• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

iCfIRlMrpuEfx.jpg

http://youtu.be/gG_dA32oH44?t=22s

Well my hype is deflated.

It started off great. On the train with Rover with a reference from 2002. I got to be a mayor (Holy shit at how you become a Mayor. DAMN.) and the music, graphics, and even animal speak was timeless.

Then the tutorial started, quite a bit different from previous ones. Cool. Except that I need to meet all of my neighbors and one is ASLEEP.

Wow. Tutorial fail. Nothing else to do in the game until stores open. Ugh.

Guess I'll have to do something else tonight. I knew my to do list would be limited on the first night but I didn't even get to work! Come on!

Thank goodness you can change your town to be a night town in this one. Need to have that option at the beginning...

Still happy to finally have it after all this time. Its perfect. (Except for the sleepng neighbor.)

It's all part of their plan to see if you are willing to cheat and time travel O: DONT DO IT!!

Elija2

Seems like the developers weren't thinking about a midnight release when they were designing the tutorial.

yep, 2 furniture items every day. Used to be a decent way to find paintings, but I haven't found any from trees after weeks with the review copies.

If that's the case, it seems like it would be worth it to shake every tree in your town before you save the game, and if you get any bee stings they'll be gone next time you boot up.

Cheska

Both of my fucking walmarts said they didn't get any. They were just being lazy, and he told me to come back in 4 hours.

Guess this is a sign to go to bed now, and get it tomorrow.

I tried at 2 Walmarts. Basically the employees were like "Huh? What", and were making faces like I was speaking another language.

Exactly this for me as well. One girl even had an attitude, like I had the audacity to ask for help at that time! lol

Thank you guys, you ended up saving me a trip this late.

Katt, are you getting the bundle or just the game?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Both of my fucking walmarts said they didn't get any. They were just being lazy, and he told me to come back in 4 hours.

Guess this is a sign to go to bed now, and get it tomorrow.

My walmart's electronics section was closed off, it says they re-open at 7 am -_-

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Being able to play it but not do much because the shops are closed is almost worse than not being able to play it tonight at all.

Lucent

It started off great. On the train with Rover with a reference from 2002. I got to be a mayor (Holy shit at how you become a Mayor. DAMN.) and the music, graphics, and even animal speak was timeless.

Then the tutorial started, quite a bit different from previous ones. Cool. Except that I need to meet all of my neighbors and one is ASLEEP.

Wow. Tutorial fail. Nothing else to do in the game until stores open. Ugh.

Guess I'll have to do something else tonight. I knew my to do list would be limited on the first night but I didn't even get to work! Come on!

Thank goodness you can change your town to be a night town in this one. Need to have that option at the beginning...

Still happy to finally have it after all this time. Its perfect. (Except for the sleepng neighbor.)

I fully expected you to say something like "Well, my hype is deflated now. All this time being hyped and the game totally let me down." And I was gonna be like =(

lol but yeah I am waiting on UPS to deliver mine Tuesday. They're pretty good about doing it early in the afternoon so I should be able to get the tutorial done before dark.

FrsDvl

Just posting my friend code again, if anyone wants to visit or whatever, since there isn't much to do.

1332-7711-7298, PM if you add me!

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Not much to do in the game at this hour, but still glad I got it right at midnight!

mattchuuu

Neo Member

I've only played the gamecube version and it was the same way. Nook required you to meet every single neighbor before he had you doing the next thing. What was worse, the only map you could see was the one at the train station, so once you left it and were out looking for neighbors, it was hard figuring out where you were on the map. It was only after you met everyone that he then gave a map to you so you could look at it any time, anywhere. At least here you have a map instantly and in view at all times!

Cbajd5

I GOT PEACHES FOR FRUIT

It's pretty cool. Shook some trees, got some bells, three beehives, a ton of peaches, a soft serve lamp, and a bunk bed.

I named my town Tioverum.

This is what happens when I build a name using random letters...

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Ah, that is kinda worse. That means you have NO chance. I am sorry :"=(

It's all good, planning on going to best buy tomorrow to pick up the guide plus game and it's closer. Now I just have to find a way to fall asleep since I was so hyped to play D:

Ken

I GOT PEACHES FOR FRUIT

It's pretty cool. Shook some trees, got some bells, three beehives, a ton of peaches, a soft serve lamp, and a bunk bed.

I named my town Tioverum.

This is what happens when I build a name using random letters...

gimmeee

It's all part of their plan to see if you are willing to cheat and time travel O: DONT DO IT!!

Its too late.

i'll never cheat. Cheating is for losers. (Except with Vc games and save states. That I WILL do!

I guess this was a bad time to play, everything is closed. What is GAF doing? Lol

Seriously. You can't even visit other towns to pass the time because you need 500 bells to get a I.D. Except theres no way to get any bells.

Shaking trees and collecting fruit!
For what? You can't sell them. :lol

Is this real life?

FrsDvl

Its too late.

i'll never cheat. Cheating is for losers. (Except with Vc games and save states. That I WILL do!

Seriously. You can't even visit other towns to pass the time because you need 500 bells to get a I.D. Except theres no way to get any bells.

For what? You can't sell them. :lol

Is this real life?

Shaking trees also gets you bells. I've managed to make 1200 bells so far.

I HATE oranges. I got oranges on all 3 of my games before this, and I am strictly a whatever they give me is destiny. Not this time. I am getting peaches, pears, apples, or cherries. :p

I've only played the gamecube version and it was the same way. Nook required you to meet every single neighbor before he had you doing the next thing. What was worse, the only map you could see was the one at the train station, so once you left it and were out looking for neighbors, it was hard figuring out where you were on the map. It was only after you met everyone that he then gave a map to you so you could look at it any time, anywhere. At least here you have a map instantly and in view at all times!

Except in GC, Wii, and DS the neighbors wouldn't be asleep and you could finish the tutorial even if you played it at night. That is the difference.

The longer it takes to download, the less time you have to wait for your neighbors to wake up so you can actually play the game
:lol

Shaking trees also gets you bells. I've managed to make 1200 bells so far.
:O Thanks!

suzu

I got delicious peach butts.

My wifi is being spotty, so until I figure it out I can't trade at the moment.

Also:

tumblr_mo3ycg0yPs1sq0l9vo5_400.jpg

Eff mosquitos. D:

Cancelled my #teampoptart pre-order 'cause Amazon UK were selling regular XLs cheap enough that I could get a nice SP/phat DS style silver one and a physical copy of AC and be like $50 up.

Gonna be a little jelly of #teampoptart, but I'd rather the physical copy of the game and being able to put the extra cash towards Dream Team Bros. or something.

Megatron

I HATE oranges. I got oranges on all 3 of my games before this, and I am strictly a whatever they give me is destiny. Not this time. I am getting peaches, pears, apples, or cherries. :p

Then you should hope for oranges and just replace all your orange trees with foreign trees so they are worth more when you shake 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom