• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeTim

You can link it to Twitter (and Tumblr, though I don't know how that works) and upload through the Web photos from your SD card.

However, it doesn't accept any that aren't from Tomodachi Collection or from the Japanese version of New Leaf. IT KNOWS.

Damn. Has Nintendo said anything about making it available elsewhere?

LukeTim

Any EU +0100/+0000 people feel free to add me: 0259-0365-6986...

PM me with your code and I'll add back. Be fun to visit loads of different towns.

G-Pink

Hey guys. Been following this thread for a while, thought I'd post my friend code.

I'll most certainly be picking the game up as early as I can Sunday, and booting up my 3DS yesterday, I realized i don't have ANY friends on the system. Could totally use some awesome people to trade fruits and visit.

FC: 1461 - 6211 - 0741

Salsa

A game shouldn't lose it's value just because a single year or two has passed. There are still sales for the game here and there, although they're retailer specific.

I say this as someone who aims to get into software development, and dislikes the race to the bottom much of entertainment software in different industries has reached. I even look at Steam, and see more and more indie developers releasing games at $15 and sticking to it unless it's one of the crazy Steam sales that happen twice a year now (analogous to Black Friday) or they're participating in a Humble Bundle. Software has a value, and it should take many years and better software that forces the value of older software down.

Digital games dont deteriorate, as such there should be ocational sales according to relevance/how old they are. All im saying. Putting a game for $10 cheaper on once or two instances after a year and a half is something everyone does, except Nintendo/the eShop.

Can someone explain to a noob how fruit trading works? Do I pick fruit in my game and trade it with someone in another game or do you just ask someone "hey, can I pick fruit in your town?"

Phenomic

Since I'm a big dummy can someone point me to the place I need to go to find my AC friend code?

I didn't see anything on the front page, but maybe I just overlooked it.

Thanks.

SmithnCo

Since I'm a big dummy can someone point me to the place I need to go to find my AC friend code?

Thanks.

It uses your 3DS friend code, just tap the friend icon on the main 3DS menu. :)

Megatron

Thanks.

On the main 3ds home screen, touch the orange icon at the top. The little square face.

Edit, beaten.

cacildo

Question:

I see you can still create your own patterns and use em as paintings in your home.

(i dont wanna know more because im on spoiler free mode until i get the game)

Is there any PC software, app or photoshop filter that can "pixelate" a picture with the exact amount of squares so you can just... copy square by square and create this picture in the animal crossing pattern?

(im doing my best at trying to make this question, but i can see its hard to understand what im asking)

Proven

Still want Ankha.
I0YD7EV.png
She seems like the kind of villager I'd love to have and equally love to hate.

Digital games dont deteriorate, as such there should be ocational sales according to relevance/how old they are. All im saying. Putting a game for $10 cheaper on once or two instances after a year and a half is something everyone does, except Nintendo/the eShop.

Ok. I can see your grievance with the eshop. You still get that with retailers doing random sales though.

Ferrio

Banned
So how long does it take to run out of things to do a day? Sounds like the game is something for the really really long haul and you can't do much per day?

SmithnCo

Question:

I see you can still create your own patterns and use em as paintings in your home.

(i dont wanna know more because im on spoiler free mode until i get the game)

Is there any PC software, app or photoshop filter that can "pixelate" a picture with the exact amount of squares so you can just... copy square by square and create this picture in the animal crossing pattern?

(im doing my best at trying to make this question, but i can see its hard to understand what im asking)

Here: http://app.nicofinder.net/tobimy/

Upload an image and it pixelates it for you with the closest colors.

So how long does it take to run out of things to do a day? Sounds like the game is something for the really really long haul and you can't do much per day?

I've been wondering this, too. I don't want to play for only a couple hours on release day before i have to sit on my butt and wait for the next day. Are there enough things to keep you busy for as long as you want to play?

Tangeroo

My first night in Seaward. I can feel the sweet sea breeze wash over my face.

iRBuzxVzDNkJ1.png

The morning brings an unexpected visitor.

iOycKV9jkXxSO.png

She knows how to butter a boy up.

itT1D4yCg2Ma5.png

What could go wrong?

ibyXx31bG6geOV.png

She works quick, I'll give her that.

ibbg6HsQq2g3Mp.png

I've made a huge mistake.

itxmm8iRq0RvM.png

I'd chastise her but she's just too cute.

iS4ff3uI8fcc3.png

One of many milestones to come!

iYzcIhbKhWSvs.png

SmithnCo

Thanks!

32x32?

Yeah, that's the pattern size in NL. When you make the pattern just pick the palette colors that the sites chooses on the side there, choosing palette is a new feature in NL. You might wanna google translate it too, makes it a bit easier.

Tenck

So um, GS wont be able to fulfill my 3DS XL order. Where's the wise guy saying he doubted they'd sell out? I WANT TO HAVE A WORD WITH YOU.

Chuckpebble

Can a town name have a space in it. I want mine to be Loc Lac. Are people mentioning them here to claim them, or just to share?

Revenile

OK here's my friend code, let me know if you add me so I can hunt your friend code down and add you as well.

3179-6067-6459
I just go by "Reven" on it.

Darkgran

I am a little worried about starting this game at night. Does anyone know if all the same animals will welcome me at night that do in the day? Or how does it work?

MicH

I am a little worried about starting this game at night. Does anyone know if all the same animals will welcome me at night that do in the day? Or how does it work?
They will but they might say stuff like "You slept in late today!" And stuff like that. Also some animals go to bed earlier than others. This can be changed with the Night-Owl town ordinance.

Ferrio

Banned
They will but they might say stuff like "You slept in late today!" And stuff like that. Also some animals go to bed earlier than others. This can be changed with the Night-Owl town ordinance.

How soon can you do the night-owl town ordinance?

Mononoke

Banned
Posted this in the other thread. But my 3DS XL Bundle shipped from Gamestop.com I'm so excited!!! I paid for over night shipping, but kind of doubt I'll get it on Saturday (it comes out sunday anyways, and it's rare they will get it to you a day early). But at least I know I'll have it by Monday.

MicH

How soon can you do the night-owl town ordinance?
You should be able to do it on your second day. You need to do collect points to become a mayor. You do that by picking weeds, doing errands for the animals and so on. If you get the 100 points in the first day, you can do mayor stuff the day after. You ALWAYS have to wait a day after getting all the points.

Also it cost 20k bells to change into an ordinance, so be prepared

Ferrio

Banned
You should be able to do it on your second day. You need to do collect points to become a mayor. You do that by picking weeds, doing errands for the animals and so on. If you get the 100 points in the first day, you can do mayor stuff the day after. You ALWAYS have to wait a day after getting all the points.

Also it cost 20k bells to change into an ordinance, so be prepared

So the first player isn't necessarily the mayor.. just the first to get 100 points?

Vibranium

Banned
Hey guys, first post on GAF since being approved, I'm super hyped for New Leaf! Here's my friend code, feel free to add me: 0877-0242-0076 (I go by my GAF name Vibranium on my Mii)

I added everyone on this page and the last one just to let you guys know. PM me or respond in the thread if you add me, can't wait to hang out with people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom