• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Going to Walmart in a while. It's only 11 now. When I called earlier today the guy I spoke with had not heard what they were doing about the game, or if they even had it. Eeeeh.
Not looking for the bundle by the way, just the game.

Good luck dude, it seems like it's been hit or miss everywhere.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
You can donate it to the museum or put it in your home or sell it. 4k is a good bit of money. I'd suggest donating it to the museum, though.

Non-native fruit sells 5x native fruit. EDIT I believe island fruit are 2.5x
Generally donating is just to complete skeletons and get descriptions.
I think you also need to donate to each section to get some later buildings, but I haven't gotten a painting yet.

Oooh, that's pretty cool. So... how do I get my pears to others/how do I get my hands on other people's fruits? Do I just go to their towns and hope they haven't picked them yet? :D

Fourside has Pears and the following inhabitants.

Cesar
Nibbles
Miranda
Beau
And two the hid in the shadows of my early morning memory. Miranda seems pretty cool.

I want Kabuki so badly.

Beelzebub

This game brings back so many memories of playing the first one as a kid, I'm glad I've held off on any animal crossing since...its so good! there is some bad ghosting with the 3D though.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Being able to have Blathers check multiple fossils at a time, and accept them for donation at the same time is a GAME CHANGER.

Crazy. I didn't know about this, then again I know nothing outside of the fact that playable character is the mayor now.

Makes the wait a bit easier.

Salsa

kinda screwed up my house placing and there's a very narrow path if you wanna access it from the left

bleh fuck it

I always get super OCD when I start these damn games

I have been debating picking this game up all week, and I am at a crossroads here Gaf. I have never played an Animal Crossing game before, can anyone give me some comparisons as to what I can expect if I jump into this franchise? I have plenty of games on my 3DS to play, but I have had several people tell me I need to pick this one up, I just don't know. Your thoughts gaf...

I don't normally bring my indecisiveness to the forums, I usually just lurk, but I honestly don't know here. Thanks :)

Check your PM :D

Oooh, that's pretty cool. So... how do I get my pears to others/how do I get my hands on other people's fruits? Do I just go to their towns and hope they haven't picked them yet? :D

yeah, it's basically to encourage traveling to other towns. Most people don't bother harvesting their native fruit unless they're desperate for an upgrade. You can bring some of your own as a "peace offering" when you go to trade too.

Once the island unlocks, you can also get some of them from the mini-game areas, and at times your villagers may randomly gift them.

Refugio

Villagers:
Mac
Marcel
Marcie
Nibbles
Croque

Mac gave me his shirt so he's currently in the lead for favorite villager. Also feel I could use more villagers whose names start with Ma.

Labrys

Re-Tail is so far away :p

He can just build a bridge to it.

Anywho, here's my town!
ApR6Z44.jpg

Stoze

I decided to get the physical copy, I'll try at Walmart in an hour otherwise I'll nab it tomorrow morning. I like reading your guy's impressions, it sounds great. The neighbors not all being awake during the tutorial sounds dumb though.

Eusis

Wait until Amazon bothers to ship my physical copy or go digital right now, oh the dilemma.
It's the kind of game I'd want to mess around with every day without necessarily swapping carts, so I stuck with digital.

Hmm, wonder which I should go with Pokemon? I kinda want to actually get the case and all for that...

If anyone is interested in trading perfect fruit, I am going to save all of my native perfect fruit for trade. That way you can start making the big bells!

How are you liking it Snackbar?!

I really dig it so far, man! It's my first AC and I'm not let down. Despite my ridiculous levels of hype, I'm pretty pleased with the quaintness. I'm trying not to get too 'inside baseball' about the mechanics yet, but it's fun to just run around right now. Picking the spot for the house was very...investing, you know? "I will spend at least 100 hours in this spot, I better like it' kinda deal.

Going to other towns is easy as heck, traded some fruit already and the community seems super nice right from the get go. Once the shops open up, I plan to VANISH into this game.

I really dig it so far, man! It's my first AC and I'm not let down. Despite my ridiculous levels of hype, I'm pretty pleased with the quaintness. I'm trying not to get too 'inside baseball' about the mechanics yet, but it's fun to just run around right now. Picking the spot for the house was very...investing, you know? "I will spend at least 100 hours in this spot, I better like it' kinda deal.

Going to other towns is easy as heck, traded some fruit already and the community seems super nice right from the get go. Once the shops open up, I plan to VANISH into this game.

I will have to stop by your town tomorrow when I get my copy! What fruit do you have? :)

Pikma

Banned
It's the kind of game I'd want to mess around with every day without necessarily swapping carts, so I stuck with digital.

Hmm, wonder which I should go with Pokemon? I kinda want to actually get the case and all for that...
Ah fuck it, I'll go digital, it's not like it's the first title I get this way, Castlevania and FE:A (even though I ended up double dipping and bought it physical as well) precede it.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Just opened my gates, will post my friendcode again, last time for the night: 3625-8108-8283 send me a PM with your code if you add me! :) I got Pears, if that's worth mentioning.

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
Pears, my friend. Pears as far as the eye can see. Eye as in singular, cause there's some meanass bees in those trees, too.
Why the hell is everyone getting pears?! I'm so sick of pears if I get them I'm restarting. I will take all fruit but pears or peaches. Of course I will trade for them but I will not accept them as my native fruit.

cluderi

Why the hell is everyone getting pears?! I'm so sick of pears if I get them I'm restarting. I will take all fruit but pears or peaches. Of course I will trade for them but I will not accept them as my native fruit.

I fancied pears but got cherries and very angry blinding bees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom