• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

So I heard the guys at Giant Bomb say that there's an area where the game places all the houses of people you streetpass with. And that you can buy the stuff that's in these houses. That's pretty awesome :D

Proven

While I want to talk more about the game, with people actually having copies I'm too afraid to peak in chat. I want to start out fresh, and I'm going in semi-blind as it is...

SmithnCo

So I heard the guys at Giant Bomb say that there's an area where the game places all the houses of people you streetpass with. And that you can buy the stuff that's in these houses. That's pretty awesome :D

Yup, you can catalog their furniture. Can't wait to take this game to a con or something and catalog a ton of stuff.

I think I want to make a Deadly Premonition themed town. Either way, I have the Whistle Song ready. :)

http://www.qrcrossing.com/melody/?s=eggjigojigoienfn

Haha, that is awesome. Stinks that Greenvale is one letter too long.

SuperSah

Banned
So jealous of you guys.

You have the game in HOURS.
We have to wait for 6 more sluggish days. Ugh.

I need mega sleeping pills..

entremet

I hate Nintendo's digital practices, but this may be my first digital title because it just seems like a non brainer to have this always available, right?

Brawl96

Does anyone know if the 3DS is like the Vita and PS3 how you need double the space of the file size so you can download and then install, or do I need the exact amount of space depending on the game.
Also, how big is the file?

Linius

Yup, you can catalog their furniture. Can't wait to take this game to a con or something and catalog a ton of stuff.

Yup! I reckon I won't pass by too many people who have this game in my area.

I take it people don't have to have their AC cartridge inserted for the streetpass transition to work right?

I never subscribed to the possibility of losing my 3DS in the foreseeable future. That's literally the worst case scenario of your portable gaming life next to losing your hands simultaneously in some freak accident.

Dragoshi1

I hate Nintendo's digital practices, but this may be my first digital title because it just seems like a non brainer to have this always available, right?

Right.

I myself own the physical Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, and I like leaving my CCP on my 3DS for such a purpose.

With AC:NL on digital, I can play that and MH3U whenever I like without popping my 3DS out of the CCP.

iiicon

I'm currently playing a lot of Pokemon Black 2 and don't want to stop and switch each time I want to play NL, but I'm so against Nintendo's online account system I can't push myself to buy a Full game through their system.
Won't you have to stop regardless? If you're playing B2 your 3DS is in DS mode.

gogojira

If I clear out a game to make room for this on my SD card, my save games will still be OK right? I'll be ordering a bigger SD card soon, but for now I need to bump Luigi's Mansion off my card and I'd hate to lose my save.

Elija2

So what's the final verdict guys? Midnight download or physical release tomorrow? I'm sitting directly on top of the fence and can't decide. Can someone give me the Pros and Cons of digital and physical? So far my entire 3DS collection is physical.

Physical
+ Comes with the packaging and everything
+ Cartridge is likely more reliable than an SD card
+ Can use it on other 3DS systems
- If you lose your cartridge you're screwed

Digital
+ You have the game with you everywhere
+ If you have a faster SD card the game will load faster
+ If you download it at midnight you get the game a few hours earlier
- If you lose your 3DS or SD card you're screwed

Those are all the reasons I could come up with.

Jenga

Banned
so how was the dlc support in japan?

since this is a million dollar franchise at this point, i'm assuming ninten has a healthy dlc plan in store

iiicon

Well if it was a regular 3DS game, I'd need to stop too. It's just the fact that I'm playing another card based game.
Yeah, fair enough. For what it's worth, I've found myself playing my full digital games (NSMB2, Luigi's Mansion 2, Layton) more often than I would otherwise, even though I usually have my 3DS game case full of other cards with me in my bag, so I can definitely see the benefit of going digital.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Does Best Buy Pricematch... Strategy guides? Would love to get it for amazon's price.

For those of you impatiently waiting, if you own a Vita come join me in the Toro App. It's keeping me busy until midnite.

Will do, downloading it right now.

Sol1dus

For those of you impatiently waiting, if you own a Vita come join me in the Toro App. It's keeping me busy until midnite.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Wow, saw the pictures with the Nintendo World line...that's a freaking huge line indeed O_O

Brawl96

Physical

Digital

What do you mean "faster SD card". I know about sd speeds and such, but do you mean faster then the one that comes built in to the XL? Because that's what I'm using?

Salsa

the difference between class 4 and 10 is minimal at best, the sd reader on the 3DS is too outdated

nothing to worry about

Eyothrie

This is my Animal Crossing Eve FC posting. Here's my code:
1977-0216-0237

Add me if you haven't already. And PM me your code so I can add you back. EXCITE!!

Physical

Digital

The cons of the digital release are truly few. Both personally and from others on this thread, it's a great convenience. I've been full digital since the XL came out and there hasn't been a single issue. Anecdotal, I know, but it's not going to cause you any problems unless you lose your 3DS and even if you had the cart at that point, you're still boned. It'd probably be IN the 3DS you just lost.

If you need it at midnight, you can buy digital with confidence, dudes. SD cards are cheap, if you buy one that's for DSLR cameras, they're tough and stable. I recommend it.

Sanic

the difference between class 4 and 10 is minimal at best, the sd reader on the 3DS is too outdated

nothing to worry about

It's funny, because I've seen A few videos that show a marked difference between the stock class 4 and class 10, but after buying a really nice class ten I noticed very little difference.

Proven

Does anyone know if the 3DS is like the Vita and PS3 how you need double the space of the file size so you can download and then install, or do I need the exact amount of space depending on the game.
Also, how big is the file?
I think Sony is the only one in the industry with that type of issue. You download the game on the 3DS and it's ready to go. Last I checked, the estimate was about ~6000 blocks or 700 MB.

Right.

I myself own the physical Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, and I like leaving my CCP on my 3DS for such a purpose.

With AC:NL on digital, I can play that and MH3U whenever I like without popping my 3DS out of the CCP.
This me too, minus the CCP. Only Monster Hunter and Animal Crossing to go between, and I don't want to have to switch. Recently I considered getting Etrian Odyssey digital for the same reason...

Yup! I reckon I won't pass by too many people who have this game in my area.

I take it people don't have to have their AC cartridge inserted for the streetpass transition to work right?
I don't believe so, as I think that was one of their design goals. I could be wrong.

dkeane

Is it on the eshop yet? Is it on the eshop yet? Is it on the eshop yet? Is it on the eshop yet? Is it on the eshop yet? Is it on the eshop yet? Is it on the eshop yet? Is it on the eshop yet?

Going to be a long evening/night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom