• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
there's something really strange and voyeuristic-feeling about an "official" unboxing.

edit: I think it just makes me realize how dumb unboxing videos are.

My GF isn't sold on Animal Crossing yet, she said it looked boring. She wanted Fire Emblem instead so I got it for her and now we are playing FE together. :)

Good way to pass the time until AC comes out :D

I think she will want Animal Crossing later...

I remember Iwata did an unboxing vid of the Wii U shortly before launch. lol

He had those Mario gloves on. Good times.
nintendo_iwata_wii_u_unboxing-580x358.png

Dragoshi1

I'm thinking of these names for my town;

Borgata

Bambina

Cosanostra

Gonna make my town mafia themed, changing all of the animal phrases to something following the theme, like "capiche?" or something.

Can't wait for midnight!

Betty

Banned
I'm thinking of these names for my town;

Borgata

Bambina

Cosanostra

Gonna make my town mafia themed, changing all of the animal phrases to something following the theme, like "capiche?" or something.

Can't wait for midnight!

I like Bambina but you can't have Cosanostra, character limit is 8 spaces.

As of right now we have three copies for walk ups tomorrow morning. Damn you Nintendo.
How willing is gamestop to break street date? I don't think I want to wait another 24 hours. I don't see why they can't just give me my package and send me on my way at this point :p

Unless that person wants to lose their job and get their boss fired, not gonna happen lol.

Metaroo

How willing is gamestop to break street date? I don't think I want to wait another 24 hours. I don't see why they can't just give me my package and send me on my way at this point :p

It really depends on how close you are with the staff. I'm sure I could break the street date of AC: NL at my local GS because I've been a consistent customer, but I'm gonna be out of town and we're too busy preparing for me to go.

iiicon

The only time I had EB/GS break the street date was for Fire Emblem, and that was due to a miscommunication between EB and Nintendo Canada. You'd have more luck with a smaller store.

Forkball

Can someone repost that program that turns images into a pallet so you can just copy it down when you make stuff for Animal Crossing? Someone should compile a post of all the extra programs or links that would be useful for creating stuff or general gameplay.

limlark

BURNING QUESTION: How many gyroids can you have playing at the same time in a room? In Wild World it was only 4, and they're one of my favorite things about decorating my house. :(

suzu

Dude, for serious. I got there at 9 (dumb of me, intended to wake up earlier) and it was 700 people deep, easy. They had maybe 400-500 copies and sold out within the hour.

Digital for me!

We got there pretty much at 9 too. We were the very last people who got copies! I was ready to head over to Chinatown to look for the game if we couldn't get it. lol

And there weren't any Animal Crossing or Link plushies for sale on the floor anywhere. Boooo.

zigg

IIRC, Blathers is awake at night, being an owl, so you should be able to do some stuff for/at the museum?

Or is the museum a public works project?
Museum's available immediately and (apparently, as before) around the clock.

BTW, museum donation is way streamlined now. You can check a bunch of fossils at once, donate a bunch of stuff (even of mixed types) all at once, and the game will gray out things the museum already has in your inventory for you.

We got there pretty much at 9 too. We were the very last people who got copies! I was ready to head over to Chinatown to look for the game if we couldn't get it. lol

And there weren't any Animal Crossing or Link plushies for sale on the floor anywhere. Boooo.

Whaaat, you lucky ducks. I must have been a bit later than I thought, then. Nice job! You should Friend Code me out of pity, now! And our potential Unknowing GAF Meetup.

3995-7789-8159

Holy crap the K.K shirt. I'd totally wear that.

The event looked pretty cool from those pictures - not surprised it was a madhouse though.

Elija2

You guys are making me scared that my EB Games won't have enough copies. If they don't have it, I just might have to go digital.

I'm swinging hard towards digital now, and I hate myself for it.

The risk of your SD card corrupting is very minimal, right? RIGHT? I'll need to go buy a new one today if I go the digital route... SanDisk is a reliable brand, right? RIGHT?!?!

EDIT: Also, can't you bac, up your SD card saves to your computer? How does one go about doing that?

SmithnCo

The risk of your SD card corrupting is very minimal, right? RIGHT? I'll need to go buy a new one today if I go the digital route... SanDisk is a reliable brand, right? RIGHT?!?!

EDIT: Also, can't you bac, up your SD card saves to your computer? How does one go about doing that?

You could copy the data to your computer, but AC saves in a way that you'd have to backup every time you save.

epmode

You guys are making me scared that my EB Games won't have enough copies. If they don't have it, I just might have to go digital.

God, Nintendo is awful this generation.

The thing is, I'd be totally on-board the digital train if their account system wasn't the worst thing ever. I'm still not sure if I'll break down for Ace Attorney 5.

The risk of a decent SD card failing is so minimal. You're totally fine. The card is safer than your actual 3DS is.

You can but I've heard Animal Crossing has some weird save functionality that stops this from being an option? I honestly don't know the specifics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom