• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unicorn

PqXd5Hl.jpg

lol
277%20-%20Jesus%20mural%20painting.jpg

Better version, imo

Okay, so I am getting the physical copy. I really want the physical copy... But god do I want to play this TONIGHT! I think I will head out to walmart, get my copy, and do the re-buy and return at walmart (since I bought it at GS with credit) Tomorrow.

Final preparations are in order. I posted a message on my town Bulletin Board explaining that the town will be destroyed before 11am tomorrow. Even managed to convince Coco to not move (even though she will meet the same fate as the rest of the villagers at the same exact time)

And I tossed an axe into the fountain only for Serena to whine how I hurt her head. And she didn't even give me my axe back. Ungrateful bitch. She will meet her end tomorrow!

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Okay, so I am getting the physical copy. I really want the physical copy... But god do I want to play this TONIGHT! I think I will head out to walmart, get my copy, and do the re-buy and return at walmart (since I bought it at GS with credit) Tomorrow.

This is essentially what I'm doing, hopefully the guys at walmart will know what i'm talking about :D

277%20-%20Jesus%20mural%20painting.jpg

Better version, imo

Is it weird that I was looking for Christ in the QR pixels?

This is essentially what I'm doing, hopefully the guys at walmart will know what i'm talking about :D

Do NOT leave without it. I never take "we don't have that" for an answer. Just push!

Final preparations are in order. I posted a message on my town Bulletin Board explaining that the town will be destroyed before 11am tomorrow. Even managed to convince Coco to not move (even though she will meet the same fate as the rest of the villagers at the same exact time)

And I tossed an axe into the fountain only for Serena to whine how I hurt her head. And she didn't even give me my axe back. Ungrateful bitch. She will meet her end tomorrow!

Are you playing CF in anticipation for NL? Or have you been playing this entire time? Haha. I know my friends mom played a ton (like for years). It was fantastic!

ngower

I really want to pick up the Animal Crossing system, and it's in stock around me, but GOOD GOD am I impatient and just want to download it at midnight.

Are you playing CF in anticipation for NL? Or have you been playing this entire time? Haha. I know my friends mom played a ton (like for years). It was fantastic!

Not really. Just been going through the motions. Had the game since launch and I'll be glad to sell it off tomorrow.

Goli

The wait for the eShop version to go up is unbearable! I can't wait to play with you all :D.
And I finally completed the form to get into the new spreadsheet, my town's name'll be Lazuli.

Not really. Just been going through the motions. Had the game since launch and I'll be glad to sell it off tomorrow.

I wonder if this will be the end of people playing the Wii one? It has been going for so long on my Friend Code Exchange video on youtube. Great freaking community!

I was worried it would make me not as excited if I went back and started playing CF again. What do you think?

Revven

I realllllllly would love to have one of Metal Gear Rising's songs as my town tune but I don't think there's enough notes to use to make the tune recognizable. :(

Otherwise if there was I'd either choose:

Rules of Nature

or

Red Sun

(If any of you thinks otherwise, feel free to try and do one of them for me though).

Guess I'll probably just have to go with ones that are more obvious like Zelda music or something.

I wonder if this will be the end of people playing the Wii one? It has been going for so long on my Friend Code Exchange video on youtube. Great freaking community!

I was worried it would make me not as excited if I went back and started playing CF again. What do you think?

There will probably some people still playing City Folk, especially those on the ACC site

Chucker

I realllllllly would love to have one of Metal Gear Rising's songs as my town tune but I don't think there's enough notes to use to make the tune recognizable. :(

Otherwise if there was I'd either choose:

Rules of Nature

or

Red Sun

(If any of you thinks otherwise, feel free to try and do one of them for me though).

Guess I'll probably just have to go with ones that are more obvious like Zelda music or something.

Now you've made me want to do Not Theme of Tara

I can't believe how excited I am for this game, considering my complete indifference when the Wii version came out. Midnight can't come up soon enough.

Going to buy this for my mother as well as a belated mother's day gift. She absolutely loved the Gamecube and DS versions.

So I tried to cancel my Amazon order but it was too late! It should get here Tuesday but I think I'm going to go get it tomorrow and just return the package when it arrives.

DAhbU2T.png

Quick FAQ
To further induce hype, I'll be running an AC: City Folk stream every day until release. You can watch, mellow out to the music, join in the chat, or if you have a copy of the game (NA or EU regions work) you can register my friend code and hang out on the stream.

FINAL NIGHT TONIGHT stream is live now and we'll be playing till at least midnight EST time (approximately 3 hours long) and we'll be giving away steam games!

Also, June 8th (New Leaf's eve, I'm calling it!) I'll be doing an extra long stream starting at 9pm EST (6PM EST, 1am GMT) where I'll be giving away games live on the stream. But come midnight I'm dropping everything to download NL <_<.

Q: Where can I watch the stream?
A: http://www.twitch.tv/marriedtoletsplay

Q: Are you playing on an emulator or...?
A: A real wii using an Avermedia digital capture card and xsplit to stream gameplay

Q: What's your friend code?
A: 0992-2728-6006. If you want to join my town, just put your AC:CF friend code into stream chat.

Q: What if I want to chat?
A: Just click on the stream link and create a user name for twitch if you don't already have one.

Q: Will you stream New Leaf?
A: I would love to, but I lack the proper hardware to capture 3DS video and unfortunately it's fairly cost prohibitive for a free web series like ours (approx $400 before shipping). We will look into acquiring it down the road, but for now we're limited to streaming from console based games.

Portman

Since this will be my first Animal Crossing I'm curious about starting at midnight. Will I be able to get the town setup and then start in the morning and play like normal or do I need to wait until the morning when the shops are open?

Since I saw people mention shops not being open and getting stuff done in a day I wasn't sure if there was a limit to what you can do in a day/play session.

Doorman

Bonus points if you call your town "JP" or "Nublar."

I've slowly been talking myself into wanting to get this throughout the course of the day. I had the Gamecube game way back in the day, enjoyed it a lot, and then never really cared about the series since then as I was always hoping for more drastic changes in sequels. Still, we're three games removed from that now and I actually know a few other people who're gonna get the game that should help keep things interesting, so I might jump back in again.

Problem is, I have no clue at all what I would name my town! Curses.

Mik2121

I haven't checked yet, but can you guys connect to JP users? I have the game in Japanese and would like to sometimes hang out with you guys :/ But I have a feeling it's not going to work...

Goli

I haven't checked yet, but can you guys connect to JP users? I have the game in Japanese and would like to sometimes hang out with you guys :/ But I have a feeling it's not going to work...

Didn't that Kotaku guy that visited the devs' towns have a US copy, and the devs a JP one? I think it does work.

Revven

Yes you can visit towns from completely different regions. IIRC, there's regional specific items you can get.

SmithnCo

Don't worry, it works. One of the perks of online is getting other region's items.

Roto13

That QR Crossing site is live. Hosting a (currently tiny) gallery of QR codes. I guess it's a community thing where you can submit and vote for and favourite Animal Crossing QR codes.

http://qrcrossing.com/

Oshawott hat is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom