• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
8996808126_1dc4ff7228_o.jpg

Well I went to Wal-Mart. They didn't have it. Called the other Wal-Mart down the interstate. They don't have it either. Best Buy doesn't open for another 3 hours...and I'm worried they won't have it either.

Jeeves

Hey I just applied for the friend code spreadsheet, code's 0946-2265-2883, PM me if you add it.

I plan to be on pretty much whenever I've got a free moment, be it morning, day, night, late night......who knows. Also, I've got cherries. Come on down to Hocotate.

I wish the shops would open before I have to go to work! Got a closet packed with sea shells and bee hives.

Where's the picture that tells you what to say to get your facial features the way you want them?

Should really add that and the town layouts to the first post itinerary.

zychi

Banned
Does this game have a code system like the Gamecube version? Like you can tell Nook a code, and the item will appear for you to purchase?

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Heading out to pick up a copy soon. Got a txt from my brother said to get him one as well and the le 3ds Xl for his wife if I can. Doubt ill be able to find that lol.

Ghost23

Has anyone picked Hyrule? I kinda want to change my name.

And I could use some last minute FC's if anyone wants to share. I only have like 5 or 6 gaffers.

4553-9963-5990

nbthedude

I tried three stores so far: 1 Target snd 2 Walmarts.

None of them got any Animal Crossing 3DS XLs in. They did not sell out. They got zero in.

Only the Target store even had the game by itself and they only had one copy. What is going on? Why are units of both the system and game so limited?

I am a little bummed as Animal Crossing is my partner's favorite game. It is almost the only game he plays at all and he has been playing City Folk daily (literally) since the day it came out (he has over $500 million bells!). I wanted to surprise him with the 3DS AC bundle. So I got up at 6:30am before the stores opened and set out.

Did the bundle even come out today or just the stand alone game. I cant believe Target and Walmart both got ZERO of them and only ONE copy of the game between 3 stores.

My next hope is TRU, which opens in about a half hour then Best Buy an hour after that. Prospects look grim, though. This is turning into a bummer. :(

I guess if worse comes to worse I'll do that regular 3DS XL deal at Best Buy and pick up a download card, but that still sucks.

I remade because someone said to get a south facing river because the waterfall looks SO COOL. So I did that and... the waterfall looks pretty nice. Anyhoo here's my new map layout. I was gonna ask if I should make my house at A or B, but I'm already planning to make my house at A.

RB6EWNz.png

Linius

What is everyone's opinion about time traveling? I don't think I'll be doing any of it. For me the real time events are just what makes this game so fun (and addictive) to play. Waiting for villagers to wake up or stores to open or special events to occur :D

MicH

I remade because someone said to get a south facing river because the waterfall looks SO COOL. So I did that and... the waterfall looks pretty nice. Anyhoo here's my new map layout. I was gonna ask if I should make my house at A or B, but I'm already planning to make my house at A.

RB6EWNz.png
That's a great map!!

I feel like an idiot for it taking me over an hour of play to realize that the d-pad lets you quickly toggle between equip-able items (down removes all items). I was getting so frustrated unequipping items in order to shake trees, but that's all resolved now.

I didn't realize the opening questions resulted in different faces. I'm not very happy with my look and am considering restarting. Other than that, the game has been really fun.

Sol1dus

Found an
emerald
Do I just sell it for high profit?

Also, can I go to anyone's town and get a net. I got a few bells you can personally have for it.

bodine1231

I've never played any of the Animal Crossing games. I just watched the Giant Bomb quick look and it looks kinda boring but I realize some games don't come across well on video. Just curious about the appeal of this game.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I never played an Animal Crossing game before but for some reason, the reviews are luring me in here. But I'm kind of running low on cash...Damn. I think I'll probably get it anyway, but I'm not even sure if I'd like the thing.

Linius

I've never played any of the Animal Crossing games. I just watched the Giant Bomb quick look and it looks kinda boring but I realize some games don't come across well on video. Just curious about the appeal of this game.

I must say it's pretty boring to watch gameplay videos of Animal Crossing. To me it's a game I really have to experience my self to get fun out of it. Same goes for Minecraft, I find it pretty boring to see someone else on Youtube build stuff but I could do it for hours my self :p

faridmon

I think we have talked about this a lot, not only here, but everywhere on GAF.

Its one of those games you have to play it to see how addictivaly good it is.

Forkball

I feel like an idiot for it taking me over an hour of play to realize that the d-pad lets you quickly toggle between equip-able items (down removes all items). I was getting so frustrated unequipping items in order to shake trees, but that's all resolved now.

clapping-ha-ha-wtf-shocked-laughing-13538573029.gif

I WISH I KNEW THIS HOURS AGO.

nbthedude

I never played an Animal Crossing game before but for some reason, the reviews are luring me in here. But I'm kind of running low on cash...Damn. I think I'll probably get it anyway, but I'm not even sure if I'd like the thing.

Personally I have only dabbled in the series since the original Gamecub game (it is indeed true that your first AC is always the best) butI will say this: even though they have been very lazy in the sequels thus far, it is still one of the most original franchises around. There is literally nothing else remotely like it.

ngower

Extra 10 CN points, or $5 savings at Kmart be damned, downloading the digital version now.

EDIT: Oh, and I guess this means no pop art bundle.

Philia

Hello everyone! I'm getting my poptart bundle with the digital copy of the game in it preinstalled. My husband is getting his physical copy to play on his OG 3DS. :)

Don't forget to quote the OT to see the link to the submission form to fill in your FC and other info! The sheet of others and their info is at the bottom of the form.

http://nintendo3dscommunity.com/topic/8396-how-to-clean-your-friend-code-list/

This explains how to find out who has deleted you from their Friends List.

Here's my "Starting the game" post.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=61151313&postcount=4188

I'll be sharing screenshots on my twitter. https://twitter.com/Philiaravon

http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/image-share/ This site helps you to send your images to Twitter easily. I think its in jpeg format at the moment.

http://qrcrossing.com/home/ This is a lovely site that has QR codes that you can use your 3DS camera to install these images into your 3DS and into the game itself for you to copy patterns (up to 10 per a character).

This site ALSO has a melody section that you can configure your town tune. :)

And finally, we have a AC GAF chatroom that we can help facilitate a lot of people to visit other towns by their apparent activity in the chat. This chatroom is essenstially a larger Best Friend feature (that is limited to 32 and that you can instant message with ingame) and much more convenient for trading.

Trading fruits, fossils, furnishings, even different timezones can help people to sell their things they otherwise couldn't in their own town. :)

Pm me if you like to visit the chat. Thank you, be safe and have fun!

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Personally I have only dabbled in the series since the original Gamecub game (it is indeed true that your first AC is always the best) butI will say this: even though they have been very lazy in the sequels thus far, it is still one of the most original franchises around. There is literally nothing else remotely like it.

The appeal for me rest in the fact, that I don't need to play for hours on end right? I can just dabble a couple hours a day and call it quit. But at the same time, I got my hands full with tons of games so I'm not sure if I should let the reviews sway me. But yeah, it looks original and quite unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom