• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you freaking kidding me? Less then 24 hours and somone is moving into my town and they are building as close to my front door as the game will allow.

Nope..

Damn now I have to restart.

I believe that villagers can put their houses anywhere they like, so even if you have nobody near your front door, eventually someone will move out, and someone else might move in there. A year from now, the same thing could happen again...at least that's the impression I get.

So don't restart, maybe!

Ha, that happened to me too. I don't want to restart, but I'm seriously thinking about finding a way to kick them out of town.

You can tell Isabelle they're a problem villager, I don't know what that will do because I'm afraid to try, I don't want to kick out any of mine.

Forkball

I refuse to even know how much something is until the first one is donated to the Museum

my brother thinks that's ridiculous, but I refuse to sell the first species of a fish I catch.

I donate dinosaurs first go, but bugs and fish are my bread and butter. I might not have been able to make my payment today without that magical 10k bug out of nowhere.

Animekatt

I refuse to even know how much something is until the first one is donated to the Museum

my brother thinks that's ridiculous, but I refuse to sell the first species of a fish I catch.

That's exactly what I'm doing. The best case of "what you don't know can't hurt you".

I tried to catch a Tarantula. It knocked me out, and I was sent back to my house. He will pay.

C-Drive

So if I understand correctly, stuff in the storage lockers at the station/your closet/dressers at home is shared storage. And this shared storage is accessible by town wifi visitors to take/leave as they please?

Salsa

I really wish these games would communicate stuff better already. Now im stuck in a small house for another full day just cause I wanted to try changing the fuckin door. 0 warning

flake

Finishing the day with 94%. 100% will have to wait until tomorrow.

Thanks to the gaffers I just had a quick multi session with!

eznark

Banned
I have basically zero idea what I am doing. What is the benefit to donating things to the museum and not just selling them?

Sendou

I have basically zero idea what I am doing. What is the benefit to donating things to the museum and not just selling them?

Well first of all an empty museum is kind of sad. Also you get to expand the museum to make it more useful. There might have been some other benefits but I don't remember them currently.

There's always a rock that contains bells in it if you hit it.

What do gems do?

After a week or so that sleeping blue llama in re-tail lets you customize furniture

Well first of all an empty museum is kind of sad. Also you get to expand the museum to make it more useful. There might have been some other benefits but I don't remember them currently.

sitting on the bench and watching the fish swim around is the greatest benefit of them all!

Seriously, Animal Crossing is the most relaxing game ever for me.

beta_fuse

playing with the SO is the best, highly recoended, my GF is havibg a blast.

Wish I didnt have to work :/

I know that feeling. I'm at work right now and all I can think about is what I'm going to do first when I open the game up later tonight. I mean I did log about 10 hours or so yesterday but damn is that game addictive or what?

Linius

Since I'm stuck waiting till friday I did some reading in the IGN guide section. I noticed that catching bugs (especially during night hours after 11 pm) on the island is a great way to make quick bucks. Seems that there are a lot of bugs that worth a shitload of money. If you do it right you should be able to make up to 500.000 bells for one trip to the island.

Guess I'll be donating to the museum first though :p

I broke down and bought this from the eShop yesterday afternoon. Been a long time since my last AC and I'm really enjoying it. Played until I got the flashing red light and quit for the evening. So relaxing and the perfect game to play while watching TV or listening to podcasts.

I know that feeling. I'm at work right now and all I can think about is what I'm going to do first when I open the game up later tonight. I mean I did log about 10 hours or so yesterday but damn is that game addictive or what?

Glad to see I'm not the only one at work who just wants to play more.

ggggg

Forkball

If you're stuck on approval rating, definitely go to other towns. I shot up from 86% to 98% in one visit and finished it off in another town. I guess it count plants you water and animals you talk to, so it's like starting from scratch almost. Good for that last few percentage.

beta_fuse

At the rate I'm making bells, I kind of wish I started donating things to the museum from the start. I'm usually not one to fill up my museum but I wanna change that this time around.

OneLetter

At the rate I'm making bells, I kind of wish I started donating things to the museum from the start. I'm usually not one to fill up my museum but I wanna change that this time around.

I have a personal mandate, that even if I really need the bells, and even if a townsfolk asked me for it, I ALWAYS donate to the museum first. Filling the museum is one of my main priorities with this game.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
I travel to work from 6:30-7:30 a.m. and everything is closed then. :(

I thought I heard you could set your town to open earlier... when does that unlock?

I'm guessing you can't do 100% in one day? I sent a bunch of letters but got no points, maybe they actually have to be sent out to get them.

I sent out letters to all of the townspeople. I continued to play for hours and nothing happened. I saved and quit, checked my swapnote, and as soon as I loaded back up the mail main arrived at my house with a letter & my towns peeps had their delivered from me. (Astrid showed me my letter to her)

Also I noticed that my deformed face healed when I returned after only 10 minutes away from the game.

First lucky ticket reward: Mushroom mural

oh and Nookling has a shovel and fishing rod in stock for those who need one. If you do, let me know and I'll post my code

tumblr_mo6htp6Qhh1sukkejo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mo6j55hF0w1sukkejo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mo6j27uZCj1sukkejo1_400.jpg

Kyle moved in and he seems pretty cool so far. Plus his chimney has star-shaped smoke!
Sahara dropped by and charged 3,000 Bells to renovate my carpet and wallpaper. It's better than the common stuff I had before, I guess.
My mayoral application was sent in this morning. I have no idea how I got 100% since last I checked i was around 86%.

What do y'alls towns look like? I just went with the first option they gave me in the spirit of just rolling with what I got (i.e. I didn't look up what answers gave me what face) and I'm not sure I'm happy with it.

Also, how is there any way to make a "pro" pattern? I bought a white button down on my first day and I'd love to make a blue one.

Pau

I have a personal mandate, that even if I really need the bells, and even if a townsfolk asked me for it, I ALWAYS donate to the museum first. Filling the museum is one of my main priorities with this game.
Same here.

I might have broken the mandate once with an expensive looking butterfly. I caught two of them and sold them both. I'm sorry Blathers. I was greedy and fell to temptation. :(

Celegus

/fistbump

I can get bells any old place, but filling the museum is much more rewarding.

etrain911

I got a question. Can you only get one of the fortune cookie items? Like, can I only get one pair of Hero's Boots, one Fi Mask, one Mario cap?

I'm not sure. I think they may be stashed in the item catalog you get later? I do know that the Mario cap can be gained through the Abel Sisters' shop because that's where I got mine.

Birthday parties in this game are largely underwhelming. It was just Walker and Flurry chilling in his house, whistling and staring at a cake. I thought the town would get together for it! Still, it was cute and he totally loved his present.

Clockwork5

This is me. I have been really intent on building up my aquarium. Ill admit i am slowly getting into this game and spent about 6 hours with it yesterday. I wouldn't say that I am hooked yet, but I am definitely looking forward to getting home from work and checking out my house, seeing what is in the store, hanging out with some gaffers.

I guess my only real issue so far is the Free to Play feeling I get from the game. Even though I realize there are no paid DLC and it is a totaly self contained retail title, it just kinda has that feeling.

So if I understand correctly, stuff in the storage lockers at the station/your closet/dressers at home is shared storage. And this shared storage is accessible by town wifi visitors to take/leave as they please?

I think its your own personal storage that you can access from any town.

Question that might be a spoiler...

Are you still allowed to bury some money and turn it into a bell tree?

I don't have New Leaf yet but I remember doing this in Wild World. Come on NewEgg bring it already so I can join my fellow GAFers ;-;

Agh. It takes at least one day for the application to go through. Was looking forward to abusing my authority today.

How are turnip prices looking? Someone with a random run could potentially start big. Two hours til my shop opens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom