• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeTim

anigif_enhanced-buzz-23631-1349223792-1.gif

I wonder if I can talk you out of ever posting
making
that gif
face
again.

Damn, you guys are soooooo lucky. All the stores that I go to don't allow me to get it until release date. Why do all the stores by me have to follow the rules?

WEGGLES

If it's midnight Eastern like others have said, then it's about 1 day, 15.5 hours to go.

Can't come soon enough. I've been checking random stores with the hopes that it was put out early accidentally.... wandering around town like a lost puppy....

Ugh... Everyone's getting this early and I'm stuck with my unreadable Japanese version. Whyyyyyyy...

Does anyone know if you can use the QR Reader if you are visiting someone else's town that has it unlocked?

Labrys

Ugh... Everyone's getting this early and I'm stuck with my unreadable Japanese version. Whyyyyyyy...

Does anyone know if you can use the QR Reader if you are visiting someone else's town that has it unlocked?

I don't think so. They could scan the QR code for you, and put it on display. You could then pick the design up.

What design are you wanting to use, exactly? It may be easy to replicate it by yourself.

Also, if you guys didn't know, LinAndKo picked another winner for their giveaway. I didn't win. Again.
I have horribad luck...

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
If it's midnight Eastern like others have said, then it's about 1 day, 15.5 hours to go.

I'll probably set it up for Download Later and get to bed early. My wife played her copy for a bit over a hour last night, but when you start at midnight, there's not much open.. or to do.. in your town until morning.

The tent in the beginning is hilariously cute. I've been mostly on a 'blackout' from the game, not seeking out information on it, so most of it will be a surprise. She found a genie lamp already and her two tools available this morning were shovel and bug net.

I'll probably set it up for Download Later and get to bed early. My wife played her copy for a bit over a hour last night, but when you start at midnight, there's not much open.. or to do.. in your town until morning.

Go to bed early? But then you'll miss the fun on the live stream as we burn our village down :)

I don't think so. They could scan the QR code for you, and put it on display. You could then pick the design up.

What design are you wanting to use, exactly? It may be easy to replicate it by yourself.

I have a Japanese town that has the QR reader unlocked so I was thinking I could use that one for some QR codes I want for my US town. In all the Animal Crossing excitement I totally blanked on how it worked. What you said makes complete sense and makes me feel like a dolt for even asking what I asked in the first place.

zigg

Its getting harder with all these early copies >_<
To be fair, there aren't that many. I know, I know, easy for me to say, right. But even yesterday before I nabbed mine I was thinking, objectively, there's really just a tiny minority of people getting it early. It's just that there are so many people that want the hell out of this game.

I'll probably set it up for Download Later and get to bed early.
Yeah, that was my plan originally before I decided to go physical.

Animekatt

To be fair, there aren't that many. I know, I know, easy for me to say, right. But even yesterday before I nabbed mine I was thinking, objectively, there's really just a tiny minority of people getting it early. It's just that there are so many people that want the hell out of this game.

Yeah, that was my plan originally before I decided to go physical.

Is there an actual manual in the case? Or is it the pamphlet?

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I don't really have anywhere I could go for physical that would possibly be selling early. Walmart, bleh, Gamestop, bleh. I hate just being in both, plus they never seem to sell games early and there aren't really any small retailers that care less about it near me. So I'm still digital.

zigg

Is there an actual manual in the case? Or is it the pamphlet?
I will open it and check!

Tri-fold "instruction" pamphlet, Club Nintendo thingy, and "if you like Animal Crossing, buy DKCR 3D!" Those poor people.

Oh and also where the game card should be there is a little post-it that says "YOU SAP YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE GETTING THE GAME EARLY HAHAHA"

just kidding about the last part

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
You guys are going to get the first OT locked before PAL release at this rate.

Where were the legions when I was defending Animal Crossing on GameCube?

Animekatt

I will open it and check!

Tri-fold "instruction" pamphlet, Club Nintendo thingy, and "if you like Animal Crossing, buy DKCR 3D!" Those poor people.

Oh and also where the game card should be there is a little post-it that says "YOU SAP YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE GETTING THE GAME EARLY HAHAHA"

just kidding about the last part

That's what I figured. Thanks for checking.

You guys are going to get the first OT locked before PAL release at this rate.

Where were the legions when I was defending Animal Crossing on GameCube?

I wouldn't say so, this thread has barley gotten 1,000 posts in the past two days now. Its slowing down because of the mod's pressure to keep this thread from becoming a "Low value chat thread".

Fireblend

Banned
So I'm going to the US this weekend (Florida) and am wondering if I should pick up this or DKCR (never played the Wii U version). The GAFfer in me insists I should buy both; so, anyone know of any deal on either game this weekend?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I wouldn't say so, this thread has barley gotten 1,000 posts in the past two days now. Its slowing down because of the mod's pressure to keep this thread from becoming a "Low value chat thread".

I'm not surprised, really. Hah. I had heard the rumours.

Chopper

So I guess I'm the next one on the hate list.

Was picking up yogurt, swung by electronics, inquired, and there we go…

Meh. It's not the OMG NO ACCOUNT system I care about, it's the quality of save hardware. I don't trust SD, even the quality card that I have. And save data—particularly for a game like Animal Crossing—has long trumped other concerns for me.
I would like daily updates regarding your hybrid growing please. I am insanely jealous of your head start...

So I'm going to the US this weekend (Florida) and am wondering if I should pick up this or DKCR (never played the Wii U version). The GAFfer in me insists I should buy both; so, anyone know of any deal on either game this weekend?

AC will be $29.99 at Kmart but I think that's about it for deals.

MicH

So I guess I'm the next one on the hate list.

Was picking up yogurt, swung by electronics, inquired, and there we go…

Meh. It's not the OMG NO ACCOUNT system I care about, it's the quality of save hardware. I don't trust SD, even the quality card that I have. And save data—particularly for a game like Animal Crossing—has long trumped other concerns for me.
AAWWWW man, you got it early too? Damn you :D I told you I would hate you!! :p

Meanwhile in Europe - less than a week left!!!

Most of the people here moved to a chat room and are now being... well... themselves would be a nice way to put it. I'm idling in there and looking in from time to time...

Let's just say, despite the channel's name and the user's interest in Animal Crossing, there is very little animal crossing discussion going on.

Most of the people here moved to a chat room and are now being... well... themselves would be a nice way to put it. I'm idling in there and looking in from time to time...

Let's just say, despite the channel's name and the user's interest in Animal Crossing, there is very little animal crossing discussion going on.

There's a chat channel? :eek:

Labrys

I'd assume as much. At least they have a place to chat where they won't get banned.

thanks running some tests to see if my 3DS XL battery is faulty

24 hours for XL is really really low... With Wifi on, my XL can do 2-3 days. The original 3DS was the one limited to 24 hours. That said, the assumption there is also that you don't have many swap notes coming in while idle... If you have 100 people on your friend's list and you're getting 300+ swapnotes a day, your 3DS is going to go through it's power a LOT faster (since it has to go out of power save mode to download and process the swap notes before returning to it)

I'd assume as much. At least they have a place to chat where they won't get banned.

Most definitely. Don't get me wrong, I love me those people... It's probably more of an old man mentality looking in on a bunch of kids acting like kids and feeling very much out of place.

It would be like if I walked into a Chuck E Cheese without my daughter. I'd just be a random old guy in a room full of kids running around. Totally not creepy at all ;)

(edit) Fail double post!

Sleepy

24 hours for XL is really really low... With Wifi on, my XL can do 2-3 days. The original 3DS was the one limited to 24 hours. That said, the assumption there is also that you don't have many swap notes coming in while idle... If you have 100 people on your friend's list and you're getting 300+ swapnotes a day, your 3DS is going to go through it's power a LOT faster (since it has to go out of power save mode to download and process the swap notes before returning to it)

Is this correct? I was under the assumption that the swapnotes only DL when you open the application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom