• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

zigg

You could copy the data to your computer, but AC saves in a way that you'd have to backup every time you save.
I have some doubt even that would work. The game saves when you start, when someone comes to visit, when someone leaves, when you save a letter, etc.

Vibranium

Banned
The will of Doom will be executed, so my town will be... Latveria!

Technically it's a country in the Marvel 616 universe but whatever :p

Noaksey

Neo Member
For those struggling for a town name.... try this handy town generator.. as discovered by dear ol' Noaksey.. :D

http://qrcrossing.com/towngen/

picgifs-animal-crossing-0743561.gif

Roto13

Every time the game saves, it generates a code to tell that the save works with your 3DS. Meaning you can't use an old backup save because the code would be wrong.

That won't cause any problems when moving everything to a new SD card, will it? Because I'm planning on doing that soon, but not today.

Elija2

God, Nintendo is awful this generation.

The thing is, I'd be totally on-board the digital train if their account system wasn't the worst thing ever. I'm still not sure if I'll break down for Ace Attorney 5.

Even if I could redownload the game for free on a new 3DS, I would lose my save and have to restart from scratch. If I ever had to do that, I would probably just quit playing.

Even if I could redownload the game for free on a new 3DS, I would lose my save and have to restart from scratch. If I ever had to do that, I would probably just quit playing.

And I feel like cloud saves are just something Nintendo would never do for some reason

Otheradam

2013-06-08144814.jpg

Went to the Nintendo World Store this morning, line was really long and they sold out of the game at noon. So I went to Chinatown and picked it up.

My first Animal Crossing, don't know what to expect!

iiicon

You guys are making me scared that my EB Games won't have enough copies. If they don't have it, I just might have to go digital.
I assume you're Canadian? You could always try reserving a copy on the Best Buy or Futureshop website before they open tomorrow. I've done that for a few games with low shipments I was worried about.

Philia

Can we please start sharing our Twitter?

https://twitter.com/SammyACNL

I just made this one. Follow me if you are planning to buy AC, and I'll follow you back, of course.

WOOOOOOOOO Exciting. Almost time now!

We're sharing a bunch in the chat... fyi. Do not want to derail this thread with other stuff than ACNL... just saying.

In case anyone's curious about why Twitter or Tumblr is important or relevant to ACNL its because of this. http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/image-share/

It allows easy access to your screenshots to upload on either of those. Hence the sharing of twitter addresses or tumblr. :) If anyone wants to come in the chat to get a slew of others' twitters, pm me for the chat link.

Noaksey

Neo Member
Crossing GAF... I need you help...

I have two Friend codes, I can't find the owners.. and cause they have yet to add me back I am none the wiser who owns them..

Who owns these codes

2208-5215-5909

3523-2206-1572

Thanks guys :D

Rootbeer

Banned
can't wait to walk my butt down to gamestop tomorrow and get my copy. Yeah, that's right, I have a gamestop just blocks away from me. It's sweet.

Betty

Banned
Crossing GAF... I need you help...

I have two Friend codes, I can't find the owners.. and cause they have yet to add me back I am none the wiser who owns them..

Who owns these codes

2208-5215-5909

3523-2206-1572

Thanks guys :D

Neither are on the spreadsheet.

Brawl96

So what's the final verdict guys? Midnight download or physical release tomorrow? I'm sitting directly on top of the fence and can't decide. Can someone give me the Pros and Cons of digital and physical? So far my entire 3DS collection is physical.

Chucker

Picked mine up from a local spot. Made Onett because I'm unoriginal, as such I have boring apples :(

FC is: 2535-3966-3895

So what's the final verdict guys? Midnight download or physical release tomorrow? I'm sitting directly on top of the fence and can't decide. Can someone give me the Pros and Cons of digital and physical? So far my entire 3DS collection is physical.

Well, there are no cons to physical that I can think of. I suppose it won't be available as early unless you go to a midnight launch or something. Some people might enjoy having the game always being on their device. I typically only play one game at a time however so physical is perfect for me.

Eyothrie

I'm right there with you. I cannot decide.

I'm on team midnight download, I think it will be okay.

Download
Pros
  • Have AC ready to play in your system.
    Since it's a game where you check often and sometimes for short amounts of time, it is convinient.
  • You technically can't lose the game.

Cons
  • Hard to switch from system to system.
  • When you lose your 3DS or your SD card, you lose your save.
  • There is unforeseen "risk" in the future, due to the nature of digital content.

Brawl96

I'm right there with you. I cannot decide.
I'm currently playing a lot of Pokemon Black 2 and don't want to stop and switch each time I want to play NL, but I'm so against Nintendo's online account system I can't push myself to buy a Full game through their system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom