• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexxism

Saw this one.

580514_659609034053400_1404500015_n.jpg

Mononoke

Banned
What a cruel joke. My Animal Crossing 3DS XL bundle is 15 min from my house, but they won't deliver it until Monday. GamesStop doesn't pay for Saturday shipping (to be fair, might be because the game's embargo). So close, so far.

Sanic

I think I'm going to go digital because I have $10 in Eshop credit I may as well use. I've never done this for a retail title before due to Nintendo's awful DD policies, but saving $10 plus getting it at midnight might push me over. I understand that the game will save to the sd card, but is there any weird encryption that would prevent me from restoring a backup of that data?

Sorry, quoting for new page. Same goes for backing up the game itself.

the 3DS XL comes with a 4GB SD card and any digital save data saves to the SD card

Ah thanks. Was worried it was gonna be a situation somewhat similar to Vita.

Saw this one.

Sigh, why doesn't Nintendo have flagship stores like this everywhere? They should go the Apple Store/Disney Store route. It'd make things more accessible to fans while maintaining and increasing visibility and mindshare of their brand.

So do we know for sure the timezone of the "midnight" eshop launch?

I suppose i'll find out tonight, i just have work Sunday morning and am curious if its worth staying up for.

*wakes up, looks at clock, sees that New Leaf comes out in less than 12 hours*

*shakes violently with pleasure, passes out until hopefully 11:40 p.m.*

Mononoke

Banned
the 3DS XL comes with a 4GB SD card and any digital save data saves to the SD card

Does the 3DS XL have the game installed on the SD card? And if so, how do I transfer that over? Because I have a 32gb SD card I was going to use. Like is the game tied to my account when I set up the 3DS for the first time? If that is the case, can I just re-download it from the E-Shop?

EDIT: I guess I would have to do this (good ol' Google):

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/sy...menu=ctr-ht-settings-transfer-data-between-sd

ramyeon

Does the 3DS XL have the game installed on the SD card? And if so, how do I transfer that over? Because I have a 32gb SD card I was going to use. Like is the game tied to my account when I set up the 3DS for the first time? If that is the case, can I just re-download it from the E-Shop?
Copy contents of the card to your computer, dump them onto the new card, easy.

With the Animal Crossing bundle? Its on the SD card included. If you wanna swap out the SD card for a bigger one just save the data on the 4GB SD card on a computer and copy the files to the 32GB. The game is tied to the 3DS and if you every delete you can just redownload it from the eShop. If it's stolen you cant get it back(unless you call nintendo and file a police report which is really stupid tbh)

edit: beaten :p

I'm not an Animal Crossing guy, but what is there to do at night? I was playing last night at 1am and no stores were open, and there was no one to really talk to, so I had to turn it off even though I was ready to play all night.

Woo! I'm back! (For today. Testing is not as busy today.)

So, I've been playing Wild World for an hour every day, just trying to work my way through the game. I paid my mortgage, visited my girlfriend's home, found a 4-leaf clover, and have found the floor panels and wallpapers that I wanted.

This game series is truly an innovative one, and I can't wait to play the next one.
Sadly, I bought mine from Amazon, and it'll get here on Wednesday. :(

ramyeon

In case that doesn't work, you were right. The game is tied to your account and you may redownload it anytime from the eShop.
It's tied to your system, not an account. So yeah you can download it as long as it's the same system. There's no reason why copying the contents to the new card won't work though.

LukeTim

I'm not an Animal Crossing guy, but what is there to do at night? I was playing last night at 1am and no stores were open, and there was no one to really talk to, so I had to turn it off even though I was ready to play all night.

IIRC, Blathers is awake at night, being an owl, so you should be able to do some stuff for/at the museum?

Or is the museum a public works project?

LukeTim

It's tied to your system, not an account. So yeah you can download it as long as it's the same system. There's no reason why copying the contents to the new card won't work though.

Well, your account is tied to the system... so it's kind of apples and oranges.

Betty

Banned

Visit other people who live in a different time zone and play, buy, sell at their town.

IIRC, Blathers is awake at night, being an owl, so you should be able to do some stuff for/at the museum?

Or is the museum a public works project?

I'm still in the beginning of the game so the museum has nothing in it right now, they want me to donate things to it.

Vibranium

Banned
Super pumped, I'm getting a physical copy from EB games so I probably won't have the game until later tomorrow (and I have work in the evening...) but I should be able to play as much as possible during E3 week. I sent out some more PM's to people looking to exchange friend codes, I'm always looking for more people to play with.

Wont get the game until the 24th/25th. This thread and E3 will be my drug.

Cant wait to play this along with Luigis Mansion. And Mario & Luigi in July ♡

FillerB

Silly question time as I don't have the game yet. What characters are allowed in your (town) name? Just letters and spaces or also numbers and symbols?

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
here's my gameplan: will walk into walmart at midnight and ask for the bundle and hope for the best. That's all I can do for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom