• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

limlark

I'm now confirmed with Help Me!, Avixph, and Namerson23. Fun times! I also added all the PG's (though there may be new ones since then) and some of the PG13's on the list before I gave up.

Going to be honest, I've never played an Animal Crossing game before. I watched my brother and some friends play it back in the day. But now that I'm into portable gaming, this has been one that has been on my radar.

I'm 100% going into this having no idea how to play it. I'm sure I will tank my town into a depression, and by the end of it, fields and houses will be burning.

Hahaha! Fortunately there's not a whole lot of damage you can do but it's exciting you get to try it for the first time. It's really going to be a great way to get into the series and it's not the type of game where you feel like you have to go back and play the others.

I always thought there was something comforting in finding interest in something new and not feeling obligated to play the other games for the whole experience.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Just put my info on the doc.
I know I won't be swearing much or not at all with the animals, but I don't care if any of you will drop a lot of cursing or what have you whilst in town. So I ranked my town R.

Kouriozan

How limited is it in terms of what items you can use though? I was thinking about making a Captain America mask using a wrestlers mask...

No offence taken. I have a feeling I'll probably be removing the majority of US GAF if my friends list gets too tight, really sorry :( Just makes sense I guess to keep those I can play with the most.

There is remake AND redesign.
Remake let you "remake" (lol) some furniture for a fixed design.

Like this :

bo-ruire_zpsf0a5f2ad.jpg

zigg

Just got done trying—and failing—three times to play Wild World local with my daughter. So glad the 3DS wireless hardware is better than these old crappy DS Lites. :lol

Skelter

Banned
Yes you're only restricted to one ordinance. You CAN change it for 20k bells but yeah.

Eh, I might have to stick with Beautiful Town. The only reason I ever had any flowers in my town in WW was because they were all golden roses.

I'm trying to finish some of my backlog before this game arrives... going to be hard work lol.

Also is it just me who stresses over the activity log? Whenever I start a game I have to play at least a while before closing the game because I hate having the average time on games being weird lol ocd :(

I don't know about that, but I do check Activity Log religiously. I don't know why, I really love the idea of it. Though I might start getting ashamed of it when AC rolls around...

GAMERG0D

Oh no worries, I'll MOVE them somewhere out of the paths and such. I'll start with small hybridization but I imagine considering how diverse and the few the flowers are at the beginning, it'll be slow at first.
How exactly do you do hybridization?

SmithnCo

How limited is it in terms of what items you can use though? I was thinking about making a Captain America mask using a wrestlers mask...

Not sure, I don't even know if all the items on that page are the limit, but even just that stuff gets me hyped.

I especially like being able to change food-based items to other food... Perfect for a kitchen room.

darklin0

Banned
That's pretty much it. Masses of rare flowers growing everywhere, too. Though "all of the Bells" sounds like a hell of a tall order. :lol
I expect blue roses everywhere from you, everywhere.
Now I'm checking this thread instead of playing FE:A, just like last time!
Also, I plan to play this game for a looooong time, I'll probably need to delete some friends who don't play anymore after some times, sorry guys >.<

I have been trying to play LoZ Oracles of Seasons all morning...

javac

I feel like a chump for not playing Animal Crossing before but I've always been intimidated by it lol. Better late then never! Also I bet my family are gonna think I'm weird for playing a game called animal crossing but then again my parents think games in general are a waste of money :p

This is gonna be my first animal crossing experience. (same as monster hunter) GAF (and my brother) have convinced me to give both these games a shot. After hearing all the fuss and the hours on monster hunter I have one question guys...
Are ya'll trying to ruin my life?

Only if you count ruining your life as "taking you down with us". ;)

zigg

Oh no worries, I'll MOVE them somewhere out of the paths and such. I'll start with small hybridization but I imagine considering how diverse and the few the flowers are at the beginning, it'll be slow at first.
It will be slow, all the reason to get started early in my book.

Holy crap I take this seriously.

Labrys

Clothing items are not customizable in that sense--You can use clothing for a retexture, but you have to use a template at the Able Sisters for clothing. Unfortunately, masks are not makeable/customizable, otherwise I would of planned out a Daft Punk helmet mask already.

Retroid

I wanted this game to be a bit of a surprise so I've pretty much stayed away from any features new features in this game. Seems to be the biggest step away from the previous games from what I've seen though so I'm a bit excited!

SmithnCo

I wanted this game to be a bit of a surprise so I've pretty much stayed away from any features new features in this game. Seems to be the biggest step away from the previous games from what I've seen though so I'm a bit excited!

When they first showed this I was a bit skeptical, but since then I've seen so many new features that it definitely seems like the biggest step forward so far.

zigg

Never got the hang of hybrids, never had the patience. This will change! I will become a dyed in the wool horticulturist goddamnit.
It's something. It takes a long time to get started, but once you get those first few successes you can build on them and WHOOSH. Flower empire.

Fantastic job on the OP my man! I'm going to be away from the computer most of the day, but I can't wait to push the hype train full speed ahead with all of you in our final remaining week

I feel like a chump for not playing Animal Crossing before but I've always been intimidated by it lol. Better late then never! Also I bet my family are gonna think I'm weird for playing a game called animal crossing but then again my parents think games in general are a waste of money :p

Same here. Always avoided it 'cause I didn't think I needed a new addiction. For whatever reason I've stopped caring about that :p

Doubt my housemates will think it's weird though since the only game either of them has played is the Sims which seems like it has a similar, if not exact, appeal.

Philia

It's something. It takes a long time to get started, but once you get those first few successes you can build on them and WHOOSH. Flower empire.

ZIGG. Can I just give you my flowers?

Flowers = Animal Crossing's endgame.

Yep. When people just assumed this game is for kids I just stare at them HARD. Because the content is for the hardcore. :)

javac

I don't know about that, but I do check Activity Log religiously. I don't know why, I really love the idea of it. Though I might start getting ashamed of it when AC rolls around...

Ha tell me about it. I once formatted my 3DS because Mario 3D land on the activity log got a bit messed up. I kept closing the game whenever I was about to die and I ended up formatting the 3DS because my average time was like 5 mins and the game was opened like 50 times due to restating the game over and over lol.

And then I forced myself to play 3D land again until my total time matched my original so I felt satisfied with the amount of time spent playing it.

That was when the game just came out however and I haven't done any shenanigans like that since. I have an issue.

I like hybrids but it always seemed like something you do just to do it.
Not putting it outside if people step on them. Not putting it inside due to golden flowers seeming so tacky.

Mononoke

Banned
Hahaha! Fortunately there's not a whole lot of damage you can do but it's exciting you get to try it for the first time. It's really going to be a great way to get into the series and it's not the type of game where you feel like you have to go back and play the others.

I always thought there was something comforting in finding interest in something new and not feeling obligated to play the other games for the whole experience.

Good to know I can't screw it up that badly. The community for this game seems really nice. So I look forward to getting sucked into this game with you guys. :)

MicH

I don't know, hybridization is always a sideproject for me. However that moment when you see a new flower in a different color is just the best!

Item Box

I wish I had some idea of what you guys are talking about here

I'm jumping into this game almost blind (with some wild world experience) and see where that takes me...

Philia

I don't know, hybridization is always a sideproject for me. However that moment when you see a new flower in a different color is just the best!

Yep. Its just super rare though because of the random placement of flowers growing in your town. So at best you just simply increase your odds by pairing them closer together.

Acid08

Banned
Sounds good, any specific items that you are looking forward to?

Yes, all of the things.

You will have a blast, its a very relaxing and fun game.
Well in the OG AC I was obsessed with getting matching everything, the fruit themed stuff in particular. Hoping to discover a similar obsession in this game :)

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
This game is a HUGE killer app for me and my friends, we put 400+ hours for the DS game, and this one will be so much better.

I was so happy that the Animal Crossing demonstration at Wondercon Anaheim 2013 was so insanely popular. There was always a gigantic crowd watching the demonstration.

No doubt that this will be one of the best selling 3DS (and best 3DS social games) ever.

So excited!!! :D

nin1000

Banned
I PM'ed everyone with pending Friends request i will give you 48H to repsond to that PM or you will get deleted :( ( dont want it to happen though )

Chocoboko

I have added my info to the form. I am working my way down the list so let me know if you add me please!

I can't wait till next week. Getting the poptart bundle. I plan to play a lot.

Philia

I PM'ed everyone with pending Friends request i will give you 48H to repsond to that PM or you will get deleted :( ( dont want it to happen though )

Problems with that though is that there's quite a few MOBILE GAF -.-' that makes it hard for them to see their "pms". So... yeah.

darklin0

Banned
Well in the OG AC I was obsessed with getting matching everything, the fruit themed stuff in particular. Hoping to discover a similar obsession in this game :)

I was very fond of the the gyros in the original AC. It gave me a warning once that if I ever put anymore down on the floor it would collapse.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So will there be staggered KK Nights where we visit 8pm in each time zone for multi KK goodness?

I just got my 3rd "So many games" game and registered for my AC code, so I'm going to hop into this thread now.

I added my friendcode to boot. I actually have no-one on my friendslist (Having only Nintendo "hating" friends IRL) so hopefully this is a good opportunity.

MicH

Problems with that though is that there's quite a few MOBILE GAF -.-' that makes it hard for them to see their "pms". So... yeah.
Mobile GAF is the best, though! I almost exclusively use my phone to browse GAF :D dat retina text

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Good to know I can't screw it up that badly. The community for this game seems really nice. So I look forward to getting sucked into this game with you guys. :)

The online community is top class, and if all your friends in your social circle are Animal Crossing addicted, watch the time fly by,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom