• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

I do this and my shovel just bounces off, any tips?

Also, anyone going online? I'd like to check out some towns

PM or quote me if you add me. I'm Australian, so i'll leave my gates open overnight.

4124-5731-9998
That means that rock isn't the money rock. Only one money rock and mod gem rock per day

Add me guys: 1461-6955-2843

Im in Australia so my stores will probably be open when yours aren't (for those in the US).

70% satisfaction rate. Nearly there!

Oh cool, I'm gonna add you when I get home.

0189-8241-3410

Looking for more friends so let me know if you add me anyone.

Forkball

I'm guessing you can't do 100% in one day? I sent a bunch of letters but got no points, maybe they actually have to be sent out to get them.

Shoyz

I got 30% from simply having my house finished (I assume, went from 67 yesterday to 97 today) so I imagine not.

How do you catch large fish? Every time I press A when the lure sinks they swim off.

This rock rules, I got 15,100 bells just because it's pressed up against the fence so I can shovel it to the depths of the underworld!

FUlxF7U.jpg

Also, I broke a rock or something and got a gemstone. Amethyst.

Same thing happened to me yesterday, only mine was against the river. I felt like I cheated since I was able to pay off my down payment immediately after buying my shovel.

Cbajd5

I'm guessing you can't do 100% in one day? I sent a bunch of letters but got no points, maybe they actually have to be sent out to get them.

I did it all in one day yesterday.

I think the trick is visiting another town, because doing that jumped me up from 91% to 100% after being stuck at 91% for a couple hours. I'm not a 100% certain though.

Also, applying for the development permit takes at least a day once you have your house and 100% approval apparently.

ISABELLE WHY DIDN'T YOU SEND OUT THE APPLICATION YESTERDAY THEN YOU KNEW I'D HAVE A HOUSE TODAY AND I ALREADY HAD 100% APPROVAL WHY WHY WHY I WANT TO DO MAYOR STUFF

Celegus

Does anyone know if playing Animal Crossing on two different 3DS systems would mess with the internal clock and kill turnips / whatever else happens? The times are roughly the same (as in, the seconds are probably off), but my wife and I each have a 3DS but just one copy of the game. So are we stuck with only playing on one 3DS? Has anyone tried this yet?

Chuckpebble

Pretty happy with my town. It actually has a beach going up the left side with a sweet train truss bridge. I just picked the first map that was generated, but I'm curoious, are all of the towns one high plateau, and only the beach is on a lower level? Specifically, my shoreline just goes right up to a cliff face, there's no transition from sand to grass anywhere.

Forkball

I have a few hybrid flowers. Some blue and orange... I don't know what the flowers are called. But they weren't there before. The blue ones look nice.

I am wearing a Samus mask to hide my hideous bee scars.

Man, I didn't break 10k bells until 8:30 last night so I'm stuck with the tent another day. Stupid me buying a 3,000 bells skeleton. It just looked so cool.

Pretty happy with my town. It actually has a beach going up the left side with a sweet train truss bridge. I just picked the first map that was generated, but I'm curoious, are all of the towns one high plateau, and only the beach is on a lower level? Specifically, my shoreline just goes right up to a cliff face, there's no transition from sand to grass anywhere.

I think so. I have yet to see one otherwise.

Headed to the store soon to buy a 3DS XL and this game. Tempted to buy two systems so I can play at the same time as the wife. Lotta dough to be doing that though.

Are you freaking kidding me? Less then 24 hours and somone is moving into my town and they are building as close to my front door as the game will allow.

Nope..

Damn now I have to restart.

The "hole right behind you" thing is not as good as the "two diagonal holes" method for moneyrocking IMO.
Code:
r = rock
y = you
h = hole

----
-r--
--yh
--h-
It takes a second more to dig the extra hole, but there's practically zero chance of you being hit off target due to being misaligned.

The "hole right behind you" thing is not as good as the "two diagonal holes" method for moneyrocking IMO.
Code:
r = rock
y = you
h = hole

----
-r--
--yh
--h-
It takes a second more to dig the extra hole, but there's practically zero chance of you being hit off target due to being misaligned.

Hmm I've always done

------R
----Hy H
------H

Is this wrong?

hwy_61

Banned
Anyone know where the club nintendo code is if you bought the ACNL XL? I found the one for the system, but I don't see one for the game.

Are you freaking kidding me? Less then 24 hours and somone is moving into my town and they are building as close to my front door as the game will allow.

Nope..

Damn now I have to restart.

Ha, that happened to me too. I don't want to restart, but I'm seriously thinking about finding a way to kick them out of town.

Hmm I've always done

R
H y H
H

Is this wrong?
Alignment looks off (leading spaces aren't really kept in posts):
Code:
-r-
hyh
-y-
Well, you shouldn't dig any holes in the 9 squares surrounding the rock, because you miss out on getting the highest denomination of coin - max payout from the rock is 16,100.

Animekatt

Anyone know where the club nintendo code is if you bought the ACNL XL? I found the one for the system, but I don't see one for the game.

I think if you link your Club Nintendo account to your 3DS, any game you download to the system will be automatically registered to CN.

Chucker

This may have been answered already, and if so I apologize.

I have found an Animal Crossing bundle, and was going to buy it, and sell my old 3DS and Physical copy to my coworker to subsidize the cost.
Will I be able to do a system transfer from one to the other and still have my current town in tact, or is there some mumbo jumbo that will keep me from doing it. It’s not the end of the world if so, since I’m only 3 days in.

Thanks!

Alignment looks off (leading spaces aren't really kept in posts):
Code:
-r-
hyh
-y-
Well, you shouldn't dig any holes in the 9 squares surrounding the rock, because you miss out on getting the highest denomination of coin - max payout from the rock is 16,100.

The two holes to either side of you displace potential money. With the method above, money can land on all 8 squares around the rock.

:0

Akira_83

Banned
are flowers that turned brown recoverable? i dont have the watering can yet and ive been digging up brown flowers because they look ugly

also, does grass regenerate on its own, or do you buy grass seed? or water the brown areas?

thanks

PS - i would also like to know about the beach situation. Ideally my map would be one big flat map that had a river and stuff, but i wish the grass just nicely transitioned into the beach, not huge cliffs with ramps

Animekatt

This may have been answered already, and if so I apologize.

I have found an Animal Crossing bundle, and was going to buy it, and sell my old 3DS and Physical copy to my coworker to subsidize the cost.
Will I be able to do a system transfer from one to the other and still have my current town in tact, or is there some mumbo jumbo that will keep me from doing it. It’s not the end of the world if so, since I’m only 3 days in.

Thanks!

I believe you can use the game save transfer tool that you can download from the eshop.

http://www.nintendofuse.com/2013/03/27/using-the-3ds-save-data-transfer-tool/

That's what I thought, but then this greets me at the club nintendo home page...

Hmmm... I'm trying to remember how it would look on my account after I downloaded a title. It's been awhile since I've bought an eligible game from the shop. Sorry. :(

Salsa

omg I cant expand my house because I bought a fucking door before doing it so now I gotta wait for that to be done?????

holy shit thats some BS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom