• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm hearing the NES unlockable games are also missing from this one, like they were from the DS version. In the original AC, my main driving force in playing was trying to collect all the unlockable games.

Is there anything comparable in value that can be unlocked? I've never really been wowed by decoration items, but hidden playable content is definitely a goal to work toward. Thanks!

They were one of my favorite things about the GCN one as well and I think a reason why I never gave Wild World or City Folk a chance. I know they have Virtual Console now but I would love some NES Animal Crossing themed games. Maybe a few screens of Zelda with Tortimor as Link running around killing things or Isabelle in Balloon Fight. I liked the novelty of having them more than playing with them anyways.

for some reason i cannot connect with people online. i manage to see their towns, but once i click their town name, it attempts to connect for roughly 30 sec, before getting error message 018-0512 (same for people visiting me). looked it up on nintendo's site and its a general interference error.

any ideas on how to fix this? :-/

Willxc123

The Nooklings had a fishing rod and a shovel today. Went out and like the first fish I caught was:

Later I saw this balloon gift floating in from the ocean. It passed THROUGH MY HEAD, but I still couldn't grab it. Get a slingshot soon, Nooklings!

BMVmxQFCMAAd-Wo.jpg:large

Little known fact, as the balloon gifts approach the cliffs from either direction, it lowers slightly, and you can smack them down with your bug net. Seriously, check it out.

Inertia

Neo Member
for some reason i cannot connect with people online. i manage to see their towns, but once i click their town name, it attempts to connect for roughly 30 sec, before getting error message 018-0512 (same for people visiting me). looked it up on nintendo's site and its a general interference error.

any ideas on how to fix this? :-/

Same problem. Would like to get an answer for this hopefully

Bracket

Name's Mayor Bracket of Tucker. I got pears and am trying to grow peaches. My neighbors are:
Tammi the monkey
Hamphrey the hamster
Mathilda the kangaroo
Drift the frog
Vesta the ram

Hamphrey's music is so awesome as it contrasts him so well. I also got
Majora's
mask out of my first fortune cookie. Pretty cool.

Anyway, my friend code is 0516-7372-1306.

Let me know if you add me.

Rootbeer

Banned
copy acquired and regged on club nintendo! i now how 2200 coins. by far the most i've ever had. and there's still more games coming!

anyway, gonna dive into this

Betty

Banned
I have absolutely no idea what to do! Do I eat my pears or sell them? And what else do I do!? o_O

You can trade them with other people, you can sell them, you can plant them in a hole a make a new pear tree, you can send them as gifts, you can store them, etc.

Seul Fantome

Neo Member
I've got my gates open at the moment. Feel free to join in if you see me.

Please add me! 3952-7033-3602 cherries!

Gates closed. :(

Adding everyone in this page, add me too! 3050 8898 2180

just added my info to the list.
0044-2803-2487
hope some people add me as i have zero friends with this game right now.

I added you guys.

My friend code: 3738-0031-5973 Everybody's free to add me.

I have apples, though my town is kinda bare at the moment.

Cramoss

Si, y hasta esta mejor que en ingles porque a veces parece que los animales hablan de verdad.

well that could be for better or worse depending if you like how the animals sound when they're talking.

thanks for the confirmation bro! a friend will be glad.

Quake1028

Wife picked it up for me today. Only played a bit of AC on the Gamecube, never really got sucked in. I have a strange feeling on a handheld that this game is going to suck away a lot of time.

mattchuuu

Neo Member
I have an etiquette question. If I visit someone's town, is it rude to talk to their villagers? I'm asking because I just read that villagers will likely move to your town if you talk to them while they are openly considering moving. I know some people here really enjoy having certain characters in their town so now I'm wondering if it's a bad idea to talk to them.

To people looking for something to do in the game, try writing funny letters to villagers that will be shown to us when we talk to your villagers (assuming you're okay us talking to them). Maybe challenge yourself to focus it around an object you attach to the letter. It's pretty fun :)

Is soft reset (L+R+Start+Select) disabled in this game or something? Doesn't seem to work when I'm talking to Rover. Guess you have to do it the old fashioned way?

zroid

Banned
i should probably stop donating everything i find and actually try to make this down payment...

in other news: Miranda's house is really awesome

I've been fishing on and off today, getting relatively mediocre catches, and then just now have caught two sharks within 3 minutes of one another.

What in the hell? :|

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
EEEEEEEEEEEEEvil, I boot up the game for the first time and it shows Bob; start the game and he's not a villager.

I have an etiquette question. If I visit someone's town, is it rude to talk to their villagers? I'm asking because I just read that villagers will likely move to your town if you talk to them while they are openly considering moving. I know some people here really enjoy having certain characters in their town so now I'm wondering if it's a bad idea to talk to them.

To people looking for something to do in the game, try writing funny letters to villagers that will be shown to us when we talk to your villagers (assuming you're okay us talking to them). Maybe challenge yourself to focus it around an object you attach to the letter. It's pretty fun :)

I hope not, I went to some Potomac Mike's village and chatted up all his peep's.

Need to check if there is a general etiquette FAQ in the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom