• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iacobellis

Do you guys think theyd have digital copies. Would be nice to just go to the clerk and ask for a digital copy, they print out a receipt with an eshop code- download away. No worries about sellouts.

This is Nintendo we're talking about! I'm not sure if that would work, the game won't be on the eShop until tomorrow.

It should work. Reviewers get download codes ahead of release and can download games off the eShop. I would think Nintendo World would push for digital

Proven

It shouldn't work. Nintendo doesn't sell digital codes ever. Just points cards.

(someone is going to slam me something, I just know it)

Ken

It should work. Reviewers get download codes ahead of release and can download games off the eShop. I would think Nintendo World would push for digital

Pretty sure some guy on the last page said he couldn't download the game after system transfer.

seady

It hasn't been released on the eShop yet, so it wouldn't be until it gets put up there.

Toying around my XL more and found out that I can actually download it from the "Your Download" section (I was trying to do it in the Previous Activities menu through the eShop), now downloading!!

Why Nintendo make it so hard to download games is just absurd.

Lucid07

Damn, so ShopTo just shipped my copy due to high demand, as great as it is I have several assignments to do before the Friday it was supposed to come and now I will be getting it Monday.

Pretty sure some guy on the last page said he couldn't download the game after system transfer.

He couldn redownoload it. No clue if the system transfer completely wiped the game out. Wjich would be real bad. Regardless, if you have a code, you can still get a game no matter if its available for the public. Look at Sonic Labrynth with 3 ratings and how there were photos of reviewers downloading the New Leaf.

afoni

Banned
Damn, so ShopTo just shipped my copy due to high demand, as great as it is I have several assignments to do before the Friday it was supposed to come and now I will be getting it Monday.

I just got an email telling me they've taken payment. Checked the website and it said it was still processing.

You sure they shipped it?

OwlyKnees

Don't sweat it.

ShopTo often send dispatch emails the weekend before as they begin processing early. This has happened on every major release I've purchased from them the past year and a half. It likely won't be sent out till Tuesday, despite having received a confirmation email.

You'll still probably get it a day or two early, but at least that's a bit better!

After reading about the save issue, I decided to go physical copies for my wife and I... unfortunately we'll have to wait until Gamestop opens at 11:00 am EST. Sunday <sigh> so close, but so far away!!!

stupei

Any chance I could also get a pm of store location? My usual two places are still a no go, and I've got to work on a Saturday. Would be nice to have it for breaks.

OneLetter

At this time tomorrow, I'll be anxiously beating on the doors of my local GameStop for the next 90 minutes, waiting to get inside.

...or eating breakfast.

SOOOOOON.

After reading about the save issue, I decided to go physical copies for my wife and I... unfortunately we'll have to wait until Gamestop opens at 11:00 am EST. Sunday <sigh> so close, but so far away!!!

What save issue? I have several games saved on my SD card that havent had issues nor data corruption for a long while. I feel people are throwing propaganda around to push people towards physical for whatever reason. I mean, your choice. Just find this odd how people try to convince each other to go physical or digital.

Lucid07

I just got an email telling me they've taken payment. Checked the website and it said it was still processing.

You sure they shipped it?

Don't sweat it.

ShopTo often send dispatch emails the weekend before as they begin processing early. This has happened on every major release I've purchased from them the past year and a half. It likely won't be sent out till Tuesday, despite having received a confirmation email.

You'll still probably get it a day or two early, but at least that's a bit better!

Yeah, it's just processing at the moment. I put two and two together and came out with 5 after receiving an email telling me they will be despatching them early due to high demand and them then taking the payment.

zigg

I wish I could go to any place that has a chance for many street passes. I really want to complete the AC panel.
Zelda symphony is coming to my hometown late this year, so I'm hoping that'll work out.

What save issue? I have several games saved on my SD card that havent had issues nor data corruption for a long while. I feel people are throwing propaganda around to push people towards physical for whatever reason. I mean, your choice. Just find this odd how people try to convince each other to go physical or digital.
It's not propaganda. I have genuinely looked at the issues, looked at and communicated the facts I know, and let everyone know what my decision is. If you don't agree with my decision and want to go download, that's perfectly fine.

Stuart444

Shopto sent out some support tickets saying they were processing them early for dispatch on Wednesday. They might dispatch them on Tuesday but expect dispatch on Wednesday so you're not disappointed I say :)

Due to extremely high demand we will begin processing pre-orders this weekend. This is to allow us sufficient time to process and prepare them for shipping on Wednesday, to reach you by the official release date.

earlier in the thread it was determined by Gaffers far more senior than I that when you save in AC it creates a number associated with the SD card and the game, this seed number rises +1 every time you save the game.

If the card is currupted or fails at a cetain point, and you continue to play the saves won't match... Im on mobile, or I would have quoted the post... I know that it has been discussed several times in here though. I will switch to PC when I get home, find and post.

It's not propaganda. I have genuinely looked at the issues, looked at and communicated the facts I know, and let everyone know what my decision is. If you don't agree with my decision and want to go download, that's perfectly fine.

Its not that I disagree with your decision since I honestly don't care what you do. I just find it silly how people push each other in either direction of the spectrum. I wasn't referring to you spouting the propaganda anyhow.

Ken

earlier in the thread it was determined by Gaffers far more senior than I that when you save in AC it creates a number associated with the SD card and the game, this seed number rises +1 every time you save the game.

If the card is currupted or fails at a cetain point, and you continue to play the saves won't match... Im on mobile, or I would have quoted the post... I know that it has been discussed several times in here though. I will switch to PC when I get home, find and post.

What happens if the 3DS cart poops out?

You would lose the current session you were playing since your last save... Which to me is preferable to potentially losing your whole save file because the seed number changed and now your game is locked out. (As I understand the save methodology)

Look, I have plenty of digital games on my 3DS, and this was one I wanted to get, given the nature of it. I'm not anti digital....

Midnight release is useless here, every villager will be asleep. :(

I'm gonna download the game and go to bed, I don't wanna start ACNL at dawn.

Fuck you Nintendo, release this shit now.

zigg

Its not that I disagree with your decision since I honestly don't care what you do. I just find it silly how people push each other in either direction of the spectrum. I wasn't referring to you spouting the propaganda anyhow.
Nod. I haven't personally seen what you're talking about, but this thread takes a lot of skimming to catch up to, so I may have missed it. Plus, on mobile, etc.

My reasoning is that this is significantly less likely than an SD failure, since the Flash chip is specifically chosen for this game, has no file system overhead, isn't removable, etc. But yeah, if it did happen, you'd be screwed equally.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Meanwhile in our town..

ibwYC5C6ntUPNX.jpg

zigg

Wait... You can take screenshots..?
Yup, L+R. There are websites that will let you post them straight to Twitter, too, like tw3ds.com. Nintendo also has one in Japan that we can sorta use but seems to only post Japanese New Leaf or Tomodachi screens at the moment.

EDIT: oh, the American version is up? Sweet!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Yup, L+R. There are websites that will let you post them straight to Twitter, too, like tw3ds.com. Nintendo also has one in Japan that we can sorta use but seems to only post Japanese New Leaf or Tomodachi screens at the moment.

EDIT: oh, the American version is up? Sweet!

My wife just posted that screen shot, so I'm guessing it's up? Might have used the Japanese site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom