• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeeman

OK, I really need to slow down, I'm going to burn myself out on the first day here. But I just keep finding new things!

Timeless

How much would it cost for Nintendo to run dedicated servers for this game? It would be radical, especially if Nintendo's servers had "exclusive" town layouts, destinations, etc.

I'm getting sick of connection issues and everything stopping whenever someone enters or leaves.

OnlyWonderBoy

Neo Member
What are the benefits of selling things at Re-tail instead or Nooks? How different are the prices they give you for items? Anyone get any sort of general sense yet?

hwy_61

Banned
So, after spending about 5 hours or so with ACNL, I'm utterly smitten with this damned game. As someone who's never played Animal Crossing, I honestly went from what the hell is this, to oh god damn it GET OVER HERE YOU STUPID DRAGONFLY.

My favorite thing so far is filling up the museum with all the shit I find in my town (Duderton). And by the looks of allllllllll the empty spots in the museum, I'm with ACNL for the long haul.

I LOVE ANIMAL CROSSING!!!!!

Revven

What am I supposed to do in this game? My house will be built tomorrow, I've bought all the tools I need, and now it seems there is nothing more for me to do than fish and run around. Is this what I can expect from the game moving forward? If so, I fear this game may not be for me.

The game opens up more overtime. You'll start to do less of the fishing and more of the other things if you give it some time. I don't totally recommend trying to play the game for hours on end every day; it's the kind of game you might just wanna play for only an hour or so and then come back to it the next day so you don't get tired of it.

The first few days of every AC game are typically... very routine and boring. It's not until you get your first house upgrade that things will probably click better.

It also helps to set yourself some goals on what you wanna do with your time in the game. It's not just about upgrading the house all the way asap (though ofc you can make that one of your goals) but it's about having multiple things to work towards as each day passes.

Doorman

I just posted an incriminating story on the bulletin board of my friend's town about his suspected illicit affair. Maybe his village will impeach him!

He deserves it, though. Almost his entire starting roster of villagers is better than mine from top to bottom. I hope that some of these villager turnover rates are quick.

Azura

Still looking for fruit, anyone currently online? I need all fruit but pears.

my friend code is 1263-6122-8378

Thank you!

MrDaravon

I'm still on day one so I can't do the flag or tune change yet, but can I make the town flag design at the clothing shop and save it as a pro design? I'm not sure if those designs are universal or not, I'm guessing not since it asks specifically if you want to make a shirt, tank or hat? Was hoping to make my town flag design to pass time, guess I could try making some sick dbz silk shirts though

bennyc12

Fellow Mayoral Gaffers: My friend code is 2878-9606-5674, if you ever wish to visit the lovely town of Hell. (We currently have oranges and pears).

Make sure to PM me so I can add you back.

First AC game here. Loving it so far but would definitely like to visit some of your towns GAF.

FC is: 2664-2114-5364

I'll try and add as many I can from the list! See you all in the game!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I wanted to play Animal Crossing, but I didn't have a 3DS, so it wasn't a big deal.

Then I managed to get a sweet price on an Ambassador-enabled 3DS with a couple games already in it here on GAF last week, but I live overseas. That 3DS can arrive to me anywhere from next week to 60 days from now.

And it's driving me FUCKING INSANE

If I didn't buy it, I wouldn't be salivating this much for Animal Crossing (I never actually played one. I always wanted to, but never did).

Fucking goddamn.

I'm in desparate need of a net!

If anyone has one that they would be willing to give me let me know!

I have bells and fruit!

FC: 0001-3645-2804

Kush

Neo Member
I'm loving the game so far, but would love to have some more friends to visit and whatnot.

My friend code is 5155 - 3066 - 8042.

PM me with you code if you add me so I know to add you back. Now, back to Animal Crossing I must go!

Dicer

Banned
I'm in desparate need of a net!

If anyone has one that they would be willing to give me let me know!

I have bells and fruit!

FC: 0001-3645-2804

Keep talking to Isabelle and do her stuff, then say you want to catch bugs, And then she can offer you a net for 500 bells

LtOrange

This might be a crazy question but how do I restart and choose a new layout. I seem to have no save data to delete and can not figure out how to start over.

NY Giants representin'

tumblr_mo5ds8ekZw1sr5pp4o1_400.jpg

I'm going open back up in a few days. My fruit trees are barren

I have a perfect orange tree planted at my train station. Once it bears fruit I'll open back up...

DryvBy

Need more friends. And I can't play until dumb ol' Amazon ships me my leaf. What a drug dealer...

FC me, I'll FC you,
This is just the thing to do,
Something something something,
Dumdumdumdumdum,
Promise not to cut trees down for you.

FC: 1676-3694-7556

Keep talking to Isabelle and do her stuff, then say you want to catch bugs, And then she can offer you a net for 500 bells

I know but I chose catch fish (stupidly) when I already had a fishing rod for sale in my store and no net in the store. So now im stuck without a net and there's nothing I can do except beg gaf for one lol.

Cbajd5

What is the quickest way to get your % of population happiness or whatever up to 100%? I've watered the flowers, talked to everybody like eight times, fished trash out, pulled weeds, and I'm only at 42%. Ugh. I just want to be able to do fun, new things! Mayorly things!

Posting a bulletin on the board might help, sending letters, changing town tune & flag, doing stuff for neighbors, and what you've done. That got me to 91%, but after going to another town and doing some of the same stuff got me to 100% finally. (Although that might not have been what pushed it up, but it's the only thing I did.)

Now to wait until I've got my house tomorrow...

Need more friends. And I can't play until dumb ol' Amazon ships me my leaf. What a drug dealer...

FC me, I'll FC you,
This is just the thing to do,
Something something something,
Dumdumdumdumdum,
Promise not to cut trees down for you.

FC: 1676-3694-7556

Added you
4656-6353-8139

Elija2

Well, Bob (the dude that everyone seems to love) is in my village.

I paid the down payment for my house and Isabelle isn't suggesting anymore things to do and is telling me to rest. Am I done for the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom