• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh. I'm likely not going to be able to really play till next weekend at this rate so I'm not going to worry about leaving or having people over till then. If anyone who has me on their list wants to make room for more active people this first week, I'll understand.

Megatron

I am so impatient to get a fishing pole. Anyone got a spare one they would trade me? I'd give up my bug net or some fruit or something...

Does anyone know if we'll be able to sell our turnips in other towns? Like if Kiryu's store is giving 300 bells a turnup we can all go over to his town and get that price?

Also, I have a perfect apple that I would trade for any other perfect fruit.

FrsDvl

What else can I do to up my approval rating? I'm at 85 percent now. I've been talking to neighbors, watering plants and pulling weeds.

And a changed the tune and flag of my town.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Fianlly got my copy #teamretail. just wondering for when you're on the train, the town layouts that Rover gives you, what does the arrow symbol mean?

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Downloaded it last night and played a bit this morning and enjoying it so far--it's my first AC game.

Just played through the tutorial and up through making the down payment on my house.

RagnarokX

Pretty happy with my town layout:

hNhpgBH.jpg

Maximum unbroken beach, Re-Tail next to beach, apples.

Cbajd5

Okay, I guess I'll put my friend code out there so I can do more stuff or whatever.

PM me your friend code for me to add if you add mine.

4382 - 1972 - 3127

Also, why are you guys trading perfect fruits and not planting them?

I thought you can only plant them to get more if it's you native fruit.

iiicon

So I went to pick up my copy at 11, then thought I'd head out to a cafe and settle my town while I grab a coffee before I went home. 90 minutes pass before I got up. Now I see why this game is so addictive (and why this topic shot up 20 pages since New Leaf was uploaded to the eShop)!

So I ended up getting this, never played Animal Crossing before.

Add me, I'll try to people from here to. Let me know if you add me so I'm sure I added you!

FC: 3093-7272-2742

Pikma

Banned
I ended up having to wait for the physical version since Amazon already shipped it, you guys should stop playing and wait for me. And that's not a recommendation, it's more like an order.

Where do you buy the fishing rod from?

Check the store up north with Tom's kids. If it's not there, talk to Isabelle frequently for advice until you get to the subject of fishing and bug catching (if you're lucky; she will stop giving advice when she states she has given all she can). Choose 'fishing', but then say you don't have a rod. She'll sell you one for 500 bells.

Kenai

My town is open to visitors! We apparently grow peaches in Demacia. If everything's bare, <100 bells at the flea market.

3523-2059-4138

Megatron

Okay, I guess I'll put my friend code out there so I can do more stuff or whatever.

PM me your friend code for me to add if you add mine.

4382 - 1972 - 3127

Also, why are you guys trading perfect fruits and not planting them?

I thought you can only plant them to get more if it's you native fruit.

Is that true? I didn't know that.

Megatron

If the bees in this game are like the ones in WW, just catch them with the net and they won't sting...
It can be a little tricky to catch them, but they are worth a lot of bells if I remember correctly

you CAN run from them also. I managed to run into the train station before they could get me.

Eyothrie

AC noob questions...

1) If I'm visiting someone else's town, how do I gift them something? I want to give them a few of my fruits so they can grow these fruit trees there.

2) My house will be ready 'tomorrow' in the game. Does that mean tomorrow real time, as in Monday?

3) I seem to have maxed out everything I can do until I get a house. I picked all the fruit, picked up all the shells, and dug up all the fossils. Is this basically it for me today? I wanna keep playing! haha

Betty

Banned
AC noob questions...

1) If I'm visiting someone else's town, how do I gift them something? I want to give them a few of my fruits so they can grow these fruit trees there.

2) My house will be ready 'tomorrow' in the game. Does that mean tomorrow real time, as in Monday?

3) I seem to have maxed out everything I can do until I get a house. I picked all the fruit, picked up all the shells, and dug up all the fossils. Is this basically it for me today? I wanna keep playing! haha

1) Just drop the item on the ground in their town.

2) Yes, if you synched the game with your real time.

3) Well you can catch fish or bugs for tomorrow to sell, or visit other people towns, especially those on a different timezone and sell/buy things at their shops.

Eyothrie

1) Just drop the item on the ground in their town.

2) Yes, if you synched the game with your real time.

3) Well you can catch fish or bugs for tomorrow to sell, or visit other people towns, especially those on a different timezone and sell/buy things at their shops.

Thanks. One more question. How can I set the game to be active in the evening? I work days Monday-Friday, so I'll be playing mostly at night.

Roto13

AC noob questions...

1) You can attach stuff to a letter or just leave it on the ground. I don't think you can mail fruit though.

2) Everything in Animal Crossing uses real time.

3) Talk to people and do stuff they ask you to do, catch fish and bugs to donate them to the museum or sell them, pick up some seashells for mad cash, visit someone else's town and loot it for fruit, ask Isabelle what you can do to increase your popularity. (You can get it all the way up to 100% in one day.)

Eyothrie

1) You can attach stuff to a letter or just leave it on the ground. I don't think you can mail fruit though.

2) Everything in Animal Crossing uses real time.

3) Talk to people and do stuff they ask you to do, catch fish and bugs to donate them to the museum or sell them, pick up some seashells for mad cash, visit someone else's town and loot it for fruit, ask Isabelle what you can do to increase your popularity. (You can get it all the way up to 100% in one day.)

isn't this frowned upon? I assumed that if I pick friends' fruit, they'd go without it.

FrsDvl

I accidently sold my bug net.. Does anyone have one for sale in their town?

1332-7711-7298 add me if you do, or if you don't. I can always use more friends!

Columbus, OH GAF: Found 3 physical copies, if you're looking for one. 3 left at 1221 Georgesville Rd. Just got them to pull them out from behind desk.

I had one on hold at a place that had 2 left, called to cancel it, turns out by the time she went back to reserve the copy, it was already sold and gone.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Went to Best Buy and bought a blue XL but they had a truck problem and did not have the game. If I download it on my XL, can my daughter download it on her 3DS if we share an account?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom