• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trike

Quick question: will my town's name add "Town" to the end of it? Like if my town's name is "Brown" will it be "Brown Town"? Also, is it possible to change your town's name?

meant shovel, not axe. my bad. trying to get an axe now
KuGsj.gif

Haha ok! That makes sense

Erudite

Friend code is 0490-4968-2027.

Have peaches.

Added
FC: 1779-0230-5241

I have cherries and will add anyone who adds me.

My FC is :4597-0746-0670

Thanks!

Added
FC: 1779-0230-5241

Added.

Friend code's 4425-2853-1018. Have peaches if anyone wants to trade. Anything else is good.

Ok guys, you convinced me. My first animal crossing! Download version to boot!

My friend code is:5413-0237-7169

Whomever adds me will be promptly added!

Added.

So how's everyone that never played an Animal Crossing liking the game so far? Bored yet, having fun and you don't know why, or just plain having fun?

I played very briefly on the DS back in the day, but I am definitely in the "having fun and don't know why" category. I need to register some friends! I am just contemplating whether or not to sell my rare butterflies and fish or donate them >.<

Bsigg12

I have sea bass, zebraturkey fish, red snapper, butterfly fish and black bass currently with me if anyone needs it in their museum.

Fc is 0061-0125-7074

Roto13

I played very briefly on the DS back in the day, but I am definitely in the "having fun and don't know why" category. I need to register some friends! I am just contemplating whether or not to sell my rare butterflies and fish or donate them >.<

Donate them. Then when you catch more, you can sell them.

Goli

I caught a hammerhead shark!
hni_0059kgql6.jpg

And I saved up enough money to instantly pay for the next house upgrade tomorrow!
hni_0064oro59.jpg

I thought I wouldn't be able to since I had already payed the 10,000 bell down payment, AND I bought everything at every store in my town, plus some stuff at other people's.

My first day has gone pretty well. I forgot that I had a screenshot function in the game until after the ceremony where you plant the tree, which I was kinda bummed about because I wanted to get a picture of that moment. Ah, well.

Don't particularly care about my villagers, save Simon. Rasher is coming around, mostly because I got to change his greeting to "Long time no see" (brownie points for those that get the reference). Definitely not as good as when I started my last town in City Folk, where my initial villagers were pretty much all amazing. :(

Haven't done any online yet, but I usually put that sort of thing off for my first day or so so I can settle into my town first.

Giontatas26

Neo Member
Balloon going by with no slingshot is the worst feeling ever.

Also..

If my wife makes a character can she shake trees etc? Or is that only once for the entire game that day?

Track the ballon as it reaches a cliff, hit with shovel or rod.

Now how do I get isabelle to give me a rod? I've paid my downpayment etc.

Sponge

Banned
Hey, I'm having a problem connecting to one of my friends.

My friend and I can connect to any other friend, but we can't connect to any game that one of us are in. It didn't work in Luigi's Mansion, and now Animal Crossing. Does anyone know what we should do?

Hey, I'm having a problem connecting to one of my friends.

My friend and I can connect to any other friend, but we can't connect to any game that one of us are in. It didn't work in Luigi's Mansion, and now Animal Crossing. Does anyone know what we should do?

Isn't something like this usually caused by a NAT issue? I've no idea how to resolve it though.

Revven

My wife is running into this same problem on her copy of the game. Will she only allow you back there during the day?

Those of you who have access to the mayor chair, how do you get it? Isabelle is just telling me to rest.

Yes, for the first day if you're starting at night and set up your tent with Nook etc you won't be able to do any of the mayor stuff until at least the second or third day.

Think of the first day or two as a tutorial of sorts. It sucks but that's how they've decided to do it. The chair doesn't open up until you have your tent and met all the villagers. At night, the villagers are asleep so... you can't meet them all. Gotta wait 'til the next day in that instance.

You'll be able to change it so you can be on a Night Owl shift once you've got your Development Permit.

Yes, for the first day if you're starting at night and set up your tent with Nook etc you won't be able to do any of the mayor stuff until at least the second or third day.

Think of the first day or two as a tutorial of sorts. It sucks but that's how they've decided to do it. The chair doesn't open up until you have your tent and met all the villagers. At night, the villagers are asleep so... you can't meet them all. Gotta wait 'til the next day in that instance.

You'll be able to change it so you can be on a Night Owl shift once you've got your Development Permit.

Awesome, thanks for the quick response. My wife was going crazy thinking she'd missed some tiny step somewhere.

I had fun playing today, I did everything except getting my 100% approval rating

My FC is: 1504-5738-5878

add me if you want and post your FC here or send me a DM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom