• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_mo5p8ikhaU1sv134do1_400.jpg

woah

Gotta love the localization team lol

Elija2

Actually, no. They're middle-men for Re-tail, so they have to sell for less so they can make a profit. That's why you make less.

So there isn't any reason to ever sell your stuff there? Then why do they give you the option?

I've received better prices at Nookling Junction before. Maybe you have to always check both? :\

There's no way I'm running back and forth between both shops every time I want to sell something just to maybe make a few more bells.

Ozone

First day in the books, and I've already paid off my first debt, have 4 types of fruit, and have 130,000 bells in the bank.

I think I'm on the right path.

Raptomex

Quite a day. I fished like crazy. I got the Fish Maniac badge because my fish encyclopedia is 50% complete already. I was able to pay off the first down payment and I have over 167 grand in the bank. Interest is still present here, right? I still have 50 grand on me. Ready for tomorrow.

HoJu

Quite a day. I fished like crazy. I got the Fish Maniac badge because my fish encyclopedia is 50% complete already. I was able to pay off the first down payment and I have over 167 grand in the bank. Interest is still present here, right? I still have 50 grand on me. Ready for tomorrow.
Jesus. How long have you been playing?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
What do I do when a fish bites on the first "bob"? Everytime I reel in when that happens it just skitters off.

mb.exe

I seem to have more luck landing sharks by starting out slower instead of whaling on the A button like crazy as soon as they bite

corn_fest

Wait, you guys are hitting A more than once when you fish?
Having played every version, I'm pretty sure the fish is locked on just by pressing A once.
Or have I just been ridiculously lucky?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Multiple bobs. It nibbles at the sinker but when the sunker goes under water you press A. There's a different sound and the fish will splash around.

I know but sometimes it goes under on the very first bob. Everytime I try to reel in when it goes in on the first bob and I hear the "*sploosh*" sound, it always gets away.

Eyothrie

First animal crossing game, and I think I'm playing it wrong. It appears that I have nothing else to do today. I've picked/shoveled everything, bought my house that should unlock tomorrow, bought all the furniture and clothes I want, created a town song and flag, made a pro shirt, and visited a couple of towns where everything was sold out. But man they were further along than my town, haha. So am I supposed to just wait now? I assume that these other town players manipulated the clock, which I'm not going to be doing. Any advice? Am I doing this right?

SoulUnison

Banned
So according to my Activity Log, I've played New Leaf 68 times, which mean I soft reset at least 60 times just trying to find a map layout that really spoke to me.

Anyway, I'm a 24 year old male on the west coast of the USA. (PST Time Zone).

Name: James
Town: Knothole
Fruit: Pears
3DS FC: 1590 - 4697 - 1489

I'm on my 3DS (and in range of Wi-Fi,) every night before bed and usually for a bit every morning before I wrench myself out of bed. So basically you count on me to have my gates open for at least an hour or two every night between 11PM and 6AM, PST.

If you're around my age and the times match up with when you'd be putting in your daily AC, PM me your FC, and I'll add you to my list, too! Can't wait!

And, I guess, just for the sake of it, I'll list that I also have KI: Uprising, MK7, RE: Mercenaries 3D, DOA: Dimensions, SSF4: 3D and Sonic Generations, as far as online-enabled titles go.

So, yeah! Sorry, this is my first real Animal Crossing, and I might be a bit too excited.
Let's do this! Fruit and fishing! This pelican lady gave me a rainbow! Hoo yeah!

First animal crossing game, and I think I'm playing it wrong. It appears that I have nothing else to do today. I've picked/shoveled everything, bought my house that should unlock tomorrow, bought all the furniture and clothes I want, created a town song and flag, made a pro shirt, and visited a couple of towns where everything was sold out. But man they were further along than my town, haha. So am I supposed to just wait now? I assume that these other town players manipulated the clock, which I'm not going to be doing. Any advice? Am I doing this right?

It's a marathon, not a sprint. :)

Betty

Banned

Yes, some may have manipulated the clock, and generally speaking after the shops close your choices become limited.

But you can always visit someone else's town and continue to sell things there.

I have no 3DS owning friends and I got this last night and haven't been able to do a whole lot yet. I'm on Central Standard Time in the US.

Please add me to your friend list
1246-8879-0242

I deleted everything I possibly could ( other than my games ) and I'm still 834 blocks short of being able to download this game. 6002 blocks is ridiculously large. Nintendo should have packed in a larger SD card if they wanted gamers to move onto digital downloads

I haven't played since the GCN version, and I'm having a hard time figuring some stuff out.

First, are there no fetch quests in this version? Or am I misremembering the old one?

Is there anything that I absolutely should not sell other than Perfect Fruit (before I plant a tree) and fossils? What about bugs and ore?

Can the same rock be hit more than once? This tip from Pocket Gamer is confusing: "For maximum Bells per rock, dig some holes behind you to create a buffer that will stop you being pushed backwards from the ricochet of your shovel. This will slow you and enable you to get even more Bells out of the rock per day."

Is there a faster way to change equipment? There's a spider that crawls down when I shake the tree, but it crawls back up before I can switch to my net.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom