• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

TEJ

Starting to watch the superhero cartoons I talked about earlier as I wait for midnight. I think i'll start with either superman tas or batman tas. any recs?

Roto13

Will they? Or are you just joking?

If I can't actually do anything or get started with my town because everything is closed, then there's no point in playing this at midnight :p

In the other games, moving someone in late at night is the same as doing it during the day. Nooks is open, there are animals wandering around, etc.. I can't imagine that has changed this time.

Nooks closes as soon as you finish the initial stuff, though. :p You go outside and the lights shut off.

bomblord

Banned
Will they? Or are you just joking?

If I can't actually do anything or get started with my town because everything is closed, then there's no point in playing this at midnight :p

Idk about New Leaf but every other animal crossing had all the villagers awake as well as Tom nooks shop open at whatever time you arrive on the first day. This was to make sure that the tutorial played out properly though so I'm not sure if it was carried over.

TEJ

batman beyond is shway but that's later on tonight.

I meant an episode recommendation from one of those two shows.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
My new WiiU was supposed to arrive today to tide me over the weekend until the E3 was supposed to tide me over until the AC and Last of Us release next friday.

Didnt arrive today :( Weekend ruined.

I have a very loose theme in mind for my town..."surreal".

Off the top of your heads, how would you design a surreal town? More surreal than AC is already, that is.

Fewr

Town name decided: Kukundu

(from The Ruby of Kukundu)

That or one of these: Kolombangara, Ringgi or Mongga

My new WiiU was supposed to arrive today to tide me over the weekend until the E3 was supposed to tide me over until the AC and Last of Us release next friday.

Didnt arrive today :( Weekend ruined.
Make sure you join us for some Monster Hunting. You'll love it.

Money in da bank, SD card space freed up.

Bring on midnight, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah.

Really wish I could get my hands on a Pop Tart though.

Roto13

I have a very loose theme in mind for my town..."surreal".

Off the top of your heads, how would you design a surreal town? More surreal than AC is already, that is.

The ground surrounding each animal's house is a bunch of pictures of that animal's face, crying.

Hey guys, got a quick question for tomorrow before I start trying to get a town layout I like that might need someone who's familiar with the Japanese release to answer.

In my old Wild World town I had a layout which had a sort of island on the mainland, accessible by two bridges. I drew out a sketch of roughly what it looked like in case my explanation wasn't clear enough.

injohB9ITm3sl.jpg

Basically, I'd like to know if its possible to get a river split layout with an island in New Leaf. Anyone seen something of the sort? Thanks.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Hey guys, got a quick question for tomorrow before I start trying to get a town layout I like that might need someone who's familiar with the Japanese release to answer.

In my old Wild World town I had a layout which had a sort of island on the mainland, accessible by two bridges. I drew out a sketch of roughly what it looked like in case my explanation wasn't clear enough.

Basically, I'd like to know if its possible to get a river split layout with an island in New Leaf. Anyone seen something of the sort? Thanks.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/15e79fc8057340f5b02258b62a9cde4a/tumblr_mm2p3zXZ9d1s55j4jo1_1280.png

Jofamo

I freaked out when I heard you guys mention you can create your own Town Tune. This is my first Animal Crossing and I have a hard enough time naming characters, never mind towns and such like. I gave it some serious thought ahead of release though, and have decided to settle on a Pikmin theme, even creating a Pikmin 2 town tune. http://www.qrcrossing.com/melody/?s=enngdnenndengnnn

I should be able to start playing next week without the anxiety of naming stuff on the spot.

Toma

Make sure you join us for some Monster Hunting. You'll love it.

I loved MH on PSP and tried it on the 3DS. The control scheme was HORRIBLE. But that wasnt the games fault, I am certainly looking forward to grabbing it on WiiU if I can find it for 30€, but I guess the Gaf community is way too advanced right now anyway :p I dont really like playing with overpowered players that are way better equipped than I am.

Fewr

That's the exact town layout I got in city folk, tom nook's at top right, town hall at top left and I think houses in the middle slightly towards the north.

I just bought a new SD card and added $40 to my eShop account

After months of being a firm #TeamRetail guy, I decided to succumb and go digital. This better not come back to bite me in the ass!

Fewr

I loved MH on PSP and tried it on the 3DS. The control scheme was HORRIBLE. But that wasnt the games fault, I am certainly looking forward to grabbing it on WiiU if I can find it for 30€, but I guess the Gaf community is way too advanced right now anyway :p I dont really like playing with overpowered players that are way better equipped than I am.
Hm.. I see.. well, the game is all about skill so even overpowered people could pick a low level weapon to enjoy the hunts, or you could do up in level to catch up. The OT is still very active.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I've got a 32GB SD card coming next week, I've got space for Animal Crossing on my 2GB but I'm not sure if I can transfer from SD to SD via PC. Is that hassle-free or should I just wait and download it on the bigger card?

Now that I'm just an evening away my pondering grows again. I wonder how long it will take to transfer my 3DS to the new XL tomorrow. :/

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

Nope. Main landscape change is just how windy the river is. And the sea is separated by a cliff so it wouldn't be possible anyways.

Toma

Hm.. I see.. well, the game is all about skill so even overpowered people could pick a low level weapon to enjoy the hunts, or you could do up in level to catch up. The OT is still very active.

Yeah, thats what I would eventually end up doing. I'll play for a few dozen hours until I have some decent equip and then might check out the GAF community if I hit a wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom