• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

RawNuts

My friend has the best villager.

HNI_0036.JPG

HNI_0037.JPG

HNI_0033.JPG

HNI_0035.JPG

Awesome swapnote as well, Norante.

LostAnkh

Got the game this morning! Had fun until I finished with the down payment...
Oh the wait for tomorrow morning isn't going to be pleasant, and there's E3....

Friend code is:
4141-2555-9158

Message me if you're going to add me.

Neonsands

Neo Member
Is there any use for rubies apart from getting cash?

I believe somebody mentioned that the husband in Re-Tail can do something with them when he wakes up. That's after selling 10,000 bells worth of stuff there, if I remember correctly. No idea what this does, though.

I believe somebody mentioned that the husband in Re-Tail can do something with them when he wakes up. That's after selling 10,000 bells worth of stuff there, if I remember correctly. No idea what this does, though.

*100,000. betta get sellin.

also when you spend 12,000 at the nook store, it upgrades.

Vibranium

Banned
Heh, my 3DS Mii name is my GAF tag but I just used my first name in-game because unfortunately it's too long :( Seems kind of silly but whatever :p

To everyone who can't get a fishing rod yet: I feel your pain, so annoying.

zroid

Banned

Ah, alrighty. Thanks.

*100,000. betta get sellin.

also at 12,000 the nook store upgrades

Yikes! Well, I guess I'll just stuff it in storage for a little while. I've probably sold around 20k ish by now.

Ok, I mentioned that this would be my first true animal crossing game earlier in the thread. I also stated that I was going to purchase two copies of the game, one for me and one for my wife; and so here is our first day.

I had mentioned to my wife to keep the day clear today, she use to love those crappy Zynga games and free 2pLAY ios games, she dabled with Nintendogs for a while but went back to playing Bingo and slots. So I told her we were going on a "trip" she hates suprises, so I told her we were going on a "train" when I handed her the copy of AC she busted out laughing for ten minutes awkwardly (she spent time getting dressed and made up)((I tried my best to discourage her from doing so)) finally after 15 minutes of laughing she humored me and started her adventure reluctantly in AC.

Besides bathroom breaks and dinner we played 12 hours straight!!!!! (we didn't even eat lunch) it was amazing! she was hooked 20 minutes into it.
She payed down her down payment quicker than me, excelled at fishing, shopped, and didn't want to stop. Better, she neglected her ios games all day long.

She truly can't wait for the next day in AC. She is a 100% converted AC fan now. I owe this thread for pushing me over the edge to buy this. We havent gamed together like this since Mario Kart 7 came out.

Time to go to sleep, I have a couple more days off and need to rest before I start day 2.

If anyone wants to add me- 5198-2438-1833
Im EST/EDT My towns name is Ivalice and I have peaches native.
I don't run through towns or trash them.

I'll be on for the foreseeable future (year+) at least two-three times per day.
I swapnote responsibly.

Pastry

Banned
Nothing to do tonight :( Started my game when all the shops are closed and my assistant won't give me a fishing pole. She just tells me to go and meet Papi but he's asleep.

Megatron

What's the point of turnips and turnip prices?

It's the Stalk market. You buy stalks of turnips on Sundays (if you choose) for whatever price Joan is selling. Then every day you have a chance to sell them to retail. You never know if the price will go up or down the next day, and if you don't sell them Saturday they rot and you can't sell them at all. So it's all gambling.

What's the point of turnips and turnip prices?

You buy turnips on sundays from joan for a fixed price. Then the price at retail fluctuates throughout the week. The idea is to buy them cheap from joan and sell them high at retail.

Its called playin the stalk market, baby.

edit: lol beaten

Quick question. My wife and I are super excited about getting this game. I hooked her to AC on the ds a few years ago and she played it for a year pretty much every day.

Question is if we should get our own copies or will it be as fun living in the same town. How does it work if you have multiple people living in the same town?

When is the catalog available if at all? I've been selling things thinking they would be added to the catalog then couldn't see an option for it. Will this be unlocked later?

pariah164

Quick question. My wife and I are super excited about getting this game. I hooked her to AC on the ds a few years ago and she played it for a year pretty much every day.

Question is if we should get our own copies or will it be as fun living in the same town. How does it work if you have multiple people living in the same town?

Multiple people can live in your town, up to 4, but only the first is mayor. If you both want the mayoral experience, you will have to play separately. Also, if you play separately, you can trade fruits with one another.

quabba

putting my FC out here for anyone to add. Need some people to do stuff with. I'm in Australia so GMT+10, any other players in Aus/Asia or just happen to play about this time of day.

FC 4828-4297-6613 PM if you add so I can add you.

I have apples.

when can we go to the island? I want dat cash.

At least 2 days from now :(

Step 1: Upgrade to a House

When you first start the game, you live in a tent. Pay off your loan to upgrade to a house. You have to live in a house before you can go to the island resort.

Step 2: Talk to Tortimer

After you upgrade to a house, the next time you play, Tortimer will appear instead of Isabelle in the start-up screen. After this, go down to the dock on your beach to find Tortimer standing there. Talk to him and he'll tell you about the island.

Step 3: Wait a Day

After you talk to Tortimer on your dock, you have to wait until the next day. Then, go to the dock again. Kapp'n will be there in a boat.

Step 4: Pay Kapp'n to Take You to the Island

To go to the island resort, pay Kapp'n 1000 bells. Then you will hop into the boat and he will take you to the island.

Ugh. My sister managed to take my 3DS from me early in the morning and played before I could get to it. She bought all the tools in the store. So I had to go make 10,000 bells today without any bugs or fish or fossils. All I had to rely on were seashells, my native Pears, and beehives. And some clever item trading. I also pressured Bubbles into buying my crap at Re-tail. I also managed to get a couch to fall out of a tree, but I'm keeping that.

pariah164

Ugh. My sister managed to take my 3DS from me early in the morning and played before I could get to it. She bought all the tools in the store. So I had to go make 10,000 bells today without any bugs or fish or fossils. All I had to rely on were seashells, my native Pears, and beehives. And some clever item trading. I also pressured Bubbles into buying my crap at Re-tail. I also managed to get a couch to fall out of a tree, but I'm keeping that.

You're a beast. I am so glad I don't have to share my 3DS

Elija2

Is there a limit on the amount of times you can go to the island in one day? I feel like if there weren't you could just farm bells and become a millionaire in a few hours.

putting my FC out here for anyone to add. Need some people to do stuff with. I'm in Australia so GMT+10, any other players in Aus/Asia or just happen to play about this time of day.

FC 4828-4297-6613 PM if you add so I can add you.

I have apples.

PMed and added you

watershed

Banned
I'm at work, with work to do before the day is out, and with more work waiting for me when I get home, and yet all I can think about is playing this game........

corn_fest

Regarding the supposed save protection:

I have no idea how legitimate this is, but this Gamefaqs poster claims to be swapping between 2 town's save data with only one copy of the game, implying that backups may be possible after all?
Ok, so I'm playing New Leaf on the same 3ds as my girlfriend. We each want a town, and I had assumed a digital download + multiple sd cards would allow for this. It appears that an error is thrown up if you swap out SD cards, though, disallowing you to load any save other than the most recent save file.

So. I started poking around the contents of the SD card, and I was able to locate the 2 folders AC creates. They are numbered, rather than human readable names, so I had to go by creation date on the folders to deduce the correct ones.

If you open your SD card on your Mac/PC, you'll notice 2 folders. Ignore private & open the numbered directory. After clicking through another numbered sub-folder, you'll see 3 sub-directories.

dbs
extdata
title

There will be 1 folder you'll need from within extdata & title. Looking inside extdata, click through the solitary numbered directory & you'll see groups of folders that each begin with a series of 0s. The folder I needed was called '00000863'. Not sure if this will be the same for everyone, but go by creation date, to be sure (If your first save was early this morning, the creation date of the folder will match).

Then, move back out to the "title" folder, navigate two levels further & locate the similarly named folder that you found in extdata (here, mine is called '00086300').

Copy both above directories to your machine and insert your 2nd sd card. Pull the same data from that card & you've got backups of both of your towns on your computer. To switch to an older save or different town, just replace the 2 folders on your active sd card (the one you'll be inserting into your 3DS) with the backup folders from your computer. Be sure to back up your latest files before overwriting the live card to avoid losing any data.

If your in a similar situation as me, or if you just want to have multiple towns on one 3DS, this method will work without the need of purchasing a second copy of the game & you only need 1 SD card.

Believe me, if she's hooked on it like my wife you'll barely get to play. ;) get two separate copies mate. ;)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Is there a quick way to go 100% in development permit?

According to the wiki, Nookling Junction upgrades after spending 12,000 there, and at Re-Tail the husband wakes up after you've sold 100,000 bells worth of stuff to Reese so its probably best to sell at Re-Tail for now.

Ahh so twofer.

Vibranium

Banned
So I hear Tom Nook has a crew now? I haven't played this since the original and I'm quite looking forward to it whenever I get my copy from Amazon.

Yeah, his nephews Timmy and Tommy, they actually were in Animal Crossing Wild World for the DS when you upgraded his store to a certain point.

EDIT: Dropping my 3DS code my last time as I head out for the night: 0877-0242-0076 - I'm always ready for new friends.

the controls are pretty annoying on this. Tried to put the Perfect Orange down in my house to plant it when i got the shovel and i fucking ate it.

Labrys

According to the wiki, Nookling Junction upgrades after spending 12,000 there, and at Re-Tail the husband wakes up after you've sold 100,000 bells worth of stuff to Reese so its probably best to sell at Re-Tail for now.

Really, don't sell to Nookling at all. There is no reason to, you're always going to get a lower price there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom