• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oro

I've added people from the last two pages or so, so add me back, my FC is 5412-9893-1596. GMT+9 and I have pears.

Chopper

*awesome pictures*

pretty sweet first day thanks to GAF bros

tumblr_mo4g6eVVmr1sv134do1_400.jpg

beesting4lyfe
Oh my God, I'm so jealous. Come oooooooon Friday!

Can someone do me a favour and pick me up a flat cap?!

MicH

How do you go to the island? Does it unlock automatically if you have people with you?
You need to the first payment on the house (not tent) and then it opens a couple of days later.

I assume that's a friends town who had an early or Japanese copy

DonMigs85

I reset my town and my new one is SO MUCH MORE SATISFYING.

No butt fruit. My house is separated from everyone else's by the river. I shook out FOUR beehives and evaded every last one of them. A lunar landing fell from a tree. I raged at Mikor's town.

Yeah, this game is all that and a bag of chips.

It's almost 3:30 am here, and I have my alarm set for 7:55 so I can start my first day in Searzyn bright and early. Also on the agenda for tomorrow (i.e. later today): pizza, soda, and big Animal Crossing party with my best friends who are as nerdy as I am and are also buying New Leaf on launch day.

Also, I'M HUMBLY SEARCHING OUT MORE FRIENDS. MY CODE IS 1161-1163-7305. I'll leave great messages on your bulletin board and give you pears and be the all around best virtual friend you've ever had. PM me with your FC if you're interested!

<3 you Crossing-GAF. It's been an agonizing wait, but the promised land has finally arrived.

Added you, my FC is 0903 2800 9839

Salsa

well it's saturday and I stayed up all night playing on the island

it's 7:30 am now. Might as well stay awake till nooklings opens

etrain911

Only 4 more hours til New Leaf! I've gotten cold town name feet though. I'm thinking of going with something totally different like Freyport...

Hey, are villagers more likely to wander around near their own house? Because I got a village with all houses placed in a straight line along the east shore, and while it looks kind of cool, I don't want the west half of my town to be completely devoid of villagers all the time.

Shoyz

Looks like the daily reset is sometime in the AMs, got an extra two tree furnitures.

Also Turnip day, mine are 101 Bells.

Unicorn

Popped a balloon with my shovel without even swing it. Just the point hit the balloon swooping up the Cliffside.

A balloon table. Literally a table made of noodle balloons.

Went through a bit of hell with multiple walmarts before securing my copy. It's 4 AM. I want to keep fishing. I'm running on 4 hours of hype sleep.

I have cherries and Diana.

Looks like the daily reset is sometime in the AMs, got an extra two tree furnitures.

Also Turnip day, mine are 101 Bells.
If it is like the old games, new day is 6 AM

B00TE

Is GameStop open yet? No? -fall asleep for fifteen minutes, repeat till 11 am-

Seriously too hype. Sick and everything and I still couldn't sleep, haha. Will be nice to have the game and relax in bed all day.

Wrathie83

Neo Member
Tell me about it. I keep looking at this thread and keep checking Club Nintendo they let me code slip early! :c
I keep checking both my orders to see if they're processing.....nothing yet :(

Also it doesn't help that Game are trolling me with emails, about how the SE 3dsXL will stay at the price i pre-ordered at (it's gone up a tenner now for none pre-orders).

Tenck

This game testing my patience. I'm so close to time traveling!!!

Anyone with something besides peaches mind adding me? I need anything and everything :d

It's gonna have to wait till later though. My town is asleep and I haven't finished the tutorial.

Proven

So I finally started playing about an hour ago.

tumblr_mo4hxdS6of1qay6wzo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mo4i460Jby1qay6wzo1_400.jpg

So I do all the early stuff to find out... Nook doesn't open until 8am. Dammit.

Time to travel. Oh, I need to get a photo ID. No problem.

tumblr_mo4iccmyy11qay6wzo1_400.jpg

It's a catch-22. I randomly shake a tree in frustration. And hey, there's a random 100 bell coin! Plan initiated.

tumblr_mo4i6tHcsb1qay6wzo1_400.jpg

Plan hiccups. But I do get enough.

tumblr_mo4i9gVLtY1qay6wzo1_400.jpg

Get my picture taken, even with the bee sting. I rush over to check out someone's town (and hopefully find a place with an open Nook). Unfortunately... I come to the thread to find out most stayed up late and are now asleep. Why was I the only one with the foresight to go to bed early?

Well, in other news...

tumblr_mo4iy6sxtT1qay6wzo1_400.jpg

And my town has Pears as the natural fruit. So, anyone up with an open Nook and useful tools?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Wake your asses up, animals. At least a jock villager is awake.

Haha, same issue. Waiting for 8am when Nook's opens at least so I have something to do.

Is there anywhere in particular I should build my house near?

Ease of access is probably key. I built mine on a peninsula, with the thought process being it's in the middle of town and there's already a bridge on one side. And I'll be adding a second bridge on the other side later. Easy access to most animal houses, and less than 15 seconds to Main Street.

watershed

Banned
Is anyone playing in Asia somewhere? I'd to have AC friends online at the same times I am. My fc is 1203-9217-7569. Add me back and let me know!

Forkball

Ok, so here are tips for your first day by someone who did it.

Do Isabelle's tasks in the mayoral office. She will give you some prizes, included the much needed water can an even foreign fruit. It can be a bit tedious at first, but it's general stuff like talking to everyone, giving her an item, planting trees etc.

Talk to all villagers several times. I got a cool shirt from one.

Pay off Nook's 10k loan the first day. This is actually quite easy. Sell seashells and fruit to get enough money for items. Depending on what items you get, collect whatever you can. I had shovel and net, so I sold bugs and hit rocks. If you have a shovel, HIT EVERY ROCK. I found one that gave me 4,000 bells, so that's nearly half my debt right there. Sell your stuff at Re-Tail, not Nook's.

Visit other towns! You need 500 bells to take a photo at the photobooth on the shopping street. You can buy items from their stores if you're bored with yours.

The first day is pretty simple. You can't do any mayoral stuff, you live in a tent that you can barely decorate, and nothing's happening. Think of the first day as the tutorial day. But you can still have a lot of fun, especially with friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom