• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmithnCo

If you guys need a net/rod, go through Isabelle's tutorial until you get to where she asks your hobby. Pick the one you want then talk to her again and say you can't buy the net/rod.

Mudron

Does anyone know if online friends can still visit your town while your 3DS is in sleep mode?

If you want to let people come pillage your village for fruit and whatnot, do you have to keep the 3DS open?

SimonA

Neo Member
4570-7460-5731(name is Simon) if someone wants to add me, portuguese gaffer here so I won't be able to play until friday... and can't wait for it. All aboard the hype train.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
3D on or off?

I quite like the 3D in ACNL, but to preserve battery I'd need to keep 3D off. I've been playing non stop all morning >_>.

Proven

clapping-ha-ha-wtf-shocked-laughing-13538573029.gif

I WISH I KNEW THIS HOURS AGO.

Seriously?

elohel

3D on or off?

I quite like the 3D in ACNL, but to preserve battery I'd need to keep 3D off. I've been playing non stop all morning >_>.

I gotta say the 3d in this game has some of the least amount of image ghosting I've seen maybe I'm wrong but I think the 3d looks great

DarkWish

When can you start scanning QR codes? Do you have to reach a certain point in the game to be able to do that? I can't seem to find that option.

zychi

Banned
I tried three stores so far: 1 Target snd 2 Walmarts.

None of them got any Animal Crossing 3DS XLs in. They did not sell out. They got zero in.

Only the Target store even had the game by itself and they only had one copy. What is going on? Why are units of both the system and game so limited?

I am a little bummed as Animal Crossing is my partner's favorite game. It is almost the only game he plays at all and he has been playing City Folk daily (literally) since the day it came out (he has over $500 million bells!). I wanted to surprise him with the 3DS AC bundle. So I got up at 6:30am before the stores opened and set out.

Did the bundle even come out today or just the stand alone game. I cant believe Target and Walmart both got ZERO of them and only ONE copy of the game between 3 stores.

My next hope is TRU, which opens in about a half hour then Best Buy an hour after that. Prospects look grim, though. This is turning into a bummer. :(

I guess if worse comes to worse I'll do that regular 3DS XL deal at Best Buy and pick up a download card, but that still sucks.

If you have a Fry's near you, you can do in-store pick up for $200.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I gotta say the 3d in this game has some of the least amount of image ghosting I've seen maybe I'm wrong but I think the 3d looks great

Yeah it's really nice! I don't know whether I should stick to it or turn it off for more battery lol.

What have I done D:
Promised Daisy to catch her a tarantula.

I'm fucked lol
Hate spiders and bad experiences with those in wild world. Guess tonight is going to be even more fun.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
For those complaining about a Fishing Rod, Isabelle will sell you one after you complete some of her task. Either that, or a Bug Net, depending on which answer you give.

Clockwork5

Adding FCs while I wait for Gamestop to open. Never played AC before, but between the hype on this thread and the hype in the reviews I have decided to jump in. I kinda feel silly jumping into this series as a grown man, but preconceived notions be damned. I am excite. Can't wait to see the veteran AC player's towns.

nbthedude

If you have a Fry's near you, you can do in-store pick up for $200.

No Frys around here but thanks for the heads up.

An update so far (these are all at store opening before they sold any):

Walmart # 1- Animal Crossing: 0 Animal Crossing: 3DS XL 0

Walmart # 2- Animal Crossing: 0 Animal Crossing: 3DS XL 0

Target- Animal Crossing: 1 Animal Crossing: 3DS XL 0

Toys R US- Animal Crossing: 2 Animal Crossing: 3DS XL 0

Last hope, Best Buy (I am not even going to try Gamestop or Sears).

Is Nintendo's retail presence really this abysmal now?

Interesting in thing happened
Doc told me not to look in his locker since something might fall out. I looked in there, and saw a mama bear. And he turned around to tell me I won his treasure hunt and gave it to me.

Gave it away to Daisy. She has given me nifty presents :).

BTW, the difference between selling at nookling and re-tail is that you get 20% more for selling at re-tail

Forkball

Anyone know if it matters whether you sell at Nookling or Re-Tail?

Re-Tail is better I believe. Plus they pay more for a special item each day. Also I read that the money you make from them adds up to unlock special features in the store later.

I just read that this game sold more copies in Japan than City Folk did worldwide (NL has over 3.8 million copies so far). I didn't even bother with City Folk, but I think a lot of people want to get back into this series and New Leaf is a great reintroduction thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom