• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roto13

When they say "midnight" on the eShop, do they mean PT or ET or what? I want to set it to download before I go to bed tonight but I don't want to stay up until 3. :(

Proven

When they say "midnight" on the eShop, do they mean PT or ET or what? I want to set it to download before I go to bed tonight but I don't want to stay up until 3. :(

EDT. Us future-timers are spared the late night pain caused by most west coast companies.

gosox333

I havent been catching up on how big 3DS games are getting but 7GB? Damn. RE Revelations was 4GB. 3DS games have come a long way.

.7, not 7.

About 700 megabytes in .7 gigabytes, and there's 8 blocks per megabyte, which comes out to around 5600 blocks.

So maybe a tiny bit more than .7 gigabytes, but not by much. Assuming the size is for sure 6000-ish blocks.

stupei

Sorry if it's already been discussed; I'm on my phone. Does anyone know if this will have save transfers between physical to digital or has nintendo only provided that for releases before full downloads went up on the eshop?

Went to Gamestop yesterday to just check on my pre order and make sure everything was good to go for Sunday. Apperently they only got 1 order of the AC bundle and I'm that one reserve. They have had several people come and try to reserve since I did on the first day of annoucement. I feel special ^_^ lol

DeadNames

Banned
Should I digitally download this or go out and get a physical copy?

I'm kind of leaning towards digital, but I'm going to be upgrading to an XL soon... woe is me.

MNC

-Mikey-

I just added my name to the massive list in the OP. Please add me! I'm sorta new to AC and would like to experience the best parts of the online community! I recently bought a 3DS too, so I only have one person on my friends list! XD

Proven

Are they displayed in the museum after donating at least?

Oh yeah, of course they are. From what I understand, in this game you'll also get Blathers to tell you more about completed pieces when you walk around the exhibits. Before you only got the info when you first donated.

darklin0

Banned
Sorry if it's already been discussed; I'm on my phone. Does anyone know if this will have save transfers between physical to digital or has nintendo only provided that for releases before full downloads went up on the eshop?

The cart will have its saves in the cart while the digital version will save to your SD card. So I assume you cannot transfer between the two.

stupei

There's a transfer tool that lets you move retail game saves to the digital versions.

Yeah, that's what I was referring to. I wasn't sure if nintendo was updating the tool for each and every new release (of theirs) or not. Especially given how saves for Animal Crossing apparently work.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Giant Bomb has a quick look of the game for anyone interested before picking it up tonight.

I'm pretty new to the series so this is kind of good for me to get an idea of what it'll be like.

Hmmm. I bought my copy from Amazon USA, and it expected shipping to take until next Wednesday. But my order says it's shipping now! Yay! I could get it Monday or Tuesday at that rate.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I imagine it'll download pretty quickly. But I'm still hesitant I'll stay up to play it. After the first fifteen minute introduction, there's going to be squat to do at 1am and I'll be dead tired too. Better to wake up at 8am and start fresh.

Marvie_3

Banned
DKCR was a little over 2GB iirc.
EDIT: I'm a member now :D

iblJXpHoWLgXzo.gif

Sanic

I think I'm going to go digital because I have $10 in Eshop credit I may as well use. I've never done this for a retail title before due to Nintendo's awful DD policies, but saving $10 plus getting it at midnight might push me over. I understand that the game will save to the sd card, but is there any weird encryption that would prevent me from restoring a backup of that data?

ameleco

I really wish I saw that the game was 34.99 in the eshop before I added 40. Oh well...I can pick up crashmo or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom