• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I have to

tumblr_mcz617rSy01r38j04o1_500.gif

to Nintendo for the servers holding their ground. It's great to see them deliver even at this hour.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I got an Iguanodon Skull!

... I have no idea what that means or what to do with it, but it seems pretty valuable. 4k bells sounds high? No idea, never played an AC game before. I'll just keep it before I sell/donate it...

Roto13

... I have no idea what that means or what to do with it, but it seems pretty valuable. 4k bells sounds high? No idea, never played an AC game before. I'll just keep it before I sell/donate it...

You can donate it to the museum or put it in your home or sell it. 4k is a good bit of money. I'd suggest donating it to the museum, though.

you'll generally want to donate first and sell once you have duplicates

Kokonoe

Banned
Well my hype is deflated.

It started off great. On the train with Rover with a reference from 2002. I got to be a mayor (Holy shit at how you become a Mayor. DAMN.) and the music, graphics, and even animal speak was timeless.

Then the tutorial started, quite a bit different from previous ones. Cool. Except that I need to meet all of my neighbors and one is ASLEEP.

Wow. Tutorial fail. Nothing else to do in the game until stores open. Ugh.

Guess I'll have to do something else tonight. I knew my to do list would be limited on the first night but I didn't even get to work! Come on!

Thank goodness you can change your town to be a night town in this one. Need to have that option at the beginning...

Still happy to finally have it after all this time. Its perfect. (Except for the sleepng neighbor.)

Kind of confused, it sounded like you were having a good time. Was only the animal being asleep that deflated your hype? or was it another part of the tutorial?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
.. Wait, what's the advantage of getting the resources from other towns? Do resources you don't have in your town sell for more?

If so, I got Pears... What else is unique lol.

You can donate it to the museum or put it in your home or sell it. 4k is a good bit of money. I'd suggest donating it to the museum, though.

you'll generally want to donate first and sell once you have duplicates

What do I get from donating? Apart from collection, of course

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Why do you care what fruit you get? With so many on GAF's playing, you can expect to have most fruit by weeks end, including island fruit.

Oranges for fruit.

About 1300 bells so far from trees.

And a stroller and the rainbow screen for display. :)

Villagers: Kabuki, Cobb, Cheri, Becky and Melba

Well my hype is deflated.

It started off great. On the train with Rover with a reference from 2002. I got to be a mayor (Holy shit at how you become a Mayor. DAMN.) and the music, graphics, and even animal speak was timeless.

Then the tutorial started, quite a bit different from previous ones. Cool. Except that I need to meet all of my neighbors and one is ASLEEP.

Wow. Tutorial fail. Nothing else to do in the game until stores open. Ugh.

Guess I'll have to do something else tonight. I knew my to do list would be limited on the first night but I didn't even get to work! Come on!

Thank goodness you can change your town to be a night town in this one. Need to have that option at the beginning...

Still happy to finally have it after all this time. Its perfect. (Except for the sleepng neighbor.)
you could always change the 3ds clock

mattchuuu

Neo Member
haha, dangit. I just wanted to shake enough to get 500 bells for the photo booth. I got it, and decided to shake a couple more trees that were in the group. That got me a swollen face, right before heading off to get my picture. I love this game so much.

Refugio

I didn't know re-tail would still be open. Now I have a bed to sleep in

For fruit, I have pears. Had oranges and cherries in the other games so that's new for me I guess.

Villagers are OK I guess. One of them dogs kinda looked like a clown or something. Haven't really talked to them yet.

.. Wait, what's the advantage of getting the resources from other towns? Do resources you don't have in your town sell for more?

If so, I got Pears... What else is unique lol.

What do I get from donating? Apart from collection, of course

Non-native fruit sells 5x native fruit. EDIT I believe island fruit are 2.5x
Generally donating is just to complete skeletons and get descriptions.
I think you also need to donate to each section to get some later buildings, but I haven't gotten a painting yet.

cluderi

Damn you Nook, I'm the mayor !

Up to about 5k bells already so hopefully I should have my house soon. Benefits of +10 timezones ;-)

RkOwnage

I have been debating picking this game up all week, and I am at a crossroads here Gaf. I have never played an Animal Crossing game before, can anyone give me some comparisons as to what I can expect if I jump into this franchise? I have plenty of games on my 3DS to play, but I have had several people tell me I need to pick this one up, I just don't know. Your thoughts gaf...

I don't normally bring my indecisiveness to the forums, I usually just lurk, but I honestly don't know here. Thanks :)

K' Dash

Just posting my FC again: 0318-6957-0602 I've sent a bunch of PMs to the people I'm adding as soon as I finish downloading, please PM me yours if you add me.

i'm sad now

Still, as a person whose struggled to get into the Animal Crossing franchise in the past despite recognising that it is a franchise full of personality and heart, I really hope this one will be the one for me! Hype certainly matches it. Purchasing the game for my sister's birthday but Australia's timezone being in the future isn't enough to compensate this time. =(

ONE WEEK

B-Dex

Dexopoli's native fruit is Cherries.

Residents:
Wolfgang
Mallery
Pate
Bill
Eunice

Sahara was also visiting but refuses to redecorate my tent.

Isabelle gave me an apple crate. Totally planting Apple trees tomorrow.

Koroviev

This is probably the best-looking game I've played on the 3DS. Started my friend on the GC version earlier today and the degree of graphical improvement is striking.

Arizone

Banned
Going to Walmart in a while. It's only 11 now. When I called earlier today the guy I spoke with had not heard what they were doing about the game, or if they even had it. Eeeeh.
Not looking for the bundle by the way, just the game.

Dares

Ok setting up town now and will open gate when I can. I live in Japan so it's 3pm if people want to do some selling or whatnot in the day.

FC: 326557417086

PM me you FC for a re-add.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom