• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

GcRayden

Can anyone tell me which stores seem to be selling it early? I was thinking about going out tonight and searching for it!

I live in the USA, Virginia to be exact. I've heard staples breaks release dates, but that's all.

zigg

Loving the text speed.

Also, bummer, i.nintendo.net doesn't work with New Leaf. Guess we'll have to wait for them to port it. :(

zychi

Banned
God, I can't decide if I want physical or digital of this. I'm trying to go all digital with handheld games, but I don't know if I trust my SD card yet.

Loving the text speed.

Also, bummer, i.nintendo.net doesn't work with New Leaf. Guess we'll have to wait for them to port it. :(

So you DID find a copy last night! *chuckles* I saw when you said you were going out. I'll be patient. I have work all day, get some new shirts and coffee after work, and then I have a raid tonight. While it would be grand to sit on the couch first thing tomorrow morning with my coffee and play, I'll be okay. That's what Sunday morning will be about for me. :)

zigg

So you DID find a copy last night! *chuckles* I saw when you said you were going out. I'll be patient. I have work all day, have to get some new shirts and coffee after work, and then I have a raid tonight. While it would be grand to sit on the couch first thing tomorrow morning with my coffee and play, I'll be okay. That's what Sunday morning will be about for me. :)
This morning, actually, on the way to work. I'm just getting started over lunch at work right now. I dunno how much time I have to put in this weekend, heh.

Obligatory:

Residents are: Anabelle, Annalisa, Beau, Cobb, and Soleil. No, I'm not totally sure which is which in the pic yet. :lol

MicH

This morning, actually, on the way to work. I'm just getting started over lunch at work right now. I dunno how much time I have to put in this weekend, heh.

Obligatory:

Look at the cute Anteater couple! It's so... Perfect!

Betty

Banned
How did you take a screenshot of it?

You can take screenshots anytime during the game by pressing L&R, then you just take the 3DS SD card, put it into a SD card reader and upload to an image hosting site.

Soon enough, this board will be nothing but pics.

MicH

I think I have decided to call my town Dewford instead of Ylisse after all. Dewford just feels more... right

I could have sworn this game was supposed to come out the 6th. :/

Also I will spend 100 hours trying to come up with a town name instead of actually playing.

Tiktaalik

Loving the text speed.

Nintendo is dropping the ball in a big way if that isn't working for NA copies at launch. Of course there's no barriers for them flicking the switch on it at midnight Saturday night.

Obligatory:

Residents are: Anabelle, Annalisa, Beau, Cobb, and Soleil. No, I'm not totally sure which is which in the pic yet. :lol

Omg you have the eyes I want lol, they look awesome.

Elija2

Well, my local Shoppers Drug Mart didn't have it. They only had 3 3DS games on their shelves, all of them Mario games. I guess it's just that one Shoppers in Toronto that has it early, I saw a post on reddit that got it early from there too.

newleaf.png

Here's a better one.

Thanks!

Most of the people here moved to a chat room and are now being... well... themselves would be a nice way to put it. I'm idling in there and looking in from time to time...

Let's just say, despite the channel's name and the user's interest in Animal Crossing, there is very little animal crossing discussion going on.

Since I'm being snarked at by some people, I guess I need to clarify this...

Yes, I'm judging you. Yes I think you're weird. Yes you make me feel uncomfortable and old.

But you know what? I love streaming AC:CF to people, I enjoy interacting with weird people (if you've listened into any of my streams/LPs with my wife, you can tell we're anything but normal), and being older is a part of life. If I was seriously meaning anything to be offensive about the above post, I would have been far more blunt and too the point (have you seen my post history on things I don't like?)

So anyone that has somehow taken offense... Get over it.

Now, back to IMPORTANT matters... thinking up a town name. I was going to go with Gargantia because it's the series me and my wife have been enjoying the most... but then I realized it was 9 characters long... Guess I'll go with something GoT-y instead... Westeros would fit, but it's not exactly big enough for that... Winterfell is too long as well... blah.

zigg

Hey guys, unless I'm missing something, fruit doesn't auto-stack. I have to go into my inventory and manually stack it. WTF.

Now, back to IMPORTANT matters... thinking up a town name. I was going to go with Gargantia because it's the series me and my wife have been enjoying the most... but then I realized it was 9 characters long... Guess I'll go with something GoT-y instead... Westeros would fit, but it's not exactly big enough for that... Winterfell is too long as well... blah.

Braavos? Pentos? Lys and Myr are nice too...

http://gameofthrones.net/world-of-westeros/37-cities.html

zigg

Beats leaving all my tools outside my house so I can fit 15 apples in my pockets.
Oh, absolutely. But I still have to keep stopping to do this and reorganize. I can't stack them from the dialog that pops up when it tells you your pockets are full, either. Have to exit out of that one and go to inventory to do the stackin'.

I'll take Bob if you don't want him.

I wish it was that easy to tell Bob to GTFO.

He has shown up in every single Animal Crossing game so far only to terrorize my villagers.

Gonna miss you Boots :(

The other animals say he moved out, but I'm sure he's buried under Buffalo Bob's rainbow colored kiddie flooring.

You can take screenshots anytime during the game by pressing L&R, then you just take the 3DS SD card, put it into a SD card reader and upload to an image hosting site.

Soon enough, this board will be nothing but pics.

.... are there any other games that can do this? Also does it save it as a jpeg because that would be disappointing.

Animekatt

I called around to 3 different mom and pop type stores in my area. None of them are selling until Sunday. I guess they don't want to get the stare down from Nintendo or something.

Tenck

Oh, absolutely. But I still have to keep stopping to do this and reorganize. I can't stack them from the dialog that pops up when it tells you your pockets are full, either. Have to exit out of that one and go to inventory to do the stackin'.

What's the max number you can stack? I didn't even know this, so this is absolutely amazing news to me :d

I can guarantee no store by me will have the game, and if they did they wouldn't sell it. Guess I'm getting it earlier than I would with digital anyway, can't imagine they'd do a midnight launch at a brick and mortar for AC.

I just took a walk to Shoppers Drug Mart (Here in Canadaland) on the knowledge that some people have found it for sale there early. No dice. I has a sad.

zigg

What's the max number you can stack? I didn't even know this, so this is absolutely amazing news to me :d
9 per inventory slot. There are (IIRC, I've saved and quite already) 16 slots.

Is i.nintendo.net purely an Animal Crossing thing?

How do you use it?
You can link it to Twitter (and Tumblr, though I don't know how that works) and upload through the Web photos from your SD card.

However, it doesn't accept any that aren't from Tomodachi Collection or from the Japanese version of New Leaf. IT KNOWS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom