• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattchuuu

Neo Member
im having town name cold feet, this is an issue

Same here! If you're looking for ideas, a lot of city names in the real world are created by words from other languages. Like where I'm from, Texas, the world is derived from the Caddo Indian word Táysha, meaning "friend."

To involve my family heritage, I focused on possible Irish words, and what this game means to me. I came up with Caramir last weekend - a play of Irish words Cara ("friend") and Imir ("play"), but after a week, I decided I don't like it phonetically. I want something that begins softer, like with an s. Looking into it more, I'm going with Spraíúil, Irish for "playful" or "fun." I'm not sure I'll be able accent it correctly in the game, so it may have to be Spraiuil.

Still not sure how to pronounce it though :p

I'm going to price match at Best Buy tomorrow so...can I just show them this picture?

kmart-30-dollar-deal.png

steveovig

Added a few people and I've still got some room for more as I only have 57 friends. Shoot me those PMs. On a side note, why can't Nintendo at least send notifications for friend requests? I'm late to the party with that complaint I realize.

I think some of you are being a bit OCD/precious about going digital.

It's just $35.

And you'll get hundreds of hours of joy out of it with negligible risk of losing data any more so than a physical copy.

Trade-in/resale value of the game in 1-2 years' time will be like, what, a mere $10? If you sell your 3DS on eBay I'm sure you can charge a bit extra for it containing a full retail game copy.

But yeah it's just $35.

Live a little.

Einbroch

Banned
I think some of you are being a bit OCD/precious about going digital.

It's just $35.

And you'll get hundreds of hours of joy out of it with negligible risk of losing data any more so than a physical copy.

Trade-in/resale value of the game in 1-2 years' time will be like, what, a mere $10? If you sell your 3DS on eBay I'm sure you can charge a bit extra for it containing a full retail game copy.

But yeah it's just $35.

Live a little.

It's a Nintendo game. It'll be $30 in 2015.

Half-joking.

Branson

So when you first start the game can you create a character or is it just male or female? Also I might just name my town Reboot or Mainframe. Those are fun. Have to decide on those.

Or Branson. That's a real town.

Roto13

So when you first start the game can you create a character or is it just male or female? Also I might just name my town Reboot or Mainframe. Those are fun. Have to decide on those.

Or Branson. That's a real town.

You get asked questions and your facial features depend on your answers. It's weird.

Jindujun

Neo Member
I have to say I'm starting to get really excited about this game!
As this will be my first Animal Crossing game, is there anything i should know beforehand or should i just frolic?

Taichu

Can anyone with a ear for music recreate the opening of the Castelia town theme from Pokemon BW as an ACNL town tune for me?

Noaksey

Neo Member
Here's my FC for anyone looking to play:
James
0103 - 9712 - 6861

PM me yours and I'll happily add :D

I have to say I'm starting to get really excited about this game!
As this will be my first Animal Crossing game, is there anything i should know beforehand or should i just frolic?

Noaksey's Services are open.. Quote me if you have a AC:NL question.. PM me of you want AC:NL avatar ... :D

tumblr_lw44w2xNfd1r0qtnvo2_500.gif

http://qrcrossing.com/towngen/

picgifs-animal-crossing-0743561.gif

ckohler

I know this must have been discussed 100x but can someone just give a simple list of pros/cons of catridge verses digital?

Also, do 3DS carts load faster than SD carts or vice versa? That seems to be my number one deciding factor.

SuperSah

Banned
I know this must have been discussed 100x but can someone just give a simple list of pros/cons of catridge verses digital?

Also, do 3DS carts load faster than SD carts or vice versa? That seems to be my number one deciding factor.

SD is faster, but not by much.

A few pages back there was a 'list'.

There's no real loading difference, the 3DS' card reader can't tell the difference above a Class 5 or 6 I believe.

However, the fears about buying digital and losing the 3DS or what not are pretty extreme. I've been all digital for almost a year and there hasn't been a single problem. In fact, I've had fewer problems. No looking for carts, no stock issues and never needing to preorder.

It's wonderful over here in the future.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Definitely leaning toward New Pork and having Porky's theme, or Pig Man theme as my town tune. Maybe New Pork's own theme if I can find it.

Found a copy at Shoppers Drug Mart but now I don't even know if I'm going to open it. Still not sure if I'm going digital with this or not.

mintyice

I called a local place near me and they said they "definitely don't have it" but even if they did have it they wouldn't tell me and the only way to know would to be to go to the store and ask. Think the guy was basically saying they do have it? I want this game early!

Am I missing something obvious? Those tunes on QRanimalCrossing.com or not playing. Well they look like they're playing but I can't hear them.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Called my Gamestop for my bundle and it'll be ready to pickup tomorrow; guess they were going to personally call from store... I wanted Ashley...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom