns. Having booted up Wild World again, I've decided that watering all my own flowers is just too much of a ball-ache.
Watering all does indeed sound a bit harsh. But for watering just wilted flowers, the can upgrades will hit more squares at once now. I'll see how it goes in the end.

ohlawd

so some of you guys have the game already? Dammit I just realized it's Thursday and I don't think I'm close to finishing SMT3.

Chopper

Watering all does indeed sound a bit harsh. But for watering just wilted flowers, the can upgrades will hit more squares at once now. I'll see how it goes in the end.
I might switch out once I've upgraded my watering can, assuming that is what will enable me to hit more squares at once, but I do plan on growing alot of flowers...

MoonGred

Jeez what area are you at if you don't mind me asking?

Melbourne, I've checked with a couple of ebgames and they all told me that they're still taking pre orders, and some local store told me they haven't sold any...

Edit: i just had a look at the website and i can't find it anywhere, for some reason i feel like they didn't know what i was talking about...

Tenumi

Banned
Post this again.

Added -4/-5 timezone, no time traveler night owls. If anyone here adds back, thanks. :)

Cheebo
DanteRavenkin
dkeane
Elija2
Kenai
Lucent
Ndayday
Noreturn
Proven
Smashkirby
SparksterMeta0
spindashing :)
Tenumi
Threads
vagabondarts
Admiral Snackbar
almostheathen
beta_fuse
BooJoh
Brawl96
BroBuzz
bsej87
CrAzYLeGzLU
Darryl
DMPrince
DoctorWho
euphemism
Eyothrie
Firehead
gosox333
Gryph
GundamBanshee
jacob armitage
Marshall Lee
Metal Khaos
MetalGuardian
OneLetter
Rollo Larson
Sats
SmithnCo
Soulmate
Stoof
Vegivo

Added! :)

You can make your town either a night owl, an early bird, or a beautiful town. Early bird means your townsfolk come out in the morning, night owl means your townsfolk come out late at night, and beautiful town means that your townsfolk keep the town clean (I.E. no weeds, etc. There's also a money related one but it doesn't have much to do with the inhabitants.

can you change this the early bird/night thing any time?

Melbourne, I've checked with a couple of ebgames and they all told me that they're still taking pre orders, and some local store told me they haven't sold any...

Edit: i just had a look at the website and i can't find it anywhere, for some reason i feel like they didn't know what i was talking about...

They might have thought you were asking for the game itself as opposed to the actual XL. I'm not sure how it worked exactly, but I just placed an order for it on Gamestop's website even though employees said it's sold-out.

Regardless, I'm thinking each location will have a handful or so available for walkins should you decide to get one after all and have 0 luck pre-ordering.

qq more

So I've just heard the AC 3DSXL bundle is sold out...? I hope they'll restock (unlikely lol). Maybe I should just wait for a Green XL and just buy ACNL.

MoonGred

They might have thought you were asking for the game itself as opposed to the actual XL. I'm not sure how it worked exactly, but I just placed an order for it on Gamestop's website even though employees said it's sold-out.

Regardless, I'm thinking each location will have a handful or so available for walkins should you decide to get one after all and have 0 luck pre-ordering.

Thats what I thought, I did say the animal crossing bundle though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom