• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobius 1

tumblr_mo5ot2fY721sv5d8jo1_400.jpg

Whipping out my eel for all to see.

ohlawd

I deleted everything I possibly could ( other than my games ) and I'm still 834 blocks short of being able to download this game. 6002 blocks is ridiculously large. Nintendo should have packed in a larger SD card if they wanted gamers to move onto digital downloads

The OG 3DS comes with a 2 gig, XL comes with a 4 gig.

Not a coincidence they started their push for DD around the XL's release.

I haven't played since the GCN version, and I'm having a hard time figuring some stuff out.

First, are there no fetch quests in this version? Or am I misremembering the old one?

Is there a faster way to change equipment? There's a spider that crawls down when I shake the tree, but it crawls back up before I can switch to my net.

1) By fetch quests do you mean when your villagers ask you to get specific items or return things they have to other villagers? If so those are still in the game, I've already done a couple.

2) Left and right on the D-Pad switch between important items. Down on the D-Pad puts the items away.

Xerotwo

Just started playing this game for the very first time, it's pretty interesting (except for the bees...)
My FC is: 3711-6795-4578

My code : 1263-5551-2089

EST -4/-5 time zone . Will be looking to visit late and will have my town open late -- night owl ordinance when I can get it.

Already have many of you, thanks for adding, and I'm on the sheet. City name changed though, will be Potomac Mike. ( have GAF username in my NL bio )

Proven

I haven't played since the GCN version, and I'm having a hard time figuring some stuff out.

First, are there no fetch quests in this version? Or am I misremembering the old one?

Is there anything that I absolutely should not sell other than Perfect Fruit (before I plant a tree) and fossils? What about bugs and ore?

Can the same rock be hit more than once? This tip from Pocket Gamer is confusing: "For maximum Bells per rock, dig some holes behind you to create a buffer that will stop you being pushed backwards from the ricochet of your shovel. This will slow you and enable you to get even more Bells out of the rock per day."

Is there a faster way to change equipment? There's a spider that crawls down when I shake the tree, but it crawls back up before I can switch to my net.

Zen_Arcade already answered two. For the rest:

There's a fake rock in town every day. It gives you a type of item that you won't be able to use for a while, so I'm selling them until they matter.

There is a money rock every day. Every time you hit it with your shovel (and I think axe) a bit of money will come out, increasing with every hit. However, every time you hit you'll also be slowly pushed back. If you don't hit the rock again within a second, the money stops coming out. So putting holes behind you so you don't get pushed back helps you get the maximum money amount.

Buying a 3DS XL tomorrow and this game. Any way both her and I can have separate characters?

Yes, but only one of you can be the mayor. (Whoever makes their character first, I assume)

Is there anything that I absolutely should not sell other than Perfect Fruit (before I plant a tree) and fossils? What about bugs and ore?

Can the same rock be hit more than once? This tip from Pocket Gamer is confusing: "For maximum Bells per rock, dig some holes behind you to create a buffer that will stop you being pushed backwards from the ricochet of your shovel. This will slow you and enable you to get even more Bells out of the rock per day."

Left and Right on the D-Pad take out your most recently equipped...equipment, if you press a direction again it will start to scroll through equipable items. Down on the D-Pad will unequip whatever you have equipped.
I kept talking to my neighbors and they started asking me to do fetch quests and deliver some things, so keep talking to them.

That's all I can really answer. I haven't played AC since the gamecube so I'm not much of an expert.

ohlawd

Very welcome! I didn't notice it at first either. I had like ten coins taking up all my slots. I did it on accident and literally went "GuuWAAAAH?".

This game is insane.

My brain is slowly turning into ectoplasm and its oozing out of every orifice in my body thanks to the new info of AC I learn every second.

What else should I ask?

Well, I'm already approved as mayor and long have paid off my debt. I've been getting lots of gifts from my neighbors so that was nice. Only have 20,000 bells though which is paltry compared to some 100,000 people have here.

Proven

Two more things:

You have a free storage area in the train station. It's a locker on the right side. The items there are linked to any storage furniture you put in your house, and can also be accessed from the train locker in another person's town. So don't leave junk on the ground.

You will get to a point where "there's nothing left to do". That's natural. Animal Crossing isn't a game that does well when you play it constantly. Maybe a binge here and there, but that's it. Take a break, play another game, read the forums some, make some friends here in the thread or in the chatroom. Animal Crossing is a game that's designed around things that take time to do, where you need to put in time over the course of days to get something out of it. This includes friendships.

Aw, shit.

How long to letters take to deliver?

I tried to mail my wife a fishing rod since she'd be playing tonight. She's playing now and it hasn't arrived :\

Proven

Also, the money rocks were in the GCN version! You old players should be ashamed for not remembering! For me, it was even more cool than making money trees.

Ok got the game installed and the 3dsxl up and running. I want to make sure and add friend codes before things get insane tomorrow.

I'm going to go through the pages now, and I'll hit the master list a little later. I'm on the West Coast U.S. Looking forward to the game!

I'm at 4313-0588-8609

Bsigg12

Can't be that, since some letters I sent about 4 hours ago have arrived.

The fishing rod was last though and it was only like 2 hours ago.

It could be that there are just set delivery times -- like 6am and 6pm, or something.

Hmm weird. Maybe there are set pickup and delivery times. Is it in the digital manual?

Jachaos

Also, the money rocks were in the GCN version! You old players should be ashamed for not remembering! For me, it was even more cool than making money trees.

Those red rocks, it often was the closest one to the plaza where all four homes were.

By the way, I'm stuck at 80% approval. I've put in tons of fish in the museum, disposed of a bunch of trash, changed the town flag and tune, posted a message besides the train station, ran errands for many, now everybody's tired of me talking to them. I've read some have managed to get a 100% in a day. How do you do it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom